Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

757 - Qualitywings vs CaptainSim

Hello, 

Since few months I was thinking about getting the 757 for P3D and was really close buying the CaptainSim one. However due to recent news regarding CaptainSim policy (abandon of 767 Freighter and 777 for MSFS scam - sorry cant find another word) I will not support that company anymore. 

The question is, is the QW 757 any good (I am using version 5 of P3D): 

• Is it compatible with v5? 
  • With what aircraft and developers will you compare that aircraft? 

Any opinions are welcome 🙂 

Best regards,

Arek

17 minutes ago, ark4diusz said:

Hello, 

Since few months I was thinking about getting the 757 for P3D and was really close buying the CaptainSim one. However due to recent news regarding CaptainSim policy (abandon of 767 Freighter and 777 for MSFS scam - sorry cant find another word) I will not support that company anymore. 

Best regards,

Arek

I can't say I blame you. It's hard to imagine ever give CS my money ever again after the 777 scam in MSFS. It has to stop somewhere. 

That being said, I think the QW 757 is a great aircraft, especially for the $15 is going for on Flight1. I'd even venture to that that at that price it's the best bang for your buck aircraft on the market. 

I've only used it in P3Dv4.5, so I'm not sure as to it's compatibility with v5, but I can try to sum up some pros and cons here:

Pros: functioning FMC that gets the jobs done with VNAV, SIDS/STARS, PERF Data. Great looking model with any animation you could ever want coded in (doors, engine cowls, wings flex). All engine types (and if my memory is correct they all have different sound sets). VERY easy on performance (barely a hit when compared to default for me). Flies pretty good. Cheap (like I said, a 757 functioning VC for $15?). 

Cons: Not the best looking VC (but for $15, it's good enough), No modern features like data uplink, No PBR. 

I can't really think of another aircraft to compare it to because it's so unique in what QW really tried to come to market with back in the day. I remember them talking about a "study-level-light" aircraft that could introduce you getting off the GPS/default aircraft and get you into an FMC and all. 

Ultimately, if you're a "PMDG/FSLabs only!" person and anything short of total realism or study-level is acceptable then it may be a letdown. But for $15 and with it being as easy on performance as it is, I think it's a no-brainer of a purchase. 

I really hope it does work in v5 because I will be making the upgrade shortly and would hate to lose the 757 from my hangar. So I hope someone else can confirm that it does.

One word of advice though: be careful if you do end up purchasing. There are two different products: one for the 32-bit sims and one for v4 (64 bit). Make sure you purchase the right one. 

• Like 3

I had to say CS757 is way better than QW757, even then I'd not spend any more penny to CS team then...

• Upvote 2

+1 for QW 757.

Its certainly not study level but has the basic functionality and its still supported with P3D v4.4 + although I have to say I havent been on their forums lately.

In the Aerosoft shop, its available for 16Euros right now which is a pretty good deal.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

I have the QW 757 running on P3dv5. I haven't flown it a lot so it's possible that it may not be 100% but I haven't encountered any CTDs.

I already have the CS757 and 1011 (base packs only), and I'll probably pick up the 767 (and maybe the 737) if they do their usual "Everything s $20-ish for one day" sale again this year.

CS 757 blows the $15 QW out of the water, very basic addon....not even worth $15👍  watch some video reviews.

5 hours ago, ark4diusz said:

Hello, 

Best regards,

Arek

Flightsimming is a hobby. I'd buy what you can afford or what is the product you need to get satisfied.

If you want to safe your investments, go to a bank and invest the money. In 10 years it will be most probably more than today. If you buy flightsim software, it will be worth nothing in ten years most probably. 

Regarding CaptainSim you're only counting the negative points.

I have the CS 757 and it is well worth the money to my opinion.

There are some positive points: 

They make great looking planes. I made lots of flights with them without crashes or problems. 

The 757 has been upgraded several time. It is a fully developed product.

I think the CS 757 is better than QW product mainly because of the prize. I don't have both, can't compare. 

The QW757 may also not be continued for future sims. The low price makes this more probable. 

• Like 1

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

8 hours ago, ark4diusz said:

Hello, 

Best regards,

Arek

I bought the CS757 about 2 years ago...picked up the base + RR expansion during their Christmas sale for $50 for the pair (and then the Freighter for an additional $20 on sale).

At the sale price, it's a good deal. Note, the CS757 still does not have PBR textures. Most of the bugs have been worked out. I wouldn't expect any more updates on this aircraft. The only real downside for the CS757 (and their CS767) is that you cannot import winds aloft into their FMC.

I also bought the CS767 on sale ($80). With the PBR, this plane looks really good and has a lot of detail. I think it's a little pricey for what you get...and only the base is worthwhile. The freighter expansion is a joke...textures only with no functioning cargo door. (I didn't buy it!) They also released their GE powerplant for the CS767...without a working soundset...another flop release.

I am also now in the camp where I am sworn off CS due to their pathetic customer service/release practices.

Other than their forum (where they actively delete unflattering posts), there is no way to contact them...try to find a physical address for this company. That alone should speak volumes for who they really are.

2 hours ago, blaunarwal said:

The QW757 may also not be continued for future sims. The low price makes this more probable. 

I'd probably put the QW in the same boat as the better Virtualcol releases. For $15 you get a decent looking, flyable 757 with several variants included:

• B757-200 Passenger
  • Rolls Royce RB211-535E4B
  • Rolls Royce RB211-535C
  • Pratt & Whitney PW2000 Series
  • B757-200 Special Freighter
  • Rolls Royce RB211-535C
  • B757-200 Package Freighter
  • B757-200 Air Force Variant (C-32A)
  • B757-300 Passenger

All variants are available with and without Winglets.

One caveat is that the "Dispatcher" tool doesn't seem to work in v5 so you'd have to install liveries etc manually.

Edited by Alistair Logie
Removed inaccurate info

22 minutes ago, Alistair Logie said:

I think that's almost certainly true. They never released a v5 version, it's just a v4 version that happens to run OK in v5.

Alistair, that's not correct I would like to point out. Read the specs and you will find they support everything at or above P3Dv4.4 -at least based on what is reported on the Aerosoft website in terms of min requirements. 😉

Verbatim from the Aerosoft website ...... "Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v4.4 or higher"

And at QWs own website for the B757, again the same info: "LM Prepar3D Version 4.4 or higher"

• Like 1

Spoiler

Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge

6 minutes ago, 787flyer said:

Alistair, that's not correct I would like to point out. Read the specs and you will find they support everything at or above P3Dv4.4 -at least based on what is reported on the Aerosoft website in terms of min requirements. 😉

Verbatim from the Aerosoft website ...... "Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v4.4 or higher"

And at QWs own website for the B757, again the same info: "LM Prepar3D Version 4.4 or higher"

Oops. My bad. Apologies to QW.

Edited by Alistair Logie
Extraneous quote
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Alistair Logie said:

Oops. My bad. Apologies to QW.

No problem. Easy to overlook. 😉

• Like 1

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

47 minutes ago, 787flyer said:

They wrote this before P3D5 i guess, since with the 146 it says "Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v4.2 or higher", what may be true until 4.5 but definitely not for v5. On the first view I thought I´m lucky, it works but looking closer revealed some problems. Not really a joy in v5. It may be better for the 757.

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods