Sign in to follow this  
FlyData

co-pilot tries to interpret my words even when muted

When I turn off speech recognition (the red line is through the microphone symbol), and I speak into the mike, my copilot still tries to interpret my speech as commands.  I am using a PTT button and using pilot2atc so I need to be able to talk without initiating commands in MCE.  Any idea why?

Don Polidori

17 hours ago, FlyData said:

When I turn off speech recognition (the red line is through the microphone symbol), and I speak into the mike, my copilot still tries to interpret my speech as commands.  I am using a PTT button and using pilot2atc so I need to be able to talk without initiating commands in MCE.  Any idea why?

Couldn't replicate, neither using the mouse click on mike option or the NumLock Toggle way.

Be aware, for NumLock muting, you need to explicitly enable it in "Advanced options" panel "Numlock Mutes reco" before it becomes effective.

More than happy to listenm to other users if they have the issue. You never know with all those numerous updates.🙂

There is a more effective way to integrate Pilt2Atc with MCE.

Keep the "talk to ATC controllers" feature enabled in MCE and go to <ATC> tab

At the bottom of the panel, click the '+' triangle until you get to <Other ATC>, then click <Apply> and restart MCE.

From then on, when you hold joystick assigned PTT button or DELETE key down, MCE will assume you're talking to some other ATC system (any ATC including Vatsim, VoxAtc, PF3 ATC, etc...) and will suspend all speech reco until button or key is released.

Thanks, I tried the approach you mentioned with the PTT button for ATC and so far I have not had an issue.

Don Polidori

OK, now this is weird.  Since I made this change, a dialogue box shows up when I execute MCE for me to select a flight plan.  ?  If I close the box, it just pops back open.  If I select a flight plan it will stay closed but now I'm getting CTD's mid-flight.  This is the only thing I've changed other than changing the voice for co-pilot to the microsoft voice instead of Travis.  I am using the same voice for pilot2atc as MCE so that the co-pilot sounds the same.  Would that cause an issue?

Don Polidori

I uninstalled and re-installed and I haven't seen the flight plan dialogue box pop up.  Not sure what that was about.  But I haven't had a chance to take a flight yet to see if all is fixed.

Don Polidori

On 8/22/2021 at 9:31 PM, FlyData said:

OK, now this is weird.  Since I made this change, a dialogue box shows up when I execute MCE for me to select a flight plan.  ?  If I close the box, it just pops back open.  If I select a flight plan it will stay closed but now I'm getting CTD's mid-flight.  This is the only thing I've changed other than changing the voice for co-pilot to the microsoft voice instead of Travis.  I am using the same voice for pilot2atc as MCE so that the co-pilot sounds the same.  Would that cause an issue?

Hi, I use Pilot2ATC with MCE and a TTS voice. Like you said, to have same voice as FO and talking on P2ATC. Also with the PTT enabled as the fire button on a Thrustmaster 320 Airbus stick. With the advice from Gerald you should be fine.

MSFs introduce many changes with each update. This always causes me issues. Add ons suddenly don't work as before. Thankfully MCE is pretty robust.

Be aware that I see an issue with MSFS and P2ATC with MSFS now interfering with the Com 1 channel in the aircraft and the P2atc program. MSFs tries to inject the native ATC com Freq. I now must use Com 2 to stop MSFS from messing about with the freqs.

Regards.

David

Thanks David for the input on the voices.  However, I am getting the dialogue box popping open again to load a flight plan file.  And it just keeps popping up when I close it.  Does anyone know why MCE would open that while loading?  It started after I set it up for the button to contact ATC, so not sure if it expects a flight plan because I am using ATC now.  Wondering if it has something to do with UAC as I am running MSFS through Steam, and steam specifically doesn't want to run as administrator.  I can set the Flightsimulator.exe file to run as admin, but I have tried that and it doesn't affect this issue.  And I am not sure that is a good idea anyway as MSFS isn't set up that way.  I have MCE installed in the "program files (x86)" folder which is the default when I run the installer.  MSFS is on a different SSD than MCE.  Any advice on how to set up UAC for MSFS steam would be appreciated.

Don Polidori

2 hours ago, FlyData said:

Thanks David for the input on the voices.  However, I am getting the dialogue box popping open again to load a flight plan file.  And it just keeps popping up when I close it.  Does anyone know why MCE would open that while loading?  It started after I set it up for the button to contact ATC, so not sure if it expects a flight plan because I am using ATC now.  Wondering if it has something to do with UAC as I am running MSFS through Steam, and steam specifically doesn't want to run as administrator.  I can set the Flightsimulator.exe file to run as admin, but I have tried that and it doesn't affect this issue.  And I am not sure that is a good idea anyway as MSFS isn't set up that way.  I have MCE installed in the "program files (x86)" folder which is the default when I run the installer.  MSFS is on a different SSD than MCE.  Any advice on how to set up UAC for MSFS steam would be appreciated.

No need to fiddle with UAC when MCE is installed to default path as you did. We recommend keeping UAC at default 2 notches up the slider.

Nor do you need to run Steam or MSFS as administrator.

I am guessing MCE hasn't switched to "other ATC" and you may still be on "native MSFS AtC" in which case MCE would need to know the flight plan.

What are you seeing on the <ATC> tab in MCE use interface? Screenshot would be helpful. Thanks

Here is a screenshot of the ATC tab.  It does say "other ATC active" .  I found an old thread from 2019 where someone said that in P3D they get the request for a flightplan when a plan is loaded in the sim, but does not when there is no flight plan loaded.  That is what is happening to me.  I have started a couple flights only putting the departing airport and gate in the sim and I don't get the pop up asking for a plan, but I do when I have a plan loaded.

gXFv9Ew.jpg

Don Polidori

On 8/25/2021 at 3:19 PM, FlyData said:

Interestingly, perhaps unrelated to your issue, I get the documents window opening, during MCE loading.

The documents folder window keeps being opened during MCE loading. I close it about five times during loading, then when MCE is running it stops opening the docs window?

I load MCE last, after loading the flight plan from Sim Brief, into P2ATC. It's as if MCE is looking for either a checklist folder or something it thinks is in the docs folder? This is with complex Sims....well there only one for me at the moment and that's the CJ4! The checklist is always loaded correctly in MCE. I just keep clicking on the red X close box to close the docs window.

I don't see this behaviour in P3d, so I take it as yet another MSFS "anomaly" (pita)!😄

I really wonder why I persevere with MSFS? Maybe it's a masochistic tendency I have? Or a curiosity to see what else they can break with each update?

Regards.

Ha, yes I am persevering with MSFS as well as it is so nice to look at!  This issue isn't bothering me now as I just don't load the flightplan in the sim as I don't need it with third party ATC.  I have only tried MCE with the Aerosoft CRJ in MSFS so far.

Don Polidori