Sign in to follow this  
flythevale

Navigraph/MSFS 2020/Pilot2ATC

Has anyone successfully got all three packages to play together nicely? I can create a plan in SimBrief/Navigraph and export it as a .PLN file. This imports to MSFS 2020 without issue but importing it to Pilot2ATC throws up errors such as waypoints not recognised or no IFC approaches. If it doesn't throw an error then when the plan is filed the route is changed. If I try to work the other way then the .PLN file from Pilot2ATC imports to MSFS 2020 but is incomplete when imported to Navigraph. I am using the same airac and the latest version of FSUIPC7 (August 2021). I like using Navigraph/Simbrief for flight plan generation but also want the immersion Pilot2ATC creates.

i tend to do my flight plane in simbrief import it to navigraph then export it from navigraph as copy route to clipboard then in P2A i go to FP Import on the top right hand side in the new box that comes up select Navigraph from the drop down menu then paste the flight plan into the white box

depending on your settings p2a may change the sid and star to make it match the weather if you don't want it to change anything go to config Flt Pln tab and untick ATC assigns Sids, Stars, Approaches

as for the sim itself i tend to input every thing into the navigation system myself and not use the world map

Thank you Lestat11 for your reply. I have played about a bit more and realise I need to spend more time sorting out the flight plan in Navigraph but it has thrown up what could be my problem. I copied a route from Navigraph to the clipboard and imported it successfully into Pilot2ATC. Hurrah! Then I played about a bit in Pilot2ATC and decided to start again. I clicked on New Flight and tried to paste the plan in again (It was still on the clipboard). Pilot2ATC threw up an error message saying the format was not correct - please check. Obviously nothing had changed so I closed Pilot2ATC completely and restarted. This time the flight plan came in with no issues. It seems I need a new start each time to load a flight plan successfully.

That shouldn't be.  Please paste the plan you had  the problem with from Navigraph and I'll see what's going wrong.

Thanks,

Dave

On 8/19/2021 at 4:43 PM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

That shouldn't be.  Please paste the plan you had  the problem with from Navigraph and I'll see what's going wrong.

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks but I can't remember which one caused the problem and now, of course, I can't replicate the issue. If it occurs again I will obviously contact you. Thanks very much.

Hope this is the right place for this post...it's kinda related but a bit different...

No matter how I get the flight plan entered into P2A (my imports are all successful, whether I import from SimBrief (paste from clipboard), NaviGraph, or even enter my flight plan DIRECTLY into P2A, I cannot get all data to MATCH properly.  Example:  Flight into KSFO from KSAN.  It seems that all sources recognize the SERFR4 arrival (Simbrief and Navigraph), but P2A only sees a SERFR2 arrival.  ALL my apps are updated to the latest versions, as well as to the latest AIRAC cycle (2108).

I hope I've provided enough information here.  Thanks in advance.

That sounds like P2A is not at the same AIRAC Cycle level as your other tools.

The AIRAC cycle in use is displayed in the top left of the main P2A screen.

Dave

Thanks Dave.  I THOUGHT I had my Navigraph FMS Data Manager pointing to the correct folder...I did not.  My P2A is now on the correct AIRAC 2108 cycle.  THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!

John