Sign in to follow this  
Ian B

Checking for updates help

Please can someone help me , I'm going nuts. 

28th july began downloading the 5th update. All went well, and then got a powercut nearly half way.  

Turned the pc windows 10 back on, and ever since it's been checking for updates in installation manager for hours.

Can anyone help, I just dont know what to do. I'm not very technical when it comes to a pc, so go easy on me. 

I deleted the discs and then reinstalled all 10, but still doing the same. It must be something I'm not doing in microsoft store. 

Any that can help will make my day. 

Thanks

Ian 

• Like 1

I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum for your quest for help.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I am just guessing here, but you might have to do the same thing I am searching for and that is clearing content folder or something and reinstall download. 

I am able to get through the updates, downloads, settings, launch but when I try to fly and get everything set to click go fly.....it takes about the average 30ish secs or minute to have the blue bar load up but then nothing happens......5 min, 10min, 15min, 20....30.....nothing.  don't know what to do. 

13 hours ago, ttopper said:

I am just guessing here, but you might have to do the same thing I am searching for and that is clearing content folder or something and reinstall download. 

I am able to get through the updates, downloads, settings, launch but when I try to fly and get everything set to click go fly.....it takes about the average 30ish secs or minute to have the blue bar load up but then nothing happens......5 min, 10min, 15min, 20....30.....nothing.  don't know what to do. 

remove  the  mods  out  of  your  community  folder  since  one  of  them  isnt  been  updated  as  of  yet  to the latest  version of  msfs

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi, I'm still stuck on searching for updates in the installation manager. Dont even get into the game. 

In my wisdom, which was not very smart, I purchased another 10 disc sim, and it's happening again stuck in he installation manager searching for updates.

My sim has run perfectly for 8 month at max and the powercut to the house whilst running the 5th world wide  install cased this.

I'm at a loss what to do? Do I completely delete the microsoft store and reinstall. All the discs are loaded. 

As said before, delete the Community Folder.

Removing the store or the sim is not the way to go.

René Moelaert

PMDG 744 Tech Team

I’ve had the same problem on and off lately. Rebooting your PC may help. Otherwise I think it is a server issue as the problem seems to come and go randomly.