Sign in to follow this  
Steku

P2ATC not reacting properly to frequency change?

For time to time (2.6.2.4_x64_beta2a), when I change freq in the sim, the freq is also changing in the P2ATC (numerals below COM1), but P2ATC seems to be not aware of the change - it still displays "Assigned Freq" instead of recoginzing it. I must click on the freq in the P2ATC, only then it recognizes the freq, displays the proper frequency name and allows itnteraction with the controller.

Assigned Freq is the frequency that ATC  tells you to change to.  It has nothing to do with what frequency is set on the radio.

However, when I change the frequency in the sim (for example from clearance delivery to tower), the frequency in the sim changes, the frequency displayed in P2ATC changes, but I'm still talking and getting the responses from clearance delivery. Only clicking on the freq in the P2ATC somehow triggers P2ATC to "digest" the frequency change - the freq remians the same in P2ATC but the proper name of the frequency appears and the right controller (tower in this case) starts responding.

This happens randomly, not clear pattern when.

It could be a timing thing.  If you change frequencies in the SIM while a controller is talking in P2A, it should stop.  But if  the copilot is reading back, for example, it might not stop.

Dave

I will try to catch the conditions when it happens, to allow reproducing.

When I started the flight today the P2ATC was displaying just "COM" insted of "COM1" or "COM2". Only when I clicked on the COM (or close to it) in P2ATC, it realized that it should use COM1 and started displaying "COM1".

The frequencies I set for COM1, were displayedin P2ATC under "COM", but P2ATC was not "realizing" them (no frequency identification shown by P2ATC), so I was not able to interact with the controller. Only after the click in the P2ATC (which traggered recognition of COM as COM1) resulted in the ability to talk with the controller and P2ATC diplaying the frequency name (e.g. EPWR Twr).

I'm using hardware panel, setting frequencies on GNS530 via HVARs (HTML variables) via LorbyAxisAndOhs. The frequecy setting I change are perfectly recongized in the sim (MFS2020).

Edited by Steku

P2A gets the active channel and frequency from FSUIPC7, which in turn gets it from MSFS.  I've seen this "glitch" happen before.  Seems to be a timing issue or transient glitch.  It is not a bug in P2A.

Dave

Thank you. Now, when I know the root cause I can easilly fix it by clicking on "COM".