Sign in to follow this  
cianpars

ORBX Sale

What about the usa airports ..are they worth buying in the sale??

Regards

Paul EGCC

Just bought EGLC... and threw in the NZ Mesh at the same time.

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

7 hours ago, Matchstick said:

You mean that's not what you are supposed to do ? (and I say that with today being my Birthday as well as the Sim's 😉 )

How do you know when it's somebody's birthday? They'll find some unrelated way to create an excuse to tell you!😜

Happy Birthday by the way!🎂😉

Eight items on sale and I have 5 of them already. Only Innsbruck, Orcas and Santa Barbara to muse over and decide if it's worth the purchase.🤔

My motto: A sale price is only worth it if you wanted the product anyway.

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

I am thinking about getting EGLC and the London City Pack. Does anyone who has these notice any conflict with the MSFS default building, especially considering the UK World Update? If so, can the default buildings be disabled?

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

23 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

I am thinking about getting EGLC and the London City Pack. Does anyone who has these notice any conflict with the MSFS default building, especially considering the UK World Update? If so, can the default buildings be disabled?

Cheers, Pete

Same here. I'd like to know too.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

3 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

Innsbruck (...) if it's worth the purchase.

Jarrad's Innsbruck is one of the best (I believe my single best non-Flightbeam one) sceneries available.
Yes, I am talking about the P3D version, as I don't have MSFS, but since it is visually stunning, I am sure it will even be better in MSFS.
Go ahead a make yourself a (non-birthday) gift! 😉👍

3 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

My motto: A sale price is only worth it if you wanted the product anyway.

How true! That should be pinned to this subforum, seriously.

Edited by Rafal
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PilotPete99 said:

Cheers, Pete

There is a config option with the Orbx London Landmarks where you select if you have the UK world update installed and any conflicting Orbx buildings are not installed.

All works fine together. 

• Like 2

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

I guess I am an east coast to mideast to gulf coast and back kinda pilot and despite taking a relatively rare flight in Oregon today, Orbx is just not in my orbit!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

59 minutes ago, Donka said:

There is a config option with the Orbx London Landmarks where you select if you have the UK world update installed and any conflicting Orbx buildings are not installed.

All works fine together. 

Thanks!

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

16 hours ago, fppilot said:

I guess I am an east coast to mideast to gulf coast and back kinda pilot and despite taking a relatively rare flight in Oregon today, Orbx is just not in my orbit!

yeah, why explore and itravel the world when you can limit yourself to just a little piece of it...

29 minutes ago, Mgard78 said:

yeah, why explore and itravel the world when you can limit yourself to just a little piece of it...

Uhhh.  I don't think where I roam mostly is a little piece.....  Nice try though!  I fly mostly to fly, and less to sightsee.  We each pursue this activity a bit differently and that is OK!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Here I go again. I thought I made an error in judgment spending literally thousands of dollars in software on P3D and FSX. The tragedy is I have not used the vast majority of software purchased, or even installed them (eg. TrueEarth) --when MSFS crashed and exploded into the hobby scene. With MSFS, I swore to myself never again. I'd just buy and use a couple of really good high quality sceneries and planes instead. I'm going to stick to my 'kiss' mantra.

But, at 50% off for Orbx's already relatively cheap MSFS stuff? That's almost shovel-ware cheap. I'm going to buy, but not so much for flight simming but for appreciating and enjoying 3D moving pictures of scenery art. Here I go again...

• Like 4

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

4 hours ago, bofhlusr said:

But, at 50% off for Orbx's already relatively cheap MSFS stuff? That's almost shovel-ware cheap.

I ended up caving and bought the the remaining ones in the sale I didn't already own. I did have a freeware Orcas which was pretty good but decided the Orbx added just enough to justify it at that price. But I'm really trying to buy only places I do, or can persuade myself to, fly to regularly.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

On 8/19/2021 at 7:53 AM, fppilot said:

Uhhh.  I don't think where I roam mostly is a little piece.....  Nice try though!  I fly mostly to fly, and less to sightsee.  We each pursue this activity a bit differently and that is OK!

Not "trying" anything (or need to),  you state it yourself, and yes it a little piece in the grand scheme if things. But hey, whatever rocks your boat..