Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

Gamescom 2021 Teasers

12 minutes ago, tpete61 said:

I don't expect Reno Air Races to eliminate CTD's.

And you shouldn't - but a separate update that is related to sim stability would be expected to address that.

1 hour ago, tpete61 said:

I'm a customer that purchased a product I don't really care how it is developed

That's fine - but if you're going to stagger into yet another thread to complain about them adding something new to the game when <insert bug here> still exists, then people are going to educate you on how game development isn't hundreds of people sitting in a room all working sequentially on one thing at a time.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, Scottoest said:

That's fine - but if you're going to stagger into yet another thread to complain about them adding something new to the game when <insert bug here> still exists, then people are going to educate you on how game development isn't hundreds of people sitting in a room all working sequentially on one thing at a time.

But in the real world if Walmart have issues with cash registers at a particular store in New York  they stop all development of the new store in California and send all the architects and designers and people to New York to help repair cash registers. 

EVERYBODY knows this.  it is an obvious fact.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Some people are just not so bright - the longer I live the more I realise this. Sadly they are also the ones that complain the most.  I find the 'Ignore User' option on this forum most helpful. Must admit not much content is left. 

CJ

• Like 1

09Ec2ad.png

This scares me above and beyond anything else!

If anything in the past is to go by... Aboso's version of improved flight models doesn't necessarily mean more realistic or sim like?

Are they going to make this an air plane controller version of FORZA?

• Like 1

Chris Camp

9 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

If anything in the past is to go by... Aboso's version of improved flight models doesn't necessarily mean more realistic or sim like?

Are they going to make this an air plane controller version of FORZA?

There's no evidence of any of that.

Improvement means more accuracy. More realistic.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mrueedi said:

It seems you don't spend a lot of time in the internet.

People looking for consensus is really not the problem.

The opposite is the problem.

I still believe that it is a real issue. There are examples everywhere: people embrace an idea, often not even knowing why, and then they refuse to discuss it and instead proceed to attack personally those who express a different view.

I think it's a problem. If you don't, that's, rightfully, just your opinion.

It fascinates me how you derive from this that I do not spend a lot of time in the Internet. Is that a way of saying that my opinion doesn't count? In this case, I'm afraid that you just confirmed that I am right.

A.

4 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

There's no evidence of any of that.

Improvement means more accuracy. More realistic.

I really, REALLY hope that you are right.

That's all.

A.

46 minutes ago, ADamiani said:

We learned today that those who complain the most are usually not so bright.

Probably to be honest, more those who are feeling disempowered. 

If you are not happy and feel it is outside your control to fix things, complaining is certainly an option. Not an option likely to help you if you just randomly complain to whoever will listen, but definitely an option and venting may make you feel better I suppose.

Now it is certainly the case that unfortunates who are "not bright" are more likely to feel disempowered as they may struggle to understand solutions to their woes - but there are many many other reasons normal intelligent people feel disempowered and the need to complain.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

5 hours ago, tpete61 said:

All the word "Defenders" want to defend the product to no end, kind of silly when real issues do exist

Gamescom 2021 Teasers

Maybe you simply missed the title of this particular post, so I just put it above. If you don't like the reno addon, I am ok with you saying it in this thread. Bringing up the existence of other issues is not relevant to this topic. 

3 hours ago, tpete61 said:

By the way, the product I purchased is buggy, and will crash at times.

I'm curious what sims you know of out there that are not buggy, and are not known for occasionally crashing at times.

*Looks sideways at the CTD forum, and the regular problem threads every-single-day for the last few decades from our legacy sims

*Raises eyebrow*

• Like 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

On 8/25/2021 at 4:03 PM, OneOfMany said:

Sad. Came to see the discussions about new stuff, and instead is just the same old same old. Pretty pathetic. 

Couldn't agree more.

To me, this video sums up well the current state of societal discourse, here and everywhere else.

It's to the point you can't even enjoy the forums anymore.

Runnin' through this business of life
Raisin' sand if I'm needed to
Ain't so funny when things ain't feelin' right
Then daddy's hand helps to see me through
Sweet as sugar, love won't wash away
Rain or shine, it's always here to stay
All these years you and I spent together
All these winters, couldn't stand the weather
Like a train that stops at every station,
We all deal with trials and tribulations
Fear hangs the fellow that ties up his years
Entangled in yellow and cries all his tears
Changes come before we can go
Learn to see them before we're too old
Don't just take me for tryin' to be heavy
Understand, it's time to get ready for the storm
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, OneOfMany said:

A little Stevie makes it all good. Thanks for that 

Yes, It certainly adds to the topic of this thread!

The topic has definitely de-railed at this point. My original reply if people want to quote me is how the state of this game relates to the Reno Air Race Add-On.

Many are quoting much of what I said out of context.

Total wasted post.

Sorry I have to waste another post to point this out.

Edited by tpete61

5 hours ago, tpete61 said:

Yes, It certainly adds to the topic of this thread!

The topic has definitely de-railed at this point. My original reply if people want to quote me is how the state of this game relates to the Reno Air Race Add-On.

Many are quoting much of what I said out of context.

Total wasted post.

Sorry I have to waste another post to point this out.

As many people have pointed out to you, ad nauseam, the state of the game does not relate to the Reno Air Race Add-On.  Different programmers are working on different aspects of the sim.  It's not that hard to understand, yet you refuse to do so.  Nothing has been out of context... you just don't seem to get it.  You've wasted many posts proving that.

• Like 1