Sign in to follow this  
Ramón Cutanda

Bugs I have found in R1.1g, V1.20 and P3Dv5

Urgh. Yes, the lights are set onto the fins, so it looks like I'll need to produce a separate set just for the single-fin prototype.

Mooring buoys are already fixed in the -A version.

The delay in releasing the -A version is being caused by a possible bug in the 3DS Max SDK which appears to be preventing the export of one part correctly.

15 hours ago, YoYo said:

- I cant use in this version parking brake, it does not work, buoy doesnt show up ("Ctrl+.").

Hi Dai,

about this - yes its an issue, but I noticed Today that buoy is present on external view only, but not from pilots (VC) view (when "parking brake" was used a second time). 

btw. dont rush 😉 Im back to P3D and Your Clipper so I'll check many things again. I see a lot of positive changes anyway and you can finally start the engine from inside the plane 👍.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Dai, do you want to have the new inside textures for P3Dv5 (not too darker like default, also the floor is darker than the rest etc)? I fixed this:

4TRNTNh.jpg 

xnbGH9j.jpg

DC7ZU3Q.jpg

vGUOLaq.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Hi Yoyo,

I am not Dai,  but would very much to get them 🙂

Gérard

• Like 1

I had intended to create a set of as-new textures, but it will be a private project and not part of the official release.

Edited by dragonflightdesign
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, gaab said:

Hi Yoyo,

I am not Dai,  but would very much to get them 🙂

Gérard

Ok, few tweaks and I'll uploud it on SOH, maybe this weekend.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

About bugs, I didnt noticed now more issues ;). Looks ok for me however I noticed this:

- sometimes the engine instruments do not work from the beginning, the rest works ok but I noticed a problem with enigne's instruments (RPM, mainfold pressure, temperatures etc), they show 0 (dynamotor on)

- loss of power from the very beginning. I can fly only with 80-70 mph (aircraft is near empty), I can't get faster, I'm on the border of the stall in this situation, cant climb

>>> the solution is to restart of the whole P3Dv5.3 so perhaps something is colliding internally and the settings are getting mixed up 🤤.

- the animation of the rotating propellers from inside the cockpit (VC view) could be better, it looks like animation glitch (loop? the moment of the start and end of the animation is visible, it is not smooth), small issue.

- the compass (in front of the pilot) also has a jam in the animation, at some point it jumps and returns to the previous position

Does it possible connect physically the Mixture control lever as well? I can operate it in VC but I see the physically mixture works too but no animation in the model, does not move simply.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

- I also noticed something strange when flying for a long time, it happened to me 3-4 times that after some time (40 minutes or more) the FPS dropped significantly, as if the simulator was collecting and receiving too much data and was clogging up. It's definitely not a GPU problem as it kept showing me VRAM = 4-5 (I didnt notice it with other my addons), no more. P3D clearly slowed down to 5-6 FPS, which made it impossible to fly. Like a data leak (or too many data which accumulate and are not removed, this looks like a jamming of your bandwidth)? It's hard to say about the reason, but it's kind of a technical problem.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

The fps problem is internal to the sim. It's not just the Clipper - other users with default aircraft on long-ish flights have noticed it too. I've seen a bug report on the LM forums.

There was a problem with the mixture levers - already fixed.

Whiskey compass - that's the only problem report I#ve seen. I'll see if I can reproduce.

50 minutes ago, dragonflightdesign said:

Whiskey compass - that's the only problem report I#ve seen. I'll see if I can reproduce.

This FPS issue occurs rarely, possibly it is a matter of overloading the simulator data. Fortunately, this is rare.

About compass it was reported here in few posts. If you need it and you didn't notice (keep going straight for a while) I can create video for you.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

One request (is it possible), can you add the same color of smoke from engine. Now, randomly, the one is a white or grey and the rest are black. Sometimes it looks strange 😊.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Another thing, Can You fix Yankee Clipper texture - b314_m_A? Its an issue with silver color. Parts od engine, frames of canopy and floats (top part) on the sides have wrong, too dark silver hue. I checked and see diferences on this texture with the rest, I always wondered about it, but now I decided to write 😉. I never saw the Clipper with near black this parts. Check this:

bMnCjAE.jpg

9KT60U5.jpg

The color it should be in the same shade as the rest of fuselage:

zIxiBHj.jpg

XpRMije.jpg

Thx Dai!

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

It's already fixed... 😄 The metallic sheet (_m.dds texture) was wrong.

The smoke colour is supposed to be random. Light grey is caused by oil pooling in the cylinders or excess oil burn and dark grey is excess fuel being burned off. The Wright Cyclone was not oil-tight and was heavy on fuel.

Not as bad as the Rolls-Royce Merlin mind. That one really was effectively fuel-cooled.

-Dai

Edited by dragonflightdesign
  • Like 1

Thanks! :smile:

Yoyosimsbanner.gif