Sign in to follow this  
kazeekayo

Real Taxiways USA - available now

I agree that the price is too steep. However the default taxiway signs are quite hard to read, especially with the overexposed tonemapping that is so horrid in the sim. They really need to  tone it down. A lot of the taxiway signs are difficult to see, especially during the day. The signs are overexposed and all you can see are yellow rectangles and not see the actual wording or text on them due to this. If this addon makes taxiways clearer, sharper, crisp and much more legible, then it may be worth it.

• Like 4

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I wonder what it will do to the many many addon airports already handmade with added and or corrected airports?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Just now, fppilot said:

I wonder what it will do to the many many addon airports already handmade with added and or corrected airports?

I’m not sure. But, If things get screwed up, it says you can turn it off any airport you chose and keep it on everywhere else still.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlyingInACessna said:

Whoever gets this, post a review & screenshots please!

Right?!?! I guess everyone’s at work or busy atm like myself. I was hoping some brave soul would have gotten it going already for us!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kazeekayo said:

I’m not sure. But, If things get screwed up, it says you can turn it off any airport you chose and keep it on everywhere else still.

Could be quite a task, but guess each addon airport could be taken care of as it is flown to, instead of going through all of them at once!

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 minutes ago, fppilot said:

According to the documentation you can exclude airports via ICAO code.

Here we go, according to the original product description, they were going to fix parking spots, but that's missing from the release description and documentation.

lJUgZls.png

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

I just bought it. I can do some pics this way you'll have your own opinion on the product.

• Like 2

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

Alaska738, nice! Could you do me a favor and show us how the taxiway signs look when in cockpit view during 12:00pm on a clear day? I want to see if they're clear and easy to read compared to the default.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I purchased it and did a taxi around Sants Barbera.  Looks very good.  All the misplaced taxiway lights were gone.  I had Foreflight running and every taxiway was correctly labeled.

Adds some more points to the realism scale.  Well worth it IMHO.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 minute ago, captain420 said:

Alaska738, nice! Could you do me a favor and show us how the taxiway signs look when in cockpit view during 12:00pm on a clear day? I want to see if they're clear and easy to read compared to the default.

They are a good scale and easy to read.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

I’m disappointed the parking improvements didn’t make it into the release. Looking forward to some video reviews before I decide to buy or not. Note in the manual it states that incorrect lighting posts are not fixed for airports that use green centerline lighting due to coding limitations...

Definitely not buying it at this ridiculous price and just for US. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Looks like a great addon but too pricey for wallet, besides it's USA only, so maybe later when its on sale.

Edit: Just realized it only covers 1000+, which probably means my hometown airport  KMFE is not covered. Wallet says no go.

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 2

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo