Sign in to follow this  
Ramón Cutanda

Questions about how to fill the tanks

Hi,

Two questions regarding the filling of the tanks I have been unable to find out:

1. Step 24 in the Engineer's starting and warming up checklist says: "Check wing tanks - half full". I also remember reading that check in other places. However, my question is: should the wing tanks be filled at EXACTLY "half full" or can it be interpreted AT LEAST half full?

2. When using less than half of the hydro stabilizer tank, or when not using them in full, which part should be filled (or be filled first), the inboard or outboard?

Thanks!

Edited by Ramón Cutanda

Ramón Cutanda

http://ramoncutanda.com

1. Around half-full! 😄 They should be kept at approximately half-full until the hydrostab tanks have been emptied.

2. I believe they were filled to approximately the same to retain balance. This is what is implied by the FOM, but as in so many things, it is never explicitly stated.

• Like 1