Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

Gamescom 2021 Teasers

Well, honestly, if you pause the vid when the Chateau Chillon is shown, those mountains down the Wallis look terrible. Hope that the vid was not taken with the novel elevation data... Matterhorn in contrast looks way better than now (without addon). 

Ju-52 will be an instabuy for me. Would have preferred a DC-3, but for 15$ it is a no-brainer.

• Like 3

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

47 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Neuman, with his profound insights of what flight simulation should be, is already busy preparing the Gamescom 2022. The main feature will be a reboot of Crimson Skies taking place in MSFS. Pirates in the skies ! Can’t wait ! We need to have the 5 to 9 year-old kids coming to the sim.

I want a Forza Flight 2020, I wanna mow down trees with the propeller of my Cessna 🙂

• Like 5

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

I think some people have forgotten that they wanted to cater for both type of users. Hell, even as someone who uses it as a simulator more than a game is looking forward to the air races expansion. That could be quite fun to play with friends and others. Not everything has to be serious all the time. This whole debate about game vs simulator is simply pointless and boring. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Honestly, personally I am not  interested in these expansions (maybe with the exception of the Ju-52). However, I understand this is broadening the user base thus furthering influx of fresh money and ensuring prospering of the sim and in this way I will benefit from it, too.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 9

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

12 hours ago, iFlySimX said:

This is great but please fix the game first....

Yes,Yes, please get your priorities right first Asobo, take a look at your bugs list and wish list. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bloxboy said:

Yes,Yes, please get your priorities right first Asobo, take a look at your bugs list and wish list. 

Waiting for the :-

“but but but they’ve got different teams on different tasks” brigade…. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

How can someone be so cynical.

They also fixed issues in the last 2 hotfixes.

Because the cynicism is bred having watched the last several updates. A lot of the times it’s 2 steps forwards and 3 steps backwards. One becomes a cynic when things like that happen. Just because you’re ok with it all, doesn’t mean everyone else is or has to be. 

• Like 6

12 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

I'd settle for them fixing the things broken in the last update.

+1

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

I think some people have forgotten that they wanted to cater for both type of users. Hell, even as someone who uses it as a simulator more than a game is looking forward to the air races expansion. That could be quite fun to play with friends and others. Not everything has to be serious all the time. This whole debate about game vs simulator is simply pointless and boring. 

I don't think that anybody is against having gamey addons. I am not specially looking forward to them but I really don't care. If people have fun with them, all the better.

The point is that this sim was released in an unfinished state, that there are several basic features which need urgent attention to be completed after a year, that we have seen some degradation of the graphics (morphing, overexposure, ) to be corrected and that we would welcome a credible commitment to solve these issues. Anybody running a project knows that there are choices to be made to assign always limited resources (labor etc.). September will have a SU6 and a WU6 . We'll see if assigning labor to the fancy addons is compatible with improving the basics. 

About opposing "fun" vs "serious". The fun is in the mind of the player. Some have fun with an anything goes MFS, some have fun with something "serious". Go figure.

• Like 5

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

What bunch of whiners around here again. Get a life folks.

• Like 9

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

So, having an opinion makes one a whiner now? 

Opinion means saying what you think or feel about something. Usually in an adult, indoor voice. Depending on how you can express your opinion, you can do it pleasantly or unpleasantly.

Whining means asking for the same thing over and over in a whimpering, grating tone when you aren't getting your way about something, in hopes of annoying others so much they will give in just to shut you up. It's very childish and off-putting.

So, I would say 90% of people are merely expressing an opinion, with a hint of frustration.

This place turns more and more like facebook each day. Why do you even have to call people whiners? Or tell people to 'get a life'? Completely not needed at all. 

• Like 12
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Zangoose said:

No issues with more content of course, provided that it doesn't break things (unlike it has happened until now) and the priority is given to fix the existing bugs and issues.

Sorry if not everybody is jumping for joy at the release of another payware aircraft when the autopilot / approach bugs of the default ones are not fixed after more than one year. 

• Like 3

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

2 hours ago, AnkH said:

Well, honestly, if you pause the vid when the Chateau Chillon is shown, those mountains down the Wallis look terrible

Indeed. I lived in Montreux for a few years where this castle is located, and the mountain down the valley 'Les Dents Du Midi' looks nothing like that.

Maybe it's the LODS and the mesh is not fully loaded. I doubt the mesh resolution would be that bad up close. But it raises the point that the mesh and satelite imagery LOD has been considerably downgraded in SU5. Now we get a blurry undefined mesh for distant mountains, even those not so far away.

• Like 1