Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

Gamescom 2021 Teasers

50 minutes ago, OneOfMany said:

I agree with most of the comments made about having problems. What I don't agree with is the same group saying the same negative things in EVERY thread, even if the thread begins positively.

Same. And I do agree that online communities everywhere seem to be getting more fractious (myself included, natch), whether through COVID fatigue, algorithm-induced polarization, or just the heat…

My own personal bugbear is the horizon line. On many flights luckily everything else compensates and I manage not to notice it, but then it’ll become very visible and the immersion goes. But I recognize that the marketers and business planners at Microsoft need to keep the servers running and the shareholders happy, and I certainly don’t expect them to drop everything else until my horizon line problem is dealt with. We’ve waited a long time to have serious money put behind a flight-sim, and now that they’ve hired an army of developers, why on earth should we expect them to deploy all of their diverse and often irrelevant skills to bug-fixing?

But then I saw the same on the DCS forums, where people screamed at ED for something like developing a Spitfire when the fuel-burn / altitude ratio of the Sidewinder was still off numbers…

• Like 3

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

On 8/25/2021 at 4:41 PM, tpete61 said:

The G1000 that comes with the game was coded by MS/ASOBO this is what I was referring to.

Yes, and the G1000 being worked on by WT will replace the default one in the base sim once it's finished if I understand correctly.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, OneOfMany said:

What I don't agree with is the same group saying the same negative things in EVERY thread, even if the thread begins positively.

Precisely.   I'm fine with folks complaining, even when I don't see merit in the complaints.   (And I'm not saying that all complaints here are meritless -- many have genuine merit.)   But when someone feels the need to butt into every random positive thread with an out-of-context "yeah, but is <insert INCREDBLY IMPORTANT pet peeve here> still broken?" (or, the more recently popular "even ASOBO say things are broken, take that deniers!") that's not making a positive contribution to the community.  It's thread-you-know-whatting.  And when it's the same dang people, popping up to say the same dang thing in every thread, it gets truly tiresome.

Hopefully as more time goes by, people will continue to add those who do this repeatedly to their block lists, and the culprits will find themselves increasingly without an audience to perform for.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kaosfere said:

Precisely.   I'm fine with folks complaining, even when I don't see merit in the complaints.   (And I'm not saying that all complaints here are meritless -- many have genuine merit.)   But when someone feels the need to butt into every random positive thread with an out-of-context "yeah, but is <insert INCREDBLY IMPORTANT pet peeve here> still broken?" (or, the more recently popular "even ASOBO say things are broken, take that deniers!") that's not making a positive contribution to the community.  It's thread-you-know-whatting.  And when it's the same dang people, popping up to say the same dang thing in every thread, it gets truly tiresome.

Hopefully as more time goes by, people will continue to add those who do this repeatedly to their block lists, and the culprits will find themselves increasingly without an audience to perform for.

What this did to me in the past is that it made me doubt my own observations. F.i. the haze or tree distance. I tried to visualize what I saw in real live. Be it in a airliner, single engine or glider. I basicly always came to the conclusion that  what I saw in MSFS was  what I remembered from seeing in real live. The horizon was mostly haze. I was never able to identify a specific tree species at 20 miles. 

I stopped taking those people serious.

• Like 1

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

11 hours ago, ADamiani said:

What I notice happening consistently on the Internet, not just here, is that some people only want consensus. 

There you go again, making things up, creating straw men.

3 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

me!  me !  that is me !

Guilty as charged.

to be fair, you do know it all 😄 but you'r 153 years old so that makes sense 😄

What a world. It seems one extreme or the other. Can a balanced discussion not be had anymore. Must we silence everyone we disagree with? 

Increasingly, it seems even these forums are now about taking extreme sides on here like much of what else is going on in society these days.

Should we have 3 seperate sub forums in that case? One for those that love MSFS but can't stand listening to the issues of others, one for those with issues but can't stand listening to people who love MSFS, and one for people who enjoy a balanced adult discussion the way it used to be until recently. Instead, now it seems everyone must take sides and silence anyone not in agreement.

Talk about tiring. It's a very slippery slope folks. Maybe some people on here need to reflect on themselves and apply a bit of critical thinking before telling others how to behave. 

Edited by steve310002
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, steve310002 said:

Must we silence everyone we disagree with? 

Not sure what you are referring to. Who is trying to silence who?

