Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Hey... guys... come now, they're on holidays...

1 hour ago, mjrhealth said:

Thats why I hardly venture here, just the same people spewing the same garbage. Its enough to make anyone puke, And as Goran pointed out and I have many time, MS have investors wonder what will happen when they want there returns. And honestly, if the moderators want any one to come here and get some new life in this forum, they just need to exclude a few posters from this forum, it pretty much like trying to keep a dead body alive,

I 100% agree. I have blocked several of these people but sadly I still see their comments when they are quoted. Because they are trolls they are invariably quoted and seeing the same rubbish spouted time and time again makes visiting  this forum a depressing chore. It’s really time for admin to stem the flow of people leaving by forcing one or two to leave. 

• Upvote 5

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

It is not only 3 developers, they have Jim Keir for ATC/AI upgrades and another one for scenery FMOD (almost sure) working on Xplane12 features as well. Almost sure I also heard another name, Stephane.

So I think the blog or the slack channel are not a good indication.

Frankly I'm totally excited about v12, FMOD and scenery particles will set Xplane's scenery in it's own league of immersion IMO. (Assuming an art assets overhaul as we saw with the trees is happening for auto-gen too).

Edited by akita
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, GoranM said:

Get back to testing MSFS.  God knows it needs it.

Asobo at least has a beta out 😛

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

I think the approach that LR is taking where they are very quiet and heads-down is actually a good thing.

I've seen too many developers participate in online back-and-forths where they overpromise, underdeliver, and argue with users why this-or-that feature is not necessary, or why they can't implement X or Y due to technical constraints, etc.

It's better to just work and then show the results at the end.  Then the buyers can determine if all that work actually hits the mark.

• Upvote 1

@devgrpand @GoranM, I strongly suggest you each add the other person to your ignore list. You’re causing a lot of work for the mods and adding nothing to the conversation. Even suggesting someone is pirating software without any evidence is extremely rude.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

What I would like to see is one knock out unique feature. Oh I don't know..real seasons? Flowing rivers and waterfalls? Herds of Wildebeest sweeping majestically over the plains? Or more realistically fencing. Not just at airports but everywhere.

11 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

What I would like to see is one knock out unique feature. Oh I don't know..real seasons? Flowing rivers and waterfalls? Herds of Wildebeest sweeping majestically over the plains? Or more realistically fencing. Not just at airports but everywhere.

Gimmicks are fun - for about 30 minutes.

AutoATC Developer

1 hour ago, mSparks said:

Define a gimmick? Cabin seating? Movable arm rests? Opening windows?

Edited by jarmstro

28 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Define a gimmick? Cabin seating? Movable arm rests? Opening windows?

An Austin bobblehead in the C172 cockpit :biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Define a gimmick?

Valid question, google define says

noun

1. 1.
    a trick or device intended to attract attention, publicity, or trade.
    "it is not so much a programme to improve services as a gimmick to gain votes"

Doesn't really capture what I was thinking, which was "that sounds like it will get boring very quickly".

Which I also take back, because chasing rabbits around the field in the R44 is almost the most fun I have ever had in a helicopter.

On a totally unrelated note, is there anyone around that could make me an animated rabbit .obj?

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

30 minutes ago, tonywob said:

An Austin bobblehead in the C172 cockpit :biggrin:

That is not a gimmick, that is a necessity.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mSparks said:

Terminal building internal details, as for cabin seating etc how many time in a flights in would one ever go into the back of the plane, or view the cargo load, if there is a door between you and the cabin, that should be where the detail ends, but now we have lifting toilet seats, what a waste of time and effort.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, yidahoo said:

I 100% agree. I have blocked several of these people but sadly I still see their comments when they are quoted. Because they are trolls they are invariably quoted and seeing the same rubbish spouted time and time again makes visiting  this forum a depressing chore. It’s really time for admin to stem the flow of people leaving by forcing one or two to leave. 

Blocking people is a waste of time because all the new users get to view there drivel. I have never blocked anyone, it is childish, no matter how irritating they are. I though that was the MODs job.

6 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

Blocking people is a waste of time because all the new users get to view there drivel. I have never blocked anyone, it is childish, no matter how irritating they are. I though that was the MODs job.

So did I. However the sad fact is that at the moment, pretty much every decent X-Plane post is getting derailed by these trolls and eventually closed down. It's not a one off, its a constant trend. We all know who the perpetrators are, the mods know who the perpetrators are and yet they are still allowed to continue. I get a little trolling some of the time in any group, it happens. But here, it's constant, unimaginative, repetitive and downright annoying. 
As for childish blocking people, that's your opinion, I would rather not see these trolls comments, and would definitely not want them to see my comments. 

• Upvote 2

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

13 hours ago, mSparks said:

I'm still seeing people driving in their cars (by themselves) wearing masks!

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar