Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

Gamescom 2021 Teasers

21 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Why do you even have to call people whiners? Or tell people to 'get a life'? Completely not needed at all.

Agreed. Having a bad day here, I apologize. Nevertheless, all these countless 'opinions' about how all the shortcomings have to be fixed before expansions are released are so annoying. It has been pointed out many times before that expansions are probably made by a different team. Besides that every update or expansion includes fixes. I guess it basically is the glass half empty half full story here. Mine is half full. I'm having a blast with MSFS the way it is now, even with all the bugs. But I have faith in the team and what they can do to improve this sim in the coming years.

I have nothing against having an opinion, but I get very irritated reading them being expressed in impatient, arrogant, cynical, unreasonable and childish ways. Indeed, it looks more and more like Facebook everyday, lol

• Like 8

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

IMHO, I get the feeling their moving "back in time" because their modern gauges are toy simulations.. Don't have to worry about that with steam gauges..

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

2 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Waiting for the :-

“but but but they’ve got different teams on different tasks” brigade…. 

Great to see these messages sinking in.  Welcome to the brigade!  😁

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 3

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

2 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

Edited by Stoopy

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

4 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Neuman, with his profound insights of what flight simulation should be, is already busy preparing the Gamescom 2022. The main feature will be a reboot of Crimson Skies taking place in MSFS. Pirates in the skies ! Can’t wait ! We need to have the 5 to 9 year-old kids coming to the sim.

I would be one hundred percent on board with that and throw some money at them. The original Crimson Skies was a blast 😁
Give me that Devastator, Fury, Brigand and Bloodhawk to fly 😜

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rimshot said:

I have nothing against having an opinion, but I get very irritated reading them being expressed in impatient, arrogant, cynical, unreasonable and childish ways. Indeed, it looks more and more like Facebook everyday, lol

The vast majority of people on here who are having issues are offering constructive criticism. If someone is experiencing problems with the sim since SU5, then that's kind of normal to suggest certain elements need to be fixed to be at least as good as they were before. This is not something culturally new or Facebook-like as you suggest. In fact I would say the contrary. Those expressing over the top worship like praise on the sim makers and at the same time telling others they have no right to an opinion is far more indicative of the 'Facebook-like' cancel culture you are referring to. Is it better we lie or stay silent because some are having fun and anyone not bothers them? 

I'm sincerely glad you're enjoying the sim but it is a fact that not all of us are having the same experience and are a little miffed considering the sim was working much better before the last update. 

NB: I don't use Facebook or anything like it.

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

Those expressing over the top worship like praise on the sim makers and at the same time telling others they have no right to an opinion is far more indicative of the 'Facebook-like' cancel culture you are referring to.

Also: "I apologize for calling you whiners, I had a bad day. Let me just call you impatient, cynical, arrogant, unreasonable and childish"

LOL 😄

• Like 3

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5

7 hours ago, 6297J said:

Unfortunately these novelty add-ons aren't going to be optional are they. They will be part of a mandatory update I'm sure but I do hope they can be removed in the Content Manager. 

There’s no evidence of this.

We don’t even know of the volocopter or RARA addons are free or paid. But even if they were free it’s not guaranteed they’d be forced on us. The world updates are free but you’re not forced to download them.

I expect the RARA addon to be paid, based on the number of aircraft there.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

This thread is about Gamescon not about: please list all your gripes with MSFS 2020, Asobo and Microsoft. There are plenty of threads, probably numbering in the dozens, that serve exactly that purpose.

Again, thanks Asobo and Microsoft for providing me with an enjoyable and immersive flightsim experience. 

CnIukHj.jpg

• Like 3

Dev work on these addons will also improve things for people who aren’t the target consumers.

According to one of the community managers the flight models for all aircraft have been improved while working on the racing addon. Not just the new ones being added.

I’m theorizing that the Top Gun expansion will launch with, or around improved supersonic flight, since it seems to include 2 supersonic aircraft.

The Volocopter is their first step towards adding proper helicopters according the blog. Whatever changes they make to support the Volocopter will probably make helicopters easier to make.

You need to look at the bigger picture.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

There’s no evidence of this.

We don’t even know of the volocopter or RARA addons are free or paid. But even if they were free it’s not guaranteed they’d be forced on us. The world updates are free but you’re not forced to download them.

I expect the RARA addon to be paid, based on the number of aircraft there.

Fingers crossed!

Will the RARA addon include the planes and Reno Air Park as well?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

4 hours ago, Rimshot said:

Agreed. Having a bad day here, I apologize. Nevertheless, all these countless 'opinions' about how all the shortcomings have to be fixed before expansions are released are so annoying. It has been pointed out many times before that expansions are probably made by a different team. Besides that every update or expansion includes fixes. I guess it basically is the glass half empty half full story here. Mine is half full. I'm having a blast with MSFS the way it is now, even with all the bugs. But I have faith in the team and what they can do to improve this sim in the coming years.

I proposed to tell ASOBO to make operable boats, and was dreaming of taking off on my Cessna to see sailboats racing on the sea. I think that would be awesome. So I am all for a bit of gaming 🙂

But if they ask me, I'd say to postpone this little dream of mine until all basic bugs are solved.

I don't think this is unreasonable.

A.

7 hours ago, pmb said:

Honestly, personally I am not  interested in these expansions (maybe with the exception of the Ju-52). However, I understand this is broadening the user base thus furthering influx of fresh money and ensuring prospering of the sim and in this way I will benefit from it, too.

Kind regards, Michael

So has been the last words of many former excellent pc sims turned into console arcade games…

Chris Camp

48 minutes ago, ADamiani said:

I proposed to tell ASOBO to make operable boats, and was dreaming of taking off on my Cessna to see sailboats racing on the sea. I think that would be awesome. So I am all for a bit of gaming 🙂

But if they ask me, I'd say to postpone this little dream of mine until all basic bugs are solved.

I don't think this is unreasonable.

A.

You don’t have to wait.  Both can be done at the same time.

The error is making the assumption that the sim fixes would go faster if they didn’t work on other features.  This is not a forgone conclusion 

• Like 1