Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

Who wants an IFR hood??? ACES look...

>>Wouldn't it be great to be able to push a >button and have your outside view turned off? >You would just see your panel, and the?>frame rate would be phenomenal. >Practice IFR flight anytime.>>This is one feature that I really love in FLY 2. >Will microsoft ever adopt it? It is too late >for FS9, but maybe it can be in the service >pack??? Get around the problem of being able to >see the ground when you are supposed to be in >IMC conditions. I set a 100 foot ceiling >1/2 mile vis at KABE as a controller and >people were doing visual aproaches!!!>>Please, please Aces- If you can't fix the clouds >give us an IFR hood! A fix for those who get >low frame rates in clouds. And me, who >sees the airport miles out no matter what >I set the weather to.>I wonder sometimes if the FS9 and FSX that I bought is that much different then what everyone else purchased.In FS9 there are 3 Aircraft with IFR panels. The Cessna 172SP 182S and Mooney Bravo. These are preselect panels through the variations menu and once selected you had to change panels to get back to a lower panel.Well ACES fixed that for us in FSXSome Aircraft have the IFR panel on the fly. If the default plane has a IFR Panel it is usually the Shift 4 key stroke or menu selection through the View / Main Panel which will say IFR panel (if exsit for that model).Once the Panel is in IFR mode there will now be 2 dash panel Icons for returning to either the normal panel mode or the panel landing modeBack to flying my FS9/FSX with a hood thanks to ACES.

Guest allcott

Use the `W` key from the F10 2d panel. Most of the defaults already have a large, outside-view blocking IFR view.Allcott

Thanks AllcottI have been using Shift+4 which comes from the transparent list on the windscreen when using Shift+6."W" worked in the same manner to give me the hood IFR version of the Panel.

A hood is an interesting idea.I could create one the same way I created the smashed glass bird strike effect for my 767 and 747 edition that makes the windshield appear smashed.If someone with some artistic talent is interested in creating a bmp for the hood effect, I'd be happy to play with the idea some more. It probably wouldn't be that hard to do.-Bryan

Guest wyoming

I buy it. There could be slivers of scenery at the edges of the hood.

Guest Shalomar

How about simply black or some cloud color everywhere where you would see outside scenery? That would best simulate flying in a solid overcast; maximise frame rate, and get around the problem that you see the ground when really you should see nothing.Thank you for your interest in making this happen... :-beerchugBest regards, Donald TraillFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.