Sign in to follow this  
sightseer

REALIST ROADS IN FSX? Look Again!

Guest JeanLuc_

Roads are not great in your shot, but what I find even more disturbing is the lack of scale-consistency between the textures. It appears the "shopping mall + parking" texture is way too smal compared to the "residential neighbour" texture, or the reverse.This spoils down the advantage of XY mm per pixel precision and I've never really noticed this in FSX before.

Exactly where did you take that image shot?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

>It just look like the roads in FSX are not as realistic as>advertised and I hope there will be a 3rd party guru to clean>up this "realistic" roads and align them as they they ought to>be, based on the realistic ones:>That's what happens when accurate residential roads meet generic textures. It's also a problem in FS9 when using something like UT USA and is the reason I like to switch those roads off.

Don't know if there would be a solution for that.Currently..., Data is taken from a database and then a grey paint is smeared on the data points. Even though the data points maybe accurate, its ugly.When I was using Flight1 Roads (later to become Ultimate terrain), it was very very nice at night. Night lighting was accurate... but during day time, it was ugly.Wish some genius would come up with a good solution.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest ditopilot

>Exactly where did you take that image shot?Somewhere in the west cost of Italy. I may provide the correct name of the location later.dito

Guest ditopilot

If you press "A" three times (I believe) from the exact position of your screenshot, it will switch to an areal view like in my screenshot.dito

Guest ditopilot

How to switch the GENERIC roads off?dito

Guest ditopilot

"Wish some genius would come up with a good solution."How nice it would be!dito

Your screenshot is not default FSX, is it? That looks like doctored scenery.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest ditopilot

>Your screenshot is not default FSX, is it? That looks like>doctored scenery.>>Rhett>>AMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS>A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD>250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian caseIt is DEFAUT? From outside vew press A three times to get the "OUTSIDE VIEW TOP-DOWN."dito

Guest MauiHawk

>It is DEFAUT? From outside vew press A three times to get the>"OUTSIDE VIEW TOP-DOWN."I don't think you understood his question. It looks like you are using 3rd party scenery. Have you installed 3rd party scenery?

It's peobably a function of resolution: with FS9 4.8m resolution misalingment between the vector roads and background urban grid isn't so obvious. Step it up to 1.2m in FSX, and now it is more clear.scott s..

Guest ditopilot

>>It is DEFAUT? From outside vew press A three times to get>the>>"OUTSIDE VIEW TOP-DOWN.">>I don't think you understood his question. It looks like you>are using 3rd party scenery. Have you installed 3rd party>scenery?No, I am NOT using 3rd party scenery.That scenery is DEFAULT.dito