Sign in to follow this  
bloxboy

How do I get back my AI & RT traffic ??

Yea, since SU5 I have not seen any AI or any real time live traffic (even at big airports). Everything is enabled in the UI, the only thing I do see is static parked traffic. I know some have this problem, but most don't. Is it something that has changed in a config file somewhere and maybe needs re-enabling, or is it yet another Asobo fix we are waiting for.?

John. 

you have live traffic with live models? crj? embraer? 757? 318?

you are lucky.

here, on my pc, only neos. 

🙂

(its joke, of course ai engine works very bad)

but soon this problem will finish.

:)

Bloxboy,

I do not have this problem. My settings:-

General Options/Traffic/Aircraft traffic type .... real-time-online   Please note that this is set in both, PC and VR settings. I hope these settings will help you out

I have quite a bit of static traffic but not much, if any, movement of aircraft. Also, all those aircraft are generic paints. I have yet to see a QANTAS, Jetstar, Air North nor any aircraft I would expect at an Australian airport.

Guys,

Is there anyway that I can get to see Australian (plus some expected international) Liveries or is this something we are to expect in the near or far future.

Regards

Tony

P.S.  I only fly in Australia, New Guinea, New Zealand and Indonesia, and always in VR

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

1 hour ago, himmelhorse said:

Is there anyway that I can get to see Australian (plus some expected international) Liveries or is this something we are to expect in the near or far future.

I asked this last week (there's a thread about it a few pages back...) The answer was to switch "use generic planes for AI" to OFF. The sim will then use any plane and livery, both in official and community folders, that have been configured to be allowed to be used as AI planes or liveries.

...jim

• Like 1

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

Jim,

Thanks for your help mate.

I did as you suggest and got rid of all except one static aircraft. However, I have gone back about 20 pages in the forum but cannot locate the topic you mentioned. Could you possibly give me a link to that thread or tell me how to locate the configuration process please.

Regards

Tony 

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Here's the thread I started: 

The sim will still use the liveries/planes from the "official" folder, as long as they are designated as available for AI, including static (non-moving). If you do not want to see any of those, you will have to modify the aircraft.cfg file for each of them. Which can open up a whole other can of worms, particularly when doing an update, as they are "core" sim files.

If you are feeling adventurous, the line in aircraft.cfg that needs to be changed is: "isAirTraffic = 0 ; Is the plane usable for air traffic". Set to 0, it is not used. Set to 1 it is used. You can find the aircraft.cfg file in the airplane or livery folder path "SimObjects\Airplanes\<airplane>". (Some liveries rely on the base airplane for that).

As far as planes/liveries in the Community folder, simply use the Addon Linker to enable only those that you want to see.

...jim

Edited by JimBrown

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

Jim,

Thanks for your reply.  

However, this is not really what I am trying to achieve.  I do have the static aircraft and a reasonable amount of them.  I just can not get any realistic liveries. They are all the "generic" liveries and incredibly unrealistic.  I see people on youtube showing all sorts of different liveries (mostly American) whilst doing their previews, tutorials etc.  I just wonder how they are doing that.

You (and others) are talking about the unrealistic aspect of the A330s and A380s etc whilst, in reality, this is just and unrealistic aspect of an entirely unrealistic Real on Line air traffic presented with this sim.  I would be at least a little bit happy, if I could get some real liveries, even if they were American, British or European , but those "generic" liveries leave me cold. 

I have not heard of anyone, at this time, who are doing a genuine and realistic AI traffic programme. This would have to be a surefire money spinner if it came about.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

Xenosk,

I already have this and the ivao csl(Altitude) download.  I am assuming that I have done something wrong with the previous download and installation, and I have now downloaded both again and I am in the process of reinstalling them both. I also downloaded the Asian Static ai but I notice there are no Australian airports in that pack and have now deleted it.

I will advise.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

OK all,

I now have my aircraft but they are all white (much better than the Generic though)

I also notice that there is very little detail, ie no windows etc on all the aircraft displayed.  

This is a HUGE improvement but I still would like aircraft liveries like QANTAS, Jetstar, Virgin, Tiger Air and Air North etc as well as some international liveries if that is possible.

Regards

Tony 

Tony Chilcott.

12 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

I still would like aircraft liveries like QANTAS, Jetstar, Virgin, Tiger Air and Air North etc as well as some international liveries if that is possible.

Ok, first, do you have liveries for the above airlines installed in your Community folder?

Second, did you turn OFF the "Use generic for AI" in Options -> Traffic?

All I can say is that I did the above two things and I see all sorts of non-generic planes at the airports.

...jim

Jim,

Yes, I do have those liveries.

I did turn it off initially mate, but the programme in flightsim.to (linked by xenonsk) says specifically to turn that "on" and that is what I did after the reinstall of IVAO and that linked programme. 

I shall do the necessary a little later (its 1.00am here at the moment) and advise. Thanks again for your help.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

Sorry, my suggestions are for plain jane MSFS, no add-on (except liveries and aircraft).

...jim