Sign in to follow this  
JYW

1 year in, what's your general view on payware aircraft??

3 minutes ago, Chock said:

please don't try to 'correct me' for writing something which was not incorrect, because that does indeed make you a 'troll', as you call it.

He can't hear you Chock; You're on his ignore list for daring to challenge him. How dare you! 😂

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

I am personally disappointed with the lack of quality payware aircraft available, but i see the issues are mainly to do with the SDK, or the number of problems with it and that it is too restrictive or poor in features.

Sadly, Asobo seem to be busy fixing other bugs and getting the sim working properly and the SDK appears to been given a lower priority.

Without the SDK, it is going to be a long wait for more aircraft, as payware developers will not want to release into the current sim if their product is not working as it should.

I hope this stalemate does not continue for too long as payware companies still have wages to pay and won't wait around forever, they will be forced to find other routes for income.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, WestAir said:

He can't hear you Chock; You're on his ignore list for daring to challenge him. How dare you! 😂

I'm sure I'm on several people's ignore lists to be fair, but I do my best to try and not let it break my heart. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

55 minutes ago, Chock said:

Nope, what I wrote is not incorrect. Read what I actually wrote rather than using it as an excuse to post your rumours. To reiterate, I wrote that PMDG went on record to say that was why they would not be doing that, and this they did indeed do. Now, whether you and some other people think this was not their real reason, is another matter, but that is nevertheless what they stated. So please don't try to 'correct me' for writing something which was not incorrect, because doing that does indeed make you a 'troll', as you call it.

Can you post the claim by pmdg that even after they did the dc-6 they found out that their airliners can't be done for x-plane from a tech perspective? I.e. "the features can't be done in x-plane"?

Edited by mtaxp
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

One does not reasonably expect any B.S. from Chock. He had a mighty big hammer and a small nail which he hits on the head every time. An incredible contributor.

Tony

There is a lot to be said for insight from real experience.....

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

17 minutes ago, mtaxp said:

Can you post the claim by pmdg that even after they did the dc-6 they found out that their airliners can't be done for x-plane?

To be honest, I'd have to search for it, and I'm about to go to work and am currently wolfing down a hasty lunch whilst typing this, so I don't have time and even if I did have I probably couldn't be bothered to lol, but if anyone is inclined to do a search for it, it was RR at PMDG commenting on the PMDG forums when they were hosted on Avsim where he said this. It caused a lot of dismay at the time among XPlane users who had been anticipating the PMDG 747 being ported over to XPlane as a result of the DC-6 being made for it. I'm sure many XPlane users will recall it pretty vividly; you know how much flight simmers hang on everything RR says like he's some kind of oracle.

Of course whether he meant it wasn't possible, or whether he meant it's too much of a pain in the @rse for the expected returns is another matter, but there you go I guess. 🤣

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

1 minute ago, Chock said:

To be honest, I'd have to search for it, and I'm about to go to work, so I don't have time and even if I did have I probably couldn't be bothered to lol, but if anyone is inclined to do a search for it, it was RR at PMDG commenting on the PMDG forums when they were hosted on Avsim where he said this. It caused a lot of dismay at the time among XPlane users who had been anticipating the PMDG 747 being ported over to XPlane as a result of the DC-6 being made for it. I'm sure many XPlane users will recall it pretty vividly.

That highly contradicts their official MSFS entry/ditching x-plane announcement that never mentioned x-plane as a "not ready for pmdg systems" platform rather about time vs profits (makes total sense when MSFS was announced). In fact they already gave dates for porting their fleet to x-plane and it was late 2019/early 2020 but of course MSFS was a more viable option to invest in for obvious reasons so they chose this route.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mtaxp said:

That highly contradicts their official MSFS entry/ditching x-plane announcement that never mentioned x-plane as a "not ready for pmdg systems" platform rather about time vs profits (makes total sense when MSFS was announced). In fact they already gave dates for porting their fleet to x-plane and it was late 2019/early 2020 but of course MSFS was a more viable option to invest in for obvious reasons so they chose this route.

