Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Memory Leak after latest SU 5 for several users.

Try to not use nVidia Experience.  It has never had good press for gamers IMO.

Regards

bs

Edited by bean_sprout

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Aftter 40 minutes,

Nvidia experience did not cure the problem. fps down to 20 , gpu utilization down to 62%, temp down to 72 degrees, fan speed down to 2750 and watts shrank from 175 to 146.

We who suffer the malady, have found no answers. This came on with one of the recent updates maybe even as long ago as SU4, or maybe SU5 or the 2 or 3 fixes of SUt.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 minute ago, Fielder said:

Aftter 40 minutes,

Nvidia experience did not cure the problem. fps down to 20 , gpu utilization down to 62%, temp down to 72 degrees, fan speed down to 2750 and watts shrank from 175 to 146.

We who suffer the malady, have found no answers. This came on with one of the recent updates maybe even as long ago as SU4, or maybe SU5 or the 2 or 3 fixes of SUt.

What is perplexing is this.  My temps, CPU and GPU & power draw each go to a level as soon as MSFS is loaded (home screen) and do not materially change once I begin flying or when checked during flight. Go figure.  And my frame rates rarely change with my current settings.  The load on my 8 physical (16 virtual) cores and my GPU also do not change considerably.  My frame rates are only changing under some relatively specific situations, like when fully encased in clouds with a thunderstorm and clouds setting on ultra.

I am running a gold 850 watt PSU.  600 is a PSU level I have not had in place for now 15 years.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Then run Resource Monitor during a flight ✈️ and watch memory usage.

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

If not everybody is suffering this, I am wondering if it is a specific aircraft or maybe a Garmin add on that has the memory leak. 

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

31 minutes ago, Fielder said:

Looks like fps is shrinking 😞 again.

Down from 31 to 25 , utilization from 100 down to 76%, fan speed from 3100 down to 2930, gpu temp is 76 (down from 80).

this is after 30 minutes.

With fps set to 30, you should not be running with 100% GPU.. or, you need to lower some other settings.

Bert

I had the fps decreasing issue with FBW development version. I switched to stable version and I no longer notice this issue.

I'm trying the suggestions.

If I Escape to Options screen GPU utilization jumps up to 100% and fps to 31. If I Resume flight, GPU utiliz. goes down to 40% immediately (after 1 hour 20 minutes into the flight), fps is now down to 12 in flight).

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I have this problem as well using the fbw 320 dev version. and live traffic and weather. It seems that somewhere between 2 and 3 hrs into the flight my fps starts to drop gradually. Going form 60 fps down to 30 fps in clear skies. I have found going into the menu in mid flight and turning live traffic off and then back on again suddenly my fps jumps back to 60 fps again. Im feeling that maybe a memory leak of some kind exists with  live traffic.

• Like 2

System Intel core I9-10900.Asus prime Z490P motherboard, Corsair 32gb ddr4 dram, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD and 1 TB Seagate Barracuda HD. Zotac GE force RTX 2080 Super  750 Watt power supply, Windows 10 Pro, Honeycomb yoke and Bravo,Thrustmaster pedals

Since SU5 update and HF2, my longest flight in FBW A320 has been 6 hours, real time. Many other flights of 2-3 hours. Fortunately I am not affected. 

you may have tried these ideas already but:

Try removing absolutely everything from your Community Folder. It may be the sim but it could be a third party add-on. Try installing a new (or different) GPU driver. Remove any software that is monitoring hardware temps etc.

Try turning live traffic and live weather off.

Do a clean install of the latest GPU driver and deselect option to install Nvidia Experience. As several people have this issue, there must be some sort of sim bug that only comes to life under certain circumstances. Might be some point of commonality across all affected systems. A particular GPU or motherboard or software running in the background, or perhaps a controller.

Good luck as it sounds very frustrating.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

5 hours ago, Fielder said:

If I Escape to Options screen GPU utilization jumps up to 100% and fps to 31. If I Resume flight, GPU utiliz. goes down to 40% immediately

That does not sound like a typical memory leak symptom. It can’t be a hardware fault either though, if it this suddenly appeared for several people with SU5. Might be a Windows issue too. Make sure Windows is fully up to date.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I also get this issue on longer flights (FBW dev version).

I noticed that my FPS go up to normal again right after touchdown. Anyone else experiencing this?

Also, do you use any addon/mod for AI traffic, be it aircraft or ships? Sometimes turning off AI traffic cures the issue for me (at least temporarily), sometimes not. So I wonder if it has to do with some kind of AI models.

Has anyone already tried a flight with an empty community folder to see if the issue also occurs with the vanilla sim?

Edited by RALF9636

Don't have this with 2-3h flights.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

There are 138 messages in the thread below, most with the same problem as my original post. Dozens of dozens of people have the issue. Often I read: 'started with SU5'.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/after-playing-a-few-hours-fps-drops-from-40-to-5fps/389603/141

Why do you focus on the GPU only? I wonder, what your CPU is doing when the FPS start to drop. Can it maintain clock speeds? I remember that some AMD combinations had issues with their capacitors on the mainboard due to insufficient cooling, hope this was checked here? Dropping GPU loads are always indicative of something else becoming the bottleneck, so it might be worth checking not only the GPU...

• Like 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS