Sign in to follow this  
ckyliu

First time VR blew my mind

On 8/24/2021 at 12:04 AM, johnnycaptain said:

As others echoed, the readability seems to be worst in MSFS than in XPlane 11. If you also give Xplane a go, I think you will also enjoy using the hand controllers as your own hands. You can reach up and flick any switches as you do in the real cockpit, twist speed/altitude knobs with your hands and feel the tactile feedback vibration from each click, instead of using a mouse and keyboard, and also walk around inside the aircraft and the outside of an aircraft / walk on the airport apron or anywhere in the world. Cant wait till MSFS supports hand controllers as well later in the year, great time to be a simmer, we really have two fantastic sims in our hands. 

I never understood how do you manage to fly a plane with your joystick if you have your hands on the motion controlers.

13 hours ago, Noooch said:

I never understood how do you manage to fly a plane with your joystick if you have your hands on the motion controlers.

Use valve index controllers so your fingers are free to use.

I fly with a yoke and as I was taught in flight school you only need finger tips to fly a plane.

VR Flight Simulator Dual Boot Machine
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS 64 Bit Windows 11 Pro X-Plane 11.55r2 & 12.05b1 - LIAN LI LANCOOL III MESH PERFORMANCE BLACK Case - ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1700 - Intel Core i9-13900K @ 5.0 GHz - CORSAIR iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT - 64G DDR5 6400 Ram -ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC - Driver Version 546.01 - Dell U3415W  34" Curve 
Fulcrum One Yoke    MFG Crosswind Pedals   Bigscreen Beyond with Valve Index controllers on Windows  and trying on Linux   Vive Pro 2 with Index controllers on Windows    Pimax 8KX with Index controllers on Windows         Valve Index kit on Windows and Linux