Sign in to follow this  
Manny

I HATE DISCORD!

You want technical help, quick, from developers, Discord is the best place to post. Sometimes you get an answer in a few minutes. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I have a love hate thing with discord. Get some great and quick pieces of info there.

Negative. I’ve seen servers Go downhill quick and turn into massive spam playgrounds. A few the last few weeks have almost become unreadable. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 minute ago, micstatic said:

I have a love hate thing with discord. Get some great and quick pieces of info there.

Negative. I’ve seen servers Go downhill quick and turn into massive spam playgrounds. A few the last few weeks have almost become unreadable. 

I agree. Unlike forums,. I find it to be a chat room basically.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

You want technical help, quick, from developers, Discord is the best place to post. Sometimes you get an answer in a few minutes. 

this is true.

However,  I almost never want technical help from developers.  I like there to be a world wide web full of searchable technical help having already been provided to others, so that I can perform a Google search and find help without having to bother a developer at all.  having all of this ferreted away behind Discord groups is slowly but surely removing this resource from the world.  I fear that this will lead to discord being a convenient way for devs to provide info and support, but that they will end up having to provide MORE of it since it limits self help.  Yes self help is a double edged sword, because some users aren't really capable of processing the info, and do further harm, but for reasonably adept techie folks, this isn't ideal.

But I don't hate Discord.  It's fantastic for playing tabletop RPG games remotely, and other things as well.  I just prefer forums for tech support.

• Like 2

It all depends on what server you join and for what reason.

I use a program to develop reloads for my rifle. Without the help from the people in this group I might endanger others and myself.

So for me that Discord is of very high value.

I joined the Working Title discord and got answer to my questions rather quickly. Either from other users or the developers.

I dont use it as a place to scan for news or information, I use it to get answers.

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

I would love to use Discord, but other than seeing what others are writing, I am sometimes told "not authorized to message in this item".  Also, I used to be told that I could 'claim thie folder", or something like that.

I there some document toshow how to use this app ?

Dave Hinson

David Hinson

On 5/4/2022 at 6:41 PM, UltimateAntic said:

Why is a thread from 2021 dedicated to complaining about Discord still even up?

Why not?, its not as if its improved.

It seems to be a great way for the semi-literate to communicate by means of memes and gifs Im not at all surprised to read that the creators didn't even know the meaning of the word they used to to name their creation.

Its got a lot of great features and I find it very easy to use, but its format creates a playground for idiots and toxic cliques, the official MSFS Discord being amongst the worst.

I suppose its simply a reflection of the devolution of communication and comprehension in society

• Like 2

It seems it’s the way communication is evolving nowadays. I sound old when saying that (I’m not that old), but my biggest gripe with both discord and twitch chats is that they get spammed so quickly with meaningless chatter. Once in a while something interesting might turn up, but good luck finding it again as in a matter of seconds it’s gone.

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

7 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

It seems it’s the way communication is evolving nowadays. I sound old when saying that (I’m not that old), but my biggest gripe with both discord and twitch chats is that they get spammed so quickly with meaningless chatter. Once in a while something interesting might turn up, but good luck finding it again as in a matter of seconds it’s gone.

Agree 100%, now if only there was some form of forum system where you could group conversations into topics....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Sorry for reviving this thread (or maybe I'm not that sorry). A question actually for those Discord haters (and non-haters I guess): 

Is it possible to get a notification if someone replies to any of my comments? I put a question in at the Fenix #ask-us "channel" yesterday but I've no idea if anyone has replied...

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Sorry for reviving this thread (or maybe I'm not that sorry). A question actually for those Discord haters (and non-haters I guess): 

Is it possible to get a notification if someone replies to any of my comments? I put a question in at the Fenix #ask-us "channel" yesterday but I've no idea if anyone has replied...

If they @ you then you will get a notification

vatsim s3

1133704.png

On 5/17/2022 at 8:25 PM, Blueline308 said:

Discord sucks !

You think we didnt hear you on may 6th???

• Upvote 1

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

1 hour ago, wims80 said:

If they @ you then you will get a notification

Thanks!