Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Nice Trees, Leclercq....

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

I emailed LeClerq. That's FSX, not live.He is using the Alpes Nord scenery from FranceVFR.He sent me a bunch of other screenshots...I'm trying to see if he'll let me post them...

I can see that it's not real, but the especially the trees look amazing.Keep the shots coming. Screenshots and videos say so much more than a million words.Pat

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

Ooooh, nice. This is one of the best sceneries I have seen so far.Without being cynical, but that must run at 5fps with that water and the number of trees?

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

One nice thing about the scenery is that it uses photo-realistic textures, but then they put custom Autogen objects on top of the textures...so you get the best of both worlds.They do the same thing for St. Martin and St. Barts.And the trees are phat.

Agreed. However, do the textures of those photo-realistic sceneries change with the seasons?Pat

Guest cseidel

JackDanielsDinker What size textures did you install 512 x 512 or was it less.Chuck

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

I will install 512 tonight.The pics I posted are from the TreeX package and from the author.

How did they get the water that coloration?Is that part of the photograph they used? That can't be waterclass water color. I have never been able to achieve that "slate-gray" water look using any waterclass color.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

Textures maybe?

Guest dom993

Thank you Aime Leclerq !Your trees both added a couple FPS (256x256) and are very nice looking !Thanks again,Dom

It's not any waterclass shade I've seen. It has to be photoscenery, and the water color has to come from their photo.That's how the Portland scenery was done, with it's great water.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB