Sign in to follow this  
Silicus

RIP USR waypoints - thanks FBW!

The infamous USR waypoints are no more - at least in the latest FBW A320NX experimental build with custom flight plan manager!

Thank you FBW team!

so... dont use the developmental version?

i7 9700K @ 5Ghz | MoBo Z390 Asus TUF Gaming Plus WiFi | 32gb DDR3200 | RTX 2080 Super | 480Gb SSD | 650W Corsair Gold PSU | 32" MSI Curved Monitor 1440p | G512 Keyboard | G502 Mouse |

TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, TM peddles, TM1600 Hotas

Doug smile.png

If you want the customer flight plan manager, you need to use the experimental version for now.... You can still use the developer version, of course....

• Like 1

Do you have to uninstall the DEV build first or can you just install Experimental?

Eric

MSFS   i7-6700k @ 4.4 GHz, Nvidia GTX 1080ti, 32GB ddr4 RAM, 1TB EVO 850 SSD, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 10

Traditionally i have doen just that to save any errors...easy enough to do...just delete the FBW folder in the Community folder

• Upvote 1

i7 9700K @ 5Ghz | MoBo Z390 Asus TUF Gaming Plus WiFi | 32gb DDR3200 | RTX 2080 Super | 480Gb SSD | 650W Corsair Gold PSU | 32" MSI Curved Monitor 1440p | G512 Keyboard | G502 Mouse |

Doug smile.png

Ah cool! Didnt know that!

Doug smile.png

Posted (edited)

Just did a short flight with the experimental version to test the flight planner....Finally no more approach bug...I was so happy...lol, and the flight was smooth as butter !!!

and yeah no more USR's is a pleasure to see..

Edited by emsss78

Hahahahahahahah!!! 

I finally have crashes. 😜

This version does not like me at all. ✈️

CTD as I climb away from the airport, or as soon as I finish loading.

Just Flight Beta Tester

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ZOTAC GAMING GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti Triple Fan / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 1x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1000GB / 5 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity each / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard

Looking forward to trying Exp. out this weekend. In the current Dev version I stumbled across a bug - when hitting print to print out the METAR I get an instant CTD. On the FBW Discord they say it is a known issue but only affects some people.

The best part is that they update A32NX daily, so she is getting better and better at a rapid rate. Bug today, gone tomorrow.

GregH

System Spec: Core i7 6700K @ 4,7GHz; GTX980Ti, 32GB DDR4 3200; WD Black NVMe; Samsung EVO850 SSD; CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, TrackIR; 1440p

2 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

when hitting print to print out the METAR I get an instant CTD.

I get a garbled Metar

Just Flight Beta Tester

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ZOTAC GAMING GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti Triple Fan / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 1x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1000GB / 5 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity each / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard

Nice but I don't have waypoints listed on my navigation screen.  Waypoints listed in MCDU.

Duane Buck

So happy this has been released to Exp version!  The USR waypoint was really the least of my gripes on the prior system.  It's the STAR's that you cannot get to load correctly due to the Asobo Flightplan "bug".  Just did a nice test flight using a SID (HORTO4) out of KDCA Rwy 01 (worked fantastic)  and an always (in the past) troublesome STAR into KDTW (BONZZ2). No issues with the STAR at all...loaded in as you would expect.  Could never get that one to load in as all waypoints would be wiped out. FBW-nice job on this....

Eric

MSFS   i7-6700k @ 4.4 GHz, Nvidia GTX 1080ti, 32GB ddr4 RAM, 1TB EVO 850 SSD, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 10

VNAV has not been implemented yet, but they are working on it....