Sign in to follow this  
rlaycock

MSFS Market place products support?

Hi

I have 2 products bought through the Marketplace that will not work with the sim (Orbx London and Okavango Delta.  I bought London a long time ago and it was fine until the last update.  Orbx report  they have sent a fix to Microsoft but I see no update available.

Okavango I bought last night beveling it would work

My logic was
It is in the current marketplace for this sim
Why would a vendor sell me a product for their sim that will not work with there sim?

I have since found out there may be a issue with Okavango Delta, so I have requested a refund (however I don't know if Microsoft will give a refund)

As a pensioner on a fixed income I find it disappointing that a company would continue to sell a product developed by a third party that no longer work's with their sim.

Thoughts?

Best wishes
Bob

• Like 1

There are ongoing issues with getting updates in a timely manner for marketplace products.

Often developers can get fixes and updates on external websites weeks or in some cases months before the same update makes it through the process to get the marketplace purchased versions updated.

There is a main forum thread on this issue:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/can-we-get-an-honest-and-open-explantion-about-what-is-going-wrong-with-the-marketplace/444320

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The problems with MSFS are a mile wide and an inch deep. There are so many threads regarding issues and potential solutions, it is making my head spin. I sure hope these are all just growing pains that will be resolved at some point.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

53 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

There are ongoing issues with getting updates in a timely manner for marketplace products.

Often developers can get fixes and updates on external websites weeks or in some cases months before the same update makes it through the process to get the marketplace purchased versions updated.

There is a main forum thread on this issue:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/can-we-get-an-honest-and-open-explantion-about-what-is-going-wrong-with-the-marketplace/444320

Hi

Thanks for the information and the link.  It was informative.

I feel it is extremely disappointing and concerning however, that Microsoft will continue to sell a product even though it was developed by a third party developer,  to customers who bye the product from Microsoft in good faith, to then not be able to use the product.  Microsoft should remove a product from there marketplace if it is found not to work after they release a update for the base sim. 

Imagine if a car manufacture sold an enhancement for a car that did not work with the car!!

What do you think my chances are of getting a refund from Microsoft?

Somehow I do not think my chances are high.

Best wishes

Bob .  

• Like 2

The guarantee from the Market place is most likely similar to " if it breaks in half, you get to keep both halves. "  I am not buying anything from them again. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, rlaycock said:

I bought London a long time ago and it was fine until the last update

I know you say it was working until the last update but is the post-UK & Ireland version still activated? I don't know if you can do that when you've bought through the Marketplace instead of Orbx Central - perhaps that's related to the fix you mentioned.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

5 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Which is one of the reasons why I prefer to buy directly from developers when possible.

Al

• Upvote 1

MS either fixes the delays soon, or developers will eventually shy away from placing their products in the marketplace. I always buy from the developer directly....

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

I agree, Microsoft should remove products from marketplace if it is found not to work, or at least make them greyed out for sale until they working again, I think it is disrespectful to their customers not to do so, therefore I have decided never to shop from the Marketplace again.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

It’s August.

France is on holiday.

When it stops being August France will return to work.

Thats it......

1 hour ago, DD_Arthur said:

It’s August.

France is on holiday.

Thats it......

The market place is handled by Microsoft.

France has nothing to do with it.. People should remember Asobo is a contractor, Microsoft is the owner of the product, and it is who has the upper hand and final decisions.

Regards,

Simbol 

Edited by simbol
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, simbol said:

The market place is handled by Microsoft.

France has nothing to do with it.. People should remember Asobo is a contractor, Microsoft is the owner of the product, and it is who has the upper hand and final decisions.

Regards,

Simbol 

If MS is running the store, I wouldn't hold my breath until support is fixed. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

40 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

If MS is running the store, I wouldn't hold my breath until support is fixed. 

They are. When 3rd party developers apply to be aproved in the Microsoft market store it is all processed by Microsoft.

It is called Microsoft market place for a reason. It is also called Microsoft flight simulator..

S.

1 hour ago, DD_Arthur said:

It’s August.

France is on holiday.

Thats it......

The shop is MS not Asobo.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam