Sign in to follow this  
rpowers

How to change ATC "Experimental"

Just installed Milton Shupe's Spartan and I want ATC to call it something besides "Experimental"Went to airlines.cfg and found "Spar".Tried adding line ATC_airline=Spar and I still get "Experimental".I know there is a post somewhere but I can't find it.Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

>Just installed Milton Shupe's Spartan and I want ATC to call>it something besides "Experimental"Went to airlines.cfg and>found "Spar".Tried adding line ATC_airline=Spar and I still>get "Experimental".I know there is a post somewhere but I>can't find it.Thanks,RonExperimental is not the name of the airline you get this if FS doesn't recognize the aircraft type or it's missing from the aircraft.cfg file in the General section. Fore example a Boeing 737-800 would look like this.[General]atc_type=BOEINGatc_model=B738

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Thanks for the response.I went to the Boeing 737 cfg and did not find those entries.I try to compare the fscfgs with what I am trying to do and try to do it the same way.Sometimes it works but not yet for the Spartan.Ron

You wouldn't "hear Spartan" in any case, 'cause it's not part of the "pre-recorded voices" in the sim.You would need to install EditVoicepack in order to add new entries.http://www.editvoicepack.com/

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

...and as Bill was saying, the way to use the present release version of EditVoicePack is to make your mods in the program, then copy the voice file over to fsx. Backup your existing USEnglishBig.gvp file (assuming you have the English language version of FSX) before making any changes.There is a beta-esque version of EditVoicePack for FSX, but I have not messed with it at all yet.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I opened he airlines cfg and used a name "Spar" listed there.Shouldn't that work?Thanks,Ron

>I opened he airlines cfg and used a name "Spar" listed>there.Shouldn't that work?Thanks,RonSince you've tried it, and it didn't work, I should think the answer to your question is rather self-evident! ;)The STOCK airlines.cfg file contains only the following:AirwaveWorld TravelGaiaOrbitSoarLandmarkPacificaGlobal FreightwaysAmerican PacificEmerald Harbor AirFirst of all, this .cfg file exists for one, and only one purpose: to provide the entries for the drop-down "picklist" in the Choose Aircraft menu.You can add a thousand new "names" to the .cfg file and do nothing more than clutter up your picklist with chaff... :-wave That is precisely why Edit Voicepack will generate a new airlines.cfg file so that the only entries in it reflect the actual "voice file entries" that exist in the .gvp (FS voicepack).

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Bill,Thanks for the response.You have helped me on several occasions and I greatly apreciate it.At one point in fs9 I think I used edit voicepack.At present I have several downloaded AC installed and ATC calls them by Delta,Northwest,United etc.I have an airlines.cfg in my aircraft folder that has all the real airlines names.I think I copied this over from FS9.I also copied UT over from FS9 and it is working.So from that I am deducing that I should be able to get one of those names to work with the spartan if I enter the corrct info in the aorcraft.cfg.Am I on the right track here?Thanks for any help.Ron