If you don't like something someone said, you can easily ignore them yourself, as stated here by one of the moderators: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/570451-how-to-deal-with-a-user-whose-posts-you-cant-tolerate/

The props on the Ju-52 are spinning the wrong way... lol Plus on the Official Reno Air Racers page on FB after the announcement of the Microsoft partnership a Well known air racer pilot remarked on how the Six Cat propeller also spun in the wrong direction.

• Like 1

tpewpb-6.png

1 hour ago, EvidencePlz said:

Not sure what you are referring to. Who is trying to silence who?

If you don't like something someone said, you can easily ignore them yourself, as stated here by one of the moderators: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/570451-how-to-deal-with-a-user-whose-posts-you-cant-tolerate/

If we did that, threads wouldn't even make sense anymore. There are too many comments from the people I wouldn't 'ignore' in response to those making the 'unreasonable' comments. It would be impossible to follow what anyone is referring to.

Plus frankly, I'm opposed to the notion of silencing people. I think that gets dangerous in general as it's happening a lot these days. I believe in listening, discourse and finding solutions. 

I think there is a severe lack of critical thinking skills these days and folk have a tendency to jump on bandwagons and follow a herd mentality rightly or wrongly instead of holding reasonable balanced discourse that doesn't just call something they don't like 'untrue' and 'bad' in an attempt to silence what those they don't like to hear from have to say. 

The world is starting to get very 1984 and becoming extremely polarized even when it comes to relatively less serious things like flight sim forums. There's a new level of rudeness and my way or the highway mentality that seems to be taking hold as though it's normal. The rise of individualism perhaps. I honestly see it as a side effect of many other things going on in the world. Monkey see, monkey do sadly. More and more.

Edited by steve310002
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, kaosfere said:

Yeah, I'm past the point of even arguing with the people who seem to have made perpetual MSFS-angst a core part of their existence here.   They're not going to change their minds until they do, and trying to reason with them is, as you say, pointless.

Now most of them get ignored, some of them just get laughed at, the more persistent and annoying ones go in my blocklist, and I content myself with a snarky comment here and there because, well, I'm human and flawed.  😄

(I do, seriously, think that if the number of folks who make a routine habit of popping up in threads here just to stir the poop about MSFS did the same thing in the P3D forum as often and fervently as is done here there would be more assertive moderator action.   But I have no proof of that, it's just a feeling based on my 8 years registered here participating in -- and numerous previous years of lurking in -- the FSX, P3D, XPlane, and now MSFS fora.)

No different then "Defenders" popping in here to defend MS/Asobo.

All the word "Defenders" want to defend the product to no end, kind of silly when real issues do exist.

I don't need to write paragraphs here to explain my position. Using the game speaks for itself. After 10 months it still has a multitude of issues and it's laughable that people are here defending the "Reno Air Race add-on".

In the end it could end up being a mess just like other issues so I have absolutely no praise it!

Not sure why gobs of praise are always spilling onto this forum for this game! It simply a mediocre product with very good scenery.

Edited by tpete61

2 hours ago, tpete61 said:

After 10 months it still has a multitude of issues and it's laughable that people are here defending the "Reno Air Race add-on".

Because you don't seem to understand how the sims development works.

It is not taking resources away from other aspects from the sim. In fact it's helping the base planes:

09Ec2ad.png

Edited by Tuskin38

1 hour ago, ADamiani said:

So you don't think that on the Internet in general, not in this forum, there is a problem with people just looking for consensus.

It seems you don't spend a lot of time in the internet.

People looking for consensus is really not the problem.

The opposite is the problem.

Edited by mrueedi
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Because you don't seem to understand how the sims development works.

It is not taking resources away from other aspects from the sim. In fact it's helping the base planes:

09Ec2ad.png

That's one of the problems here with so called experts that seem to know how development is done.

You see, most customers could care less how it is done, and once again I will point out you and anyone else... we know very little about how MS/Asobo goes about there work other than what they tell us in public facing ways.

I'm a customer that purchased a product I don't really care how it is developed. Most all people here should or could care less. Pointing out issues about what doesn't work and how to make a product would serve a much better purpose.

By the way, the product I purchased is buggy, and will crash at times. Not what I paid for. I don't expect Reno Air Races to eliminate CTD's.

Edited by tpete61
  • Like 2