Sign in to follow this  
El Diablito

FS2Crew FBW Question

Hello guys, this is my first post and I have a simple question that needs answering, I can't seem to figure it out by myself.

Ok first off, the new FS2Crew FBW software is excellent, I've learned so much about checks & procedures since downloading so I'm very grateful, thanks.

My question is this - Is there a way to mute my mic in between talking to the co-pilot and talking on my stream? Once I finish communicating with the FO and I want to talk to my friends, I want to do it without the FO taking commands. This would improve my experience even more. There's prob a very simple solution but I can't find it! I have a mute button on my headset but its a hardmute, meaning if I use it then nobody can hear me.

Thanks in advance, guys. Happy Flying!

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

Your other topic was removed.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

38 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Your other topic was removed.

Yes, this topic was not listed in the correct forum.

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

45 minutes ago, El Diablito said:

Hello guys, this is my first post and I have a simple question that needs answering, I can't seem to figure it out by myself.

Ok first off, the new FS2Crew FBW software is excellent, I've learned so much about checks & procedures since downloading so I'm very grateful, thanks.

My question is this - Is there a way to mute my mic in between talking to the co-pilot and talking on my stream? Once I finish communicating with the FO and I want to talk to my friends, I want to do it without the FO taking commands. This would improve my experience even more. There's prob a very simple solution but I can't find it! I have a mute button on my headset but its a hardmute, meaning if I use it then nobody can hear me.

Thanks in advance, guys. Happy Flying!

I could have helped you but i only use my button version.

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

No sweat, I do appreciate the help regardless.

I tried setting a hotkey for PTT but this doesn't seem to work either as the FO hears my voice whether or not I'm pushing the hotkey.

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

Which hot key did you use?

When the hotkey is pressed, the mic icon will turn red.

Is that what you're seeing?

If no hotkey selected, then you will be operating in open mic mode.

We're going to try to bringing back soft mute for V1.1 for people who use open mic mode, but there are joystick button issue to deal with for people who don't use FSUIPC.

6 minutes ago, byork said:

Which hot key did you use?

When the hotkey is pressed, the mic icon will turn red.

Is that what you're seeing?

If no hotkey selected, then you will be operating in open mic mode.

We're going to try to bringing back soft mute for V1.1 for people who use open mic mode, but there are joystick button issue to deal with for people who don't use FSUIPC.

So I set V as the hotkey, when I push it it turns red and the FO hears my voice command when I talk but when the hotkey isn't pushed the FO still hears my voice so it seems there's no way for me to communicate with viewers without the FO saying 'Check' everytime I talk. Unless I'm misunderstanding the use of PTT?

Sorry for butting in, but continuing what El Diablito says, I've noticed that using PTT (I have 'M' bound) my mic stays hot after depressing the key and my mic/FO picks up everything I say for 3-5 seconds after depressing the PTT key, 

I appreciate the hardwork and effort, byork. Much obliged.