Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

Airbus A321 Radio Tune in VC

Anyone else notice you can't tune the upper numbers in the virtual cockpit for the Airbus. Applies for Comm, NAV and ADF freqs. For instance try to use mouse on the radio knob(s) to tune 123.450- you can tune the .450 part, but the mouse never allows focus to tune/change the 123. (upper) part. The 2D cockpit seem to work.Flt

It does work but you have to place your mouse pointer exactly over the correct place on the knob. If you happen to use a TrackIR it can be a real pain in the #### to operate stuff, especially knobs in VC in the A321.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

>It does work but you have to place your mouse pointer exactly>over the correct place on the knob. If you happen to use a>TrackIR it can be a real pain in the #### to operate stuff,>especially knobs in VC in the A321.Just pause the TrackIR software, if you want to try an stabilize the view.

>Anyone else notice you can't tune the upper numbers in the>virtual cockpit for the Airbus. Applies for Comm, NAV and ADF>freqs. For instance try to use mouse on the radio knob(s) to>tune 123.450- you can tune the .450 part, but the mouse never>allows focus to tune/change the 123. (upper) part. The 2D>cockpit seem to work.>>Flt I've gone through many of the default aircraft panels andmodified the various gauge "MouseArea" sections to create much larger areas for "clicking" than the originalcode allowed. In many cases I got rid of the "concentric knob"areas and created vertical zones with "-" on the left, "+" onthe right for selecting altitude, frequencies, airspeed, course, heading, etc. I extended the areas up into the display area. Notjust limiting the clickable areas to the knob area.Thses larger zones make it much easier to change those values while in the VC. I have also incorporated a "TrackIR Pause" function on my Saitek X-45 throttle so that I can hit thosemouse areas quite easily to make my changes and then revert tonormal head movement again. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

........And the closer you get to the switch, the easier it is to move.

Dave Taylor gb.png

>>Anyone else notice you can't tune the upper numbers in the>>virtual cockpit for the Airbus. Applies for Comm, NAV and>ADF>>freqs. For instance try to use mouse on the radio knob(s) to>>tune 123.450- you can tune the .450 part, but the mouse>never>>allows focus to tune/change the 123. (upper) part. The 2D>>cockpit seem to work.>>>>Flt >>>I've gone through many of the default aircraft panels and>modified the various gauge "MouseArea" sections to >create much larger areas for "clicking" than the original>code allowed. In many cases I got rid of the "concentric>knob">areas and created vertical zones with "-" on the left, "+" on>the right for selecting altitude, frequencies, airspeed,>course, >heading, etc. I extended the areas up into the display area.>Not>just limiting the clickable areas to the knob area.>>Thses larger zones make it much easier to change those values>>while in the VC. I have also incorporated a "TrackIR Pause" >function on my Saitek X-45 throttle so that I can hit those>mouse areas quite easily to make my changes and then revert>to>normal head movement again.>> Paul>What tools do you use to modify the gauges?

>>I've gone through many of the default aircraft panels and>>modified the various gauge "MouseArea" sections to >>create much larger areas for "clicking" than the original>>code allowed. In many cases I got rid of the "concentric>>knob">>areas and created vertical zones with "-" on the left, "+">on>>the right for selecting altitude, frequencies, airspeed,>>course, >>heading, etc. I extended the areas up into the display area.-SNIP->> Paul>>>>What tools do you use to modify the gauges?> PowerArchiver 2000 to "unzip/de-cab" the gauge files then Notepad ( any text editor will do ) to edit the files. This applies to those gauges that are XML gauges, contained in a CAB file or in a seperate folder. There is a utility to recreate a CAB file from a folder which you can use once you've made the modifications ( I believe it's on the M$ site as well as in the FSX SDK ) but I usually just leave my modified gauges in a folder ( of the same name as the CAB file ) and rename the original CAB file, since I'm always "tweaking" things. There are alot of XML-specific tools/utilities around but I've never found a need for anything beyond a text editor. After editing, if you double-click on an XML file, MS IE will open and if there are any formatting errors the file display will be truncated in the vacinity of the error. Not perfect but enough to do a quick check of any code changes. Paul

Wide-5.jpg