Sign in to follow this  
WestAir

Fenix Sim Pneumatic System

Fresh off the press.

• Like 13

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Truly impressive work!

One of the comments on YT really did my day (well, actually my night).
Here it is:

"Sorry, I'm really sorry but this is utter s.h.i.t. I've flown the real A320 for the best part of 47 years, and this is NOTHING like the real thing. NOTHING. Firstly, the pneumatics on all airbuses are powered by air, not hydraulics, and the left side is fully disunionised from the right side in order to keep both engines operating simultaneously. Secondly, the reason we have air pressure in the pneumatics system is because of forward airspeed, it correlates directly with knots to PSI, so 250 knots = 250PSI of pneumatic pressure in the hydraulics system. Now, the bit you guys have clearly failed to research is the RAM. On the real thing, the RAM is only used in the event of a total power loss, and there is ONLY ONE on the entire aircraft, you have put two in there and they don't even look like the real RAM. Whilst I admit in my age I might be misremembering some aspects of the aircraft, I am certain that just like the DC-10, the A320 had multiple friozone control for the PACKS and outboard transliteration valves, I didn't see this mentioned anywhere in the video? I really hope all these systems are just placeholder for now, as 6900 hours on the real thing is telling me you've got this all wrong. - Liam Sterling, A320 Training Captain.

Update: I just checked my logbook, I was indeed mistaken, I fly the MD-11, not the A320. Apologies everyone."

Liam Sterling, you made me choke laughing, thank you!
😄

Edited by David Roch
  • Like 18

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

18 minutes ago, David Roch said:

........ I am certain that just like the DC-10, the A320 ...........

At this point I started wondering if everything was right :-))))

A.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, David Roch said:

Truly impressive work!

One of the comments on YT really did my day (well, actually my night).
Here it is:

"Sorry, I'm really sorry but this is utter s.h.i.t. I've flown the real A320 for the best part of 47 years, and this is NOTHING like the real thing. NOTHING. Firstly, the pneumatics on all airbuses are powered by air, not hydraulics, and the left side is fully disunionised from the right side in order to keep both engines operating simultaneously. Secondly, the reason we have air pressure in the pneumatics system is because of forward airspeed, it correlates directly with knots to PSI, so 250 knots = 250PSI of pneumatic pressure in the hydraulics system. Now, the bit you guys have clearly failed to research is the RAM. On the real thing, the RAM is only used in the event of a total power loss, and there is ONLY ONE on the entire aircraft, you have put two in there and they don't even look like the real RAM. Whilst I admit in my age I might be misremembering some aspects of the aircraft, I am certain that just like the DC-10, the A320 had multiple friozone control for the PACKS and outboard transliteration valves, I didn't see this mentioned anywhere in the video? I really hope all these systems are just placeholder for now, as 6900 hours on the real thing is telling me you've got this all wrong. - Liam Sterling, A320 Training Captain.

Update: I just checked my logbook, I was indeed mistaken, I fly the MD-11, not the A320. Apologies everyone."

Liam Sterling, you made me choke laughing, thank you!
😄

Most people won't read past the first few sentences and think the entire wall of text is real....can't say it's funny.

Hell even I thought it was real until I squinted and saw the "update I fly the MD-11".

• Like 1

Wow the attention to the little details when the vents open and close because of the skin temperature. Really a truly awesome work! 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

I watch this video and still wonder, why my wife isn't as enthusiastic as I am.

Anyone an idea???

🤔

• Like 5

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One thing that has always bothered me is the temperature, pressures, and engine instrument readings always showing the exact same readings per each side.  There will always be some variance between the two sides.

• Like 1

Matt Wilson

Just now, mpw8679 said:

One thing that has always bothered me is the temperature, pressures, and engine instrument readings always showing the exact same readings per each side.  There will always be some variance between the two sides.

It's mentioned in the description of the video.

"As a note: Deep Engine Simulation is not implemented in this build - hence there is no difference in ENG 1 and ENG 2 - this is planned for later."

• Like 4

Aamir Thacker

1 minute ago, Aamir said:

It's mentioned in the description of the video.

"As a note: Deep Engine Simulation is not implemented in this build - hence there is no difference in ENG 1 and ENG 2 - this is planned for later."

My apologies I did miss that.  

Matt Wilson

Just now, mpw8679 said:

My apologies I did miss that.  

Don't worry about it, doesn't help YouTube hides that bit! 

• Upvote 1

Aamir Thacker

9 hours ago, guenseli said:

Anyone an idea???

🤔

Wrong wife?

• Like 2

So... just a tad above the default A320 then?? 🤣🤣

• Like 1

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

The attention to detail is very impressive, this aircraft will keep us busy for a while.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

13 hours ago, guenseli said:

Anyone an idea???

🤔

because your credit card is with her. 😄

• Like 1

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |