Sign in to follow this  
Guest abulaafia

Missing Airports - please append

Guest abulaafia

Please post the codes of airports you found missing in FSX - this list can be useful for developers and a comprehensive feedback for MS.I'll start with the biggest one missing yet: VTBS

VTBS is not 'missing' in FSX because it was not an airport when FSX was created.FSX is the aviation world as it existed in April 2005.FlightSim always has been and always will be a 'slice of time' product.We have the ability to make some updates and there are some people who do the work to bridge the gaps. But we can never really update FS to the current world.

Guest abulaafia

My post is not a criticism of FSX - I am very well aware that we will always be running behind reality. VTBS is still missing, because it's not there. :-). I simply wanted to help make a list of missing airports in part for myself to start doing airport bgls. Enough chit-chat, back to me bgls. ==Marten:Weber==P-D920 3.3MHz 2GB RAM WinXP ATI X1900+1024MB 2xSATA250 2xVIEWSONIC 19"author of http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...misc&DLID=97317screens on http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r45/abulaafia/

KATL - Rwy 10/28 not modeled - katl_ils_fsx.zip in the Avsim Library adds the runway and approachesKBOS - Rwy 14/32 not modeledKMSP - Rwy 17/35 not modeled - msp.zip in the Avsim Library adds the runway and approachesI have tested and use the KATL file. I have not tested the KMSP file.

KSTL - Rwy 11/29 not modeled - fsx_kstl_v1.zip in the Avsim Library adds the runway but no approaches

Guest semm

I am using FSX and VTBS is not missing in my copy all you have to do is open FSX go Thailand then select Bangkok and it will give you a choice between VTBD and VTBS

At the rate VTBS is going, you won't have to worry about including it in FSX, and you'll have to edit your traffic to get rid of it.scott s..

Technically, that is correct. However, my KSTL does have 11/29 correct-to-world ILS.The approaches themselves did not make it into this rel version. Pilots using GPS to see approach data will not see it re: 11/29.I wanted to get the new runway out as quickly as possible so that people could start using it. AI and user aircraft can very well get vectored right into 11/29, and I feel that is most pertinant for 90% of users.The other 10% can wait until I glean all approach code information that is appropriate.I do not have the definitions of the code reference (CI, CF, and all of that...), which is pay information, to properly program the approaches. I find that to be an interesting thing included in the SDK but yet not really included.Nevertheless, I may attempt to write these approaches still...and guess (educated, as always) as to the meaning of the codes required.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I heard the Thai were having problems with the new airport. I think the military takeover there kind of threw a wrench in the works. Is that what you are referring to?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

There are problems with the VTBS airport - from still plumbing issues in the terminals to taxiways which are being dug up and rebuilt because they are breaking aircraft weights.The current government is blaming the previous government for corruption and cutting corners in the construction. Of course the previous government people are saying everything was great until the current government messed things up.I have no idea which is true. The airport was opened in a hurry.Another major airport construction project in the region - the new RPLL international terminal has been stalled for years - with completing political groups arguing.It appears VTBS is caught in a political battle, so any physical issues will be greatly magnified.

Guest abulaafia

Yes but the airport is not there, is it. Go to VTBS and you are standing in a field of green. Or rather the swamp that was there before. Do you actually have runways and buildings in your version??==Marten:Weber==P-D920 3.3MHz 2GB RAM WinXP ATI X1900+1024MB 2xSATA250 2xVIEWSONIC 19"author of http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?FileName=bbgrfs.zipscreens on http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r45/abulaafia/

Guest semm

It might not be the best picture but this is my VTSB in FSX

Guest abulaafia

that doesn't show anything. can you do birdview pic of the area? I checked again and there is nothing there but swamp in my FSX Deluxe edition. Are you sure you haven't got a scenery there? Which FSX version you got?==Marten:Weber==P-D920 3.3MHz 2GB RAM WinXP ATI X1900+1024MB 2xSATA250 2xVIEWSONIC 19"author of http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?FileName=bbgrfs.zipscreens on http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r45/abulaafia/

Guest semm

I do beg you pardon, I am using VTSB2006 by SiamAvsim.com for FS9 but works well in FSX Semm