Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

Gamescom 2021 Teasers

16 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

On the contrary, the probability is high that it will. Resources applied to add one new element, whatever it is, will not be applied to solve the  basic pending issues.   

So what will they remove when they add Air Racing? Aileron control? Temperature?

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

1 minute ago, espent said:

So what will they remove when they add Air Racing?

Just a little credibility.

4 minutes ago, 6297J said:

Adding a stop watch removes credibility?

• Like 3

Interesting, the assumption people are making is the Reno addon incudes aircraft -  is there any evidence for that ?  I would have thought the addon would be just Reno and the aircraft would be separate? 

With regard to all the political stuff basically saying they should sack all the people working on addons and fix the issues some people are having trouble with instead ... all I can say is "my selfish attitude is that with MY OWN  sim working flawlessly I am more them happy for them to spend as much money as they want on addons, let them eat cake  " .

30 minutes ago, 6297J said:

Did FSX having similar content reduce it's credibility?

This sim is for all kinds of flying. Not just the kind you like.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 6

Great, WOWW - a Junkers is coming to MSFS..😎😍

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Interesting, I have seen a Sea Fury in real life, massive aircraft, the engine towered way above my head ... no way I would have tried to fly it, the thing scared me.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, espent said:

So what will they remove when they add Air Racing? Aileron control? Temperature?

You play with words. This  is a question of resource allocation. If you assign people to a certain task, they are not available to do another task.  If a developer works on modeling the flight of the volocopter 🤦‍♂️ (so neumanish...) or better of a racing Mustang, he/she doesn't work to improve the Caravan. If he/she works on organizing the AI to race, no work is done by the same on the normal  AI traffic and ATC.  I don't believe  that the teams are rigidly allocated. If a developer may have special skills, money a.k.a. wages has not. 

I have nothing against Air Racing. Actually some of my most flown aircraft in FS9,  FSX and P3D were I guess the P-51 and the Texan. I know one thing or two about flight simulation  warbirds and love them.  If the idea is get a half-baked version, as many things coming from the team unfortunately are, I am not interested.

You see,  I have not the faith. Sad. I am just a selfish consumer who wishes they finish the product which has been released last year and correct the new issues they brought along the updates . I see the glass half full, oh yeah I do, I just wish it was full to the brim 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

6 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

You play with words.

I said "It is not like adding gaming elements will take away the sim elements."

The you replied the the probability of that happening was high.

Where is the play?

Just now, espent said:

I said "It is not like adding gaming elements will take away the sim elements."

The you replied the the probability of that happening was high.

Where is the play?

I am afraid the conversation will stop here. Not interested to pursue it with you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

28 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

am afraid the conversation will stop here. Not interested to pursue it with you.

I wish more people would take that stance, then we wouldn’t have to Wade through pages of rubbish. Infighting. Handbags at ten paces. And to top it off, know it all’s! 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

You play with words. This  is a question of resource allocation. If you assign people to a certain task, they are not available to do another task.  If a developer works on modeling the flight of the volocopter 🤦‍♂️ (so neumanish...) or better of a racing Mustang, he/she doesn't work to improve the Caravan. If he/she works on organizing the AI to race, no work is done by the same on the normal  AI traffic and ATC.  I don't believe  that the teams are rigidly allocated. If a developer may have special skills, money a.k.a. wages has not.

That's not how development works at asobo from what we know. They have separate teams working on separate projects, they're not taking resources away from anything.

Edited by Tuskin38

9 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

That's not how development works at asobo from what we know. They have separate teams working on separate projects, they're not taking resources away from anything.

Your guessing!!!

You only know what leaks out or they choose to tell you.

If there are "teams"  why is it taking months to get stuff working???

I mean Reno Air Races when the AP and G1000 are a mess just for starters.

Take the RENO team and put them on the G1000!!!!!

Crazy!!!!

Edited by tpete61
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, tpete61 said:

and G1000 are a mess just for starters.

They have a dedicated team for the Garmin systems, Working Title, check the free section of the marketplace for an open beta for the G1000nxi..

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 3