Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

Gamescom 2021 Teasers

7 minutes ago, tpete61 said:

Your guessing!!!

You only know what leaks out or they choose to tell you.

If there are "teams"  why is it taking months to get stuff working???

I mean Reno Air Races when the AP and G1000 are a mess just for starters.

Take the RENO team and put them on the G1000!!!!!

Crazy!!!!

WT have already booked 4000+ hours on the avionics/systems since they started. There is surly a limit to how much you can run in parallel.

• Like 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

24 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

They have a dedicated team for the Garmin systems, Working Title, check the free section of the marketplace for an open beta for the G1000nxi..

I'm fully aware!

It's improved but after 12 months in for MSFS2020 and the late start it still has a long ways to go. It certainly seems we are on the 10 year improvement plan.

I'm hoping Reno doesn't include a P51 because the Elevator Trim Tab might fail and crash my computer.

18 minutes ago, tpete61 said:

I, however, am not guessing. 🙂 The Working Title portion of the MSFS team is at 6 (soon 7) and have been working exclusively full time on the G1000 NXi since March. Rest assured that MS is putting plenty of resources into assuring quality avionics. If you would like to help us out (and also fly what is already a pretty complete instrument, with coupled VNAV, LPV, the ability to fly any leg type, etc), I would recommend getting into our early access program by downloading the G1000 NXi from the Marketplace.

Building high quality and accurate avionics is not a weeks timeframe type kind of endeavor. I would put a general estimate of effort to be on the order of 2-6 person-years, depending on the specific avionics stack involved, and there becomes a practical limit to how many people you can really put on it just due to getting in each other's way.

-Matt | Working Title

• Like 13
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

I, however, am not guessing. 🙂 The Working Title portion of the MSFS team is at 6 (soon 7) and have been working exclusively full time on the G1000 NXi since March. Rest assured that MS is putting plenty of resources into assuring quality avionics. If you would like to help us out (and also fly what is already a pretty complete instrument, with coupled VNAV, LPV, the ability to fly any leg type, etc), I would recommend getting into our early access program by downloading the G1000 NXi from the Marketplace.

Building high quality and accurate avionics is not a weeks timeframe type kind of endeavor. I would put a general estimate of effort to be on the order of 2-6 person-years, depending on the specific avionics stack involved, and there becomes a practical limit to how many people you can really put on it just due to getting in each other's way.

-Matt | Working Title

I have your product it is working very well!!!

My post above is in reference to MS/ASOBO taking there time to recognize the problem and let you have a go at getting it right! I said nothing in regards to your team being the problem! Quite the contrary.

3 hours ago, VFXSimmer said:

You don’t have to wait.  Both can be done at the same time.

The error is making the assumption that the sim fixes would go faster if they didn’t work on other features.  This is not a forgone conclusion 

It is hard to add a feature, or solve a bug, in a complex software without introducing some odd behaviors, instabilities, even more bugs.

I'd rather have a stable platform first, then solve the main problems, and finally work on toys.

Just my opinion.

A.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, tpete61 said:

I have your product it is working very well!!!

My post above is in reference to MS/ASOBO taking there time to recognize the problem and let you have a go at getting it right! I said nothing in regards to your team being the problem! Quite the contrary.

It certianlly didn't sound that way:

1 hour ago, tpete61 said:

Working Title I assume isn't working on the Reno addon.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

It certianlly didn't sound that way:

Your quite quick to reply to people without reading what they write completely!

The G1000 that comes with the game was coded by MS/ASOBO this is what I was referring to. I didn't originally say otherwise as I'm fully aware of working title. Please go back and read what I wrote!

Since working title has nothing to do with my original post I'm not expecting them to be involved in this little Reno Air Race Side Show!

5 hours ago, ADamiani said:

Different opinions not allowed? Those who don't agree on your priorities are childish?

No, I said expecting developers to stop all other development in order to work on your own individual priority is childish. It was pretty clear.

Anyway, you said you’d blocked me so I’m curious to know why you’re exposing me to your poor reading comprehension again?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

26 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

No, I said expecting developers to stop all other development in order to work on your own individual priority is childish. It was pretty clear.

Anyway, you said you’d blocked me so I’m curious to know why you’re exposing me to your poor reading comprehension again?

Exactly, if I don't see flush toilets in the tubeliners this sim is a no-go for me.

bs

Edited by bean_sprout
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Sad. Came to see the discussions about new stuff, and instead is just the same old same old. Pretty pathetic. 

• Like 10
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

Exactly, if I don't see flush toilets in the tubeliners this sim is a no-go for me.

bs

😆

11 minutes ago, Waldo Pepper said:

😆

Loved that movie BTW.

Cheers

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

2 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

bs

Literally unplayable.

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

4 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

bs

The big twist is that it'll be Austin in the toilet.....

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

20OpPeD.png

• Like 3

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.