Sign in to follow this  
flyboy3245

Lear 35 won't load original models and CTD's FMS Expansion

Hello,

I have been having extreme problems trying to get my Lear 35 to install for P3D V5.2 after buying the FMS upgrade pack. P3D V4 works fine. For the original GTN model, It will not show any of the original models in the preview mode when selecting and aircraft, and will not load into the sim with the error message "Failed to startup the flight model". I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it countless times. Deleting the aircraft folder. Trying different panel configurations to include the original GNS and Flight 1 GTN. and uninstalled the immersion package. Nothing is working for the original model. Only the FMS model version will load into the sim. Please help! Thank you!

-Trent Smith

2 hours ago, flyboy3245 said:

Hello,

I have been having extreme problems trying to get my Lear 35 to install for P3D V5.2 after buying the FMS upgrade pack. P3D V4 works fine. For the original GTN model, It will not show any of the original models in the preview mode when selecting and aircraft, and will not load into the sim with the error message "Failed to startup the flight model". I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it countless times. Deleting the aircraft folder. Trying different panel configurations to include the original GNS and Flight 1 GTN. and uninstalled the immersion package. Nothing is working for the original model. Only the FMS model version will load into the sim. Please help! Thank you!

-Trent Smith

Trent,

If you are using the GTN750 or GTN650, you need the latest RXP versions. Also note that Flight1 has decided NOT to upgrade their GTN750/650s for P3D V5.2 at all. In fact, they no longer sell the GTN series. If you are using the latest RXP GTN versions, then we will need to look further for the problem.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

Hello,

I ended up completely uninstalling and reinstalling P3D V5.2, and then installing the LJ 35 from scratch. It functioned correctly. I then installed the RXP GTN 750 and it worked correctly. I then installed the REX WX Advantage radar and it immediately CTD'd. After further research on the REX WX Radar CTD, it is not currently compatible with P3D V5.2. After uninstalling REX Radar and reinstalling the LJ 35 with dummy radar, it works as advertised. I hope that can help the next person having problems.

Thanks,
Trent 

9 hours ago, flyboy3245 said:

Hello,

I ended up completely uninstalling and reinstalling P3D V5.2, and then installing the LJ 35 from scratch. It functioned correctly. I then installed the RXP GTN 750 and it worked correctly. I then installed the REX WX Advantage radar and it immediately CTD'd. After further research on the REX WX Radar CTD, it is not currently compatible with P3D V5.2. After uninstalling REX Radar and reinstalling the LJ 35 with dummy radar, it works as advertised. I hope that can help the next person having problems.

Thanks,
Trent 

Yes, Milviz has been working on an update for the WX radar for P3Dv5.2, but has run into some issues with the API provided by Lockheed Martin. See the last couple of pages of this thread: 

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/602089-milviz-weather-radar/page/5/

Al