All I'm doing is relating what I read one time which they absolutely wrote on their forum. I have several PMDG add-ons and I like them, but I'm not one of those people who 'worships at the church of PMDG' and thinks everything they say and do is the word of the messiah, so if it contradicts other stuff they said, then I'll take your word for it, but I do recall reading that which I related. 

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

1 minute ago, Chock said:

All I'm doing is relating what I read one time which they absolutely wrote on their forum. I have several PMDG add-ons and I like them, but I'm not one of those people who 'worships at the church of PMDG' and thinks everything they say and do is the word of the messiah, so if it contradicts other stuff they said, then I'll take your word for it, but I do recall reading that which I related. 

Im not saying you are lying but goran was right though...their official reason:

End of Development for Xplane platforms: For some time we have been watching market metrics with the Xplane platform and evaluating our own development schedule in order to find a gap into which we can slide a dedicated Xplane development cycle. As part of our strategic objective to simplify our development agenda, we are pivoting to dedicate all of our development resources to our Prepar3D v4 product lines and to our upcoming Microsoft Flight Simulator product lines. Effective immediately, we are no longer evaluating an Xplane development cycle at any point in the current five year window, nor do we see any active XPlane development time being allocated at PMDG.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Chock said:

Like I said, I have to correct you.  

I don't spread rumours.  You are the one misinforming people.  

I can't believe how defensive you folks are.  

🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

No, not disappointed.

I am not a compulsive buyer. What I buy, I fly for months. I am pretty satisfied with the payware I purchased : DC-6, Flyingiron Spitfire, Milviz Corsair. They delivered what I expected from them.

A long practice of simming makes me steer away from the likes of Aeroplane Haven, Lionheart, Carenado. The forthcoming Skymaster is a good example, I have her in FSX/P3D, I will not buy her in MFS... Enough said. And I am definitely not buying  in the « good enough for the price » category.  I don’t buy aircraft on a quality/price ratio. 

In conclusion, I have payware that already give me tons of fun and I can wait for what I want with the unexpected good surprises that come from time to time (like the L-39 or the An-2 in FSX).

Pretty much how i feel.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

39 minutes ago, GoranM said:

I don't spread rumours.

Really? Must have been another GoranM spreading rumours about Asobo plagiarizing XP's innards.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

4 hours ago, WestAir said:

He can't hear you Chock; You're on his ignore list for daring to challenge him. How dare you!

You're ridiculing someone for blocking another user that they don't see eye to eye with?  I'd say that's the best course of action to take in these circumstances.  Just as the Admin Wk6d stated in the pinned topic on the subject of Ignoring Users in this very forum, there are always some people whose manner we find ascerbic.  The difference between "Oh such-and-such takes no BS, he says it how it is, he's direct, etc, etc" .... and.... "such-and-such is arrogant, cantankerous and plain rude".... is nothing but a matter of outlook and opinion. 

Are we really mocking people for ignoring certain users, in order to aspire to a generally friendly and convivial community?

Edited by JYW
typos - the fingers can't keep up with the mind. When will telepathic posting become a thing?
  • Like 5

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Coming from Fs9 / POSKY/ Project Airbus with the only high end stuff being Level D 767's and dropping completely out of simming by the time fsx rolled  i had no expectations of having high fidelity AC immediately available for use. I was happy enough with just getting my feet wet with the stock A320 and moving up to the FBW when competent enough. Will definitely pick up the Fenix and the PMDG 737 a little bit after release (post reviews and user experience).

My expectation is that it will take a while before these addons are available. Why ? the Sim is still a work in progress with regular updates that change the fundamental aspects of the sim. Developers who try to push stuff out early are contending with this issue by having to push patches or are not able to provide the full feature set that they wanted to provide (eg WxRadar). Until a certain level of stability to the core code is established i can see instances where developers get to 80% to 90% complete and then a good amount of work needs to be updated because some Service Update breaks something. I think some developers are holding back waiting for things to stabilize a bit but in the mean time I'm very content just flying the FBW Bus and Robert Youngs mods and waiting for the core sim to mature and stabilize. I think after some stability is established the developers will feel more confident in pushing stuff out.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders