Sign in to follow this  
xoddahs

Reality XP update removed airports from Garmin 430/530

I have just acquired the Reality XP GTN 750 and the GNS 530+430 for P3D. I have no problems with the GTN 750, but the GNS 530/430 seem to be missing departure procedures for multiple airports. For example, I am trying to practice IFR ops out of my home airport, KRAL, and the GNS 530/430 does not have the RIV2 departure. I can select this procedure in the GTN 750. Unfortunately, only the 530/430 are supported for the main airplane I use (A2A C182) and I can't select my desired departures. Anyone else have this issue?

• Like 1

@Schwokol I've moved your post into the relevant topic. Please make sure to follow the recommended posts at the top to get started.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

On 2/22/2022 at 5:55 PM, Schwokol said:

I have just acquired the Reality XP GTN 750 and the GNS 530+430 for P3D. I have no problems with the GTN 750, but the GNS 530/430 seem to be missing departure procedures for multiple airports. For example, I am trying to practice IFR ops out of my home airport, KRAL, and the GNS 530/430 does not have the RIV2 departure. I can select this procedure in the GTN 750. Unfortunately, only the 530/430 are supported for the main airplane I use (A2A C182) and I can't select my desired departures. Anyone else have this issue?

Just seeing this... Two things..you can install the GTN into the a2a 182.. select the F1 GTN and replace it, using the rxp dropdown app.  secondly, send me a PM for newer GNS navdata.. that may also work..

• Like 1

Bert

On 9/9/2021 at 9:43 PM, RXP said:

Can anyone give me some examples of missing airports?

Also, by default it uses the WW DB 006-d0170-00.bin, but if you're in the US, what about editing the environment variable and use instead:

C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\Common\GnsTrainer\dbfiles\006-d0170-30.bin

for example Austria, all airports except the towered ones LOWW, LOWL, LOWS, LOWI and LOWG. My home airport LOAN is gone, same problems effects all untowered airports in Europe. Airport loss happened after updating...

I was so stupid and updated the database for my GNS530/430 from the plug-in and the new database obviously does no longer include untowered small airports in Europe, making the whole thing useless as I am flying mostly VFR. Any attempt to roll back failed, copy7paste from previous saved working copies failed like to run the original installer with the old database.

Can anyone help me please, my sim is a procedure trainer for my real flight activities....

finally I was able to follow a recommendation of a forum member here and it worked, BUT:

Is there any reason, why the installation of RealityXP is spread all over the main drive ?? There are installations on ../ProgramData/RealityXP/.., /Programs/RealityXP/..., on the main directory C:/RealityXP/..., inside .../X-Plane 11/RealityXP/... and the plugin at ../X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/.... plus the position files of the masks of GNS530 and 430 inside the airplane folder ???
The database responsible for the loss of all smaller airports can be found under ../ProgramData/RealityXP/..

Best Greetings

Albert Welledits