Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

Gamescom 2021 Teasers

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, tpete61 said:

Your guessing!!!

You only know what leaks out or they choose to tell you.

If there are "teams"  why is it taking months to get stuff working???

I mean Reno Air Races when the AP and G1000 are a mess just for starters.

Take the RENO team and put them on the G1000!!!!!

Crazy!!!!

WT have already booked 4000+ hours on the avionics/systems since they started. There is surly a limit to how much you can run in parallel.

 

 

  • Like 1

// 5090X // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

They have a dedicated team for the Garmin systems, Working Title, check the free section of the marketplace for an open beta for the G1000nxi..

I'm fully aware!

It's improved but after 12 months in for MSFS2020 and the late start it still has a long ways to go. It certainly seems we are on the 10 year improvement plan.

I'm hoping Reno doesn't include a P51 because the Elevator Trim Tab might fail and crash my computer.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, tpete61 said:

Take the RENO team and put them on the G1000!!!!!

I, however, am not guessing. 🙂 The Working Title portion of the MSFS team is at 6 (soon 7) and have been working exclusively full time on the G1000 NXi since March. Rest assured that MS is putting plenty of resources into assuring quality avionics. If you would like to help us out (and also fly what is already a pretty complete instrument, with coupled VNAV, LPV, the ability to fly any leg type, etc), I would recommend getting into our early access program by downloading the G1000 NXi from the Marketplace.

Building high quality and accurate avionics is not a weeks timeframe type kind of endeavor. I would put a general estimate of effort to be on the order of 2-6 person-years, depending on the specific avionics stack involved, and there becomes a practical limit to how many people you can really put on it just due to getting in each other's way.

-Matt | Working Title

  • Like 13
  • Upvote 3

Matt Nischan
Architect | Lead Developer

ZF67cij.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

I, however, am not guessing. 🙂 The Working Title portion of the MSFS team is at 6 (soon 7) and have been working exclusively full time on the G1000 NXi since March. Rest assured that MS is putting plenty of resources into assuring quality avionics. If you would like to help us out (and also fly what is already a pretty complete instrument, with coupled VNAV, LPV, the ability to fly any leg type, etc), I would recommend getting into our early access program by downloading the G1000 NXi from the Marketplace.

Building high quality and accurate avionics is not a weeks timeframe type kind of endeavor. I would put a general estimate of effort to be on the order of 2-6 person-years, depending on the specific avionics stack involved, and there becomes a practical limit to how many people you can really put on it just due to getting in each other's way.

-Matt | Working Title

I have your product it is working very well!!!

My post above is in reference to MS/ASOBO taking there time to recognize the problem and let you have a go at getting it right! I said nothing in regards to your team being the problem! Quite the contrary.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VFXSimmer said:

You don’t have to wait.  Both can be done at the same time.

The error is making the assumption that the sim fixes would go faster if they didn’t work on other features.  This is not a forgone conclusion 

It is hard to add a feature, or solve a bug, in a complex software without introducing some odd behaviors, instabilities, even more bugs.

I'd rather have a stable platform first, then solve the main problems, and finally work on toys.

Just my opinion.

A.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, tpete61 said:

I have your product it is working very well!!!

My post above is in reference to MS/ASOBO taking there time to recognize the problem and let you have a go at getting it right! I said nothing in regards to your team being the problem! Quite the contrary.

 

It certianlly didn't sound that way:

  

1 hour ago, tpete61 said:

Take the RENO team and put them on the G1000!!!!!

Working Title I assume isn't working on the Reno addon.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

It certianlly didn't sound that way:

Your quite quick to reply to people without reading what they write completely!

The G1000 that comes with the game was coded by MS/ASOBO this is what I was referring to. I didn't originally say otherwise as I'm fully aware of working title. Please go back and read what I wrote!

Since working title has nothing to do with my original post I'm not expecting them to be involved in this little Reno Air Race Side Show!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ADamiani said:

Different opinions not allowed? Those who don't agree on your priorities are childish?

No, I said expecting developers to stop all other development in order to work on your own individual priority is childish. It was pretty clear.

Anyway, you said you’d blocked me so I’m curious to know why you’re exposing me to your poor reading comprehension again?

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, X34 3440x1440, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

No, I said expecting developers to stop all other development in order to work on your own individual priority is childish. It was pretty clear.

Anyway, you said you’d blocked me so I’m curious to know why you’re exposing me to your poor reading comprehension again?

Exactly, if I don't see flush toilets in the tubeliners this sim is a no-go for me.

bs

Edited by bean_sprout
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad. Came to see the discussions about new stuff, and instead is just the same old same old. Pretty pathetic. 

  • Like 10
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

Exactly, if I don't see flush toilets in the tubeliners this sim is a no-go for me.

bs

😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Waldo Pepper said:

😆

Loved that movie BTW.

Cheers

bs


AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

Exactly, if I don't see flush toilets in the tubeliners this sim is a no-go for me.

bs

Literally unplayable.

  • Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, X34 3440x1440, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

Exactly, if I don't see flush toilets in the tubeliners this sim is a no-go for me.

bs

The big twist is that it'll be Austin in the toilet.....


Just Flight Beta Tester
 
We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.
 
Devons rig
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ZOTAC GAMING GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti Triple Fan / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 1x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1000GB / 5 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity each / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20OpPeD.png

  • Like 3

AMD Ryzen5 3600 cpu, 2060 SUPER gpu, 600 Watt Gold Thermaltake psu, 2K 32" Sceptre curved monitor, 16 GB RAM. Entire system including monitor under $1400 iBuyPower (IBP brand had best user reviews at BestBuy).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    53%
    $13,405.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...