Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

Local Legends Ideas

10 hours ago, Moria15 said:

I was thinking about this from a British point of view trying to determine what iconic aircraft were still available to scan, as with the 52 and were super historic and not just a one off, and civilian (or a Civilian version)...   I came up with a fairly short list, any of which I would like...

Gypsy Moth, Tiger Moth, Brittania, Comet, Sunderland Flying Boat and of course Concorde.

I think any of these would fit the bill.  Personally, I would most like a Comet and Sunderland, but thats just me.

Now if we were to go into solely military aircraft.. there is a huge range and a lot of them are available to scan as well 🙂

Graham

Concorde would be for France... because of the E 😁

1 minute ago, webstef68 said:

Concorde would be for France... because of the E 😁

British Design, British built at Filton.. only reason the French were involved was to  help with the cash, and then they destroyed it by crashing a version whilst showing off to their president and not maintaining it properly because they wanted to be the Airbus company..   anyway the e is silent so it doesn't really count..  it was origionally concord 🙂

Yes all of the above is supposed to be mostly tongue in cheek and a semi light hearted response just in case anyone is wondering. 🙂

G

• Like 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

Il y a 3 heures, Dominique_K a dit :

Pour la France, je dirais le Latécoère 28 un avion courrier long-courrier et avion de ligne des années 30. C'était le séjour principal de l'Aéropostale pour ouvrir les routes transatlantiques vers l'Afrique et l'Amérique du Sud.

Une véritable légende de l'aviation civile.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latécoère_28

Pour l'après-guerre, l'avion de ligne court-courrier Caravelle serait qualifié d'avion de légende.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sud_Aviation_Caravelle

Bonjour, Que fais-tu du Concorde ?

N'oubliez pas le Concorde pour la France      

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concorde_(avion)

Edited by Accolade
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

British Design, British built at Filton.. only reason the French were involved was to  help with  

Yes all of the above is supposed to be mostly tongue in cheek and a semi light hearted response just in case anyone is wondering. 🙂

G

I had my eyebrows progressively raising in the first paragraph and my blood pressure went distinctively up then I read the end of the post 🤣.

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Just now, Dominique_K said:

I had my eyebrows progressively raising in the first paragraph and my blood pressure went distinctively up then I read the end of the post 🤣.

Can I claim a Gotcha then? 🙂

Graham

• Like 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

1 minute ago, Moria15 said:

Can I claim a Gotcha then? 🙂

Graham

Granted

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

For the US....I agree the Connie and DC-3 are legends.

However, my vote would be the plane that vaulted the commercial aviation world into the jet age....do I even need to say it? 🙂

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

19 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

However, my vote would be the plane that vaulted the commercial aviation world into the jet age....do I even need to say it?

The  de Havilland Comet?

17 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

The  de Havilland Comet?

Well....I'd say the ill-fated Comet started the jet age in commercial aviation, but it was never successful on the international stage as the defacto commercial jet known world-wide...as we all know its sad history.

Square windows in a pressurized tube.....who knew? (well back then nobody knew of repeated pressurization effects...sad we had to learn the hard way 😞 )

The "other' jet I'm referring to was pretty popular with ALL the airlines back then...even British airlines bought them in larger numbers over the improved Comet. 🤔

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

B707 of course.  It was definitely a classic.  Captain Sim used to do a good version of it apparently (that's the old Captain Sim, not now).

@Steve Dra You will get some arguments from DC-8 and Convair fans!  Personally I would like to see all of them in the sim eventually, including the Caravelle.

Going back to the B707, I actually like the B720 off-shoot.  It seemed to have better proportions for screen shots. :biggrin:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

For a British aicraft, I would like to see a de Havilland Dove, just because it is cute and was quite popular in its days. I know Concorde is a classic too, but chances are another party will built one, and perhaps more in depth than Asobo will.

a Sud Aviation Caravelle seems a good option for a French aircraft. It was quite succesfull and the first airliner that could do an autoland. It's also a beauty, and there is still one that has working engines so capturing sound as well as a full scan is possible.

A Fokker Trimotor would be a great choice for a Dutch aircraft. It is the first aircraft that flew over the south pole (in 1929), Ford copied most of the design to produce their own Trimotor.

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

It'll certainaly take two years or more before Sweden will get revistied, but I would personally like to see the Saab J35 Draken in my hangar 😄. I'm absolutely bias as a Swede, but she is a beauty.

Come here you big, beautiful cup of coffee and lie to me about how much we’re going to get done today.

1 hour ago, Cloudpiercing said:

I'm absolutely bias as a Swede, but she is a beauty.

I'm not a Swede...and I agree with you. 🙂

One of the best-looking silhouettes of any modern fighter! 

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

On 8/25/2021 at 11:42 AM, Matchstick said:

When they get around to Australia how about a GAF Nomad ?

Not the DHA-3 Drover?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

13 hours ago, Moria15 said:

British Design, British built at Filton.. only reason the French were involved was to  help with the cash, and then they destroyed it by crashing a version whilst showing off to their president and not maintaining it properly because they wanted to be the Airbus company..   anyway the e is silent so it doesn't really count..  it was originally concord 🙂

13 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Instantly made me think of the brilliant "Goodness Gracious Me" "Indian" sketches:

I'm biased, but my choice for the UK would be yet another DH aircraft, the first MRCA, the Wooden Wonder... the Mosquito. Preferably the bomber version (B Mk. IV IX or XVI) if we couldn't have both that and the FB marques.

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)