Sign in to follow this  
Gpan099

FS2Crew & SLC

I am currently using Self Loading Cargo which includes cabin announcements.

Is it possible to use both SLC and FS2Crew together?

Does FS2Crew make SLC not necessary?

Thanks.

FS2Crew is a primarily a dedicated flight crew simulation that tries to be as authentic as possible within the constraints of a desktop computer.

It's about checklists, flows and procedures - the stuff you do in the cockpit.

Self loading cargo does nothing like that.

Self loading cargo seems more like a "fun" type of addon, kind of like the old FSPassengers.

I see no reason why you couldn't use both together at the same time.

If you want to turn off the FS2Crew Cabin PAs, just set the volume slider to 0 for them.

Cheers,

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately I have never used FS2Crew before.

I tried watching the available you tube videos and read some existing reviews, but I am still not completely sure exactly what the new version for FBW enhances in the sim, and how the various features can be customized by the user.

Without a manual to read, or a more in-depth demo trailer its tough to see all the add-on has to offer.

Perhaps a time limited trial version may help unfamiliar users like me decide to pull the trigger on a purchase.

Just my 2 cents... 

4 hours ago, Gpan099 said:

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately I have never used FS2Crew before.

I tried watching the available you tube videos and read some existing reviews, but I am still not completely sure exactly what the new version for FBW enhances in the sim, and how the various features can be customized by the user.

Without a manual to read, or a more in-depth demo trailer its tough to see all the add-on has to offer.

Perhaps a time limited trial version may help unfamiliar users like me decide to pull the trigger on a purchase.

Just my 2 cents... 

On YouTube, there are 100s of FS2Crew videos that'll give you a sense of what it's all about.

We have have a small tutorial here:

But in a word, it's a flight crew simulation.  The First Officer does his procedures, you do your procedures.  You run checklists together.  It's a multi-crew simulation.

I will definitely give that a go.

So far I just tried FS2Crew and their announcements, just to try and get a handle on how it works.

Definitely a bit of a learning curve!

Thanks for your reply.

Hi,

Just came across this SLC software and seems to be quite interesting but was wondering if it will complement FS2Crew, so I googled and reached here. Good to know that SLC complements FS2Crew but I am wondering how to get them to jive and what is the learning curve like? Will Pushback Express complement as well?

If I can get it sorted out, I might pull the trigger as well.... :)

Any advise is much appreciated. Thanks.

5 hours ago, drgnkid said:

Hi,

Just came across this SLC software and seems to be quite interesting but was wondering if it will complement FS2Crew, so I googled and reached here. Good to know that SLC complements FS2Crew but I am wondering how to get them to jive and what is the learning curve like? Will Pushback Express complement as well?

If I can get it sorted out, I might pull the trigger as well.... 🙂

Any advise is much appreciated. Thanks.

FS2Crew and SLC are very different products with different goals.  They're not either/or type programs.

I know many of our users use both at the same time.

Cheers,

17 hours ago, byork said:

FS2Crew and SLC are very different products with different goals.  They're not either/or type programs.

I know many of our users use both at the same time.

Cheers,

Understood and thanks, Bryan.

Now to decide whether to go for PACX or SLC..... 😅

I use both FS2Crew and SLC. They work well together but you might want to turn the volume off on cabin announcements in FS2Crew.

Richard

On 1/12/2022 at 11:18 AM, rwalls said:

I use both FS2Crew and SLC. They work well together but you might want to turn the volume off on cabin announcements in FS2Crew.

Richard

Hi Richard,

I bit the bullet and went ahead with SLC and so far, I have been pretty satisfied.

Adrian

Edited by drgnkid