Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

T-45 vs MB339 vs G91

Another vote for the upcoming JustFlight Hawk. If in no rush, I would be inclined to wait for that to drop and see what the verdict is. 

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

There is an F104 coming as well.

Meanwhile - a video of a G91 take-off.

Note - do not buy this aircraft if you are after something easy to fly and toss about, it is rewarding but challenging.

• Like 1

Nice clip. Where is the difficulty ? The aircraft seems a little  laterally unstable, is that it ? Your climb rate is rather strong, contrary for instance to the L-39 where you have to make a flatish climb after leaving the ground to gain speed.. 

The 104 is scheduled for a release in two weeks from what I read. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Just thought I would add a tidbit on navigation in the G91. Primitive system based on doppler that sort of works like an ADF / RMI. But is snappy easy, if you preloaded the coordinates (notice 1,2,3,4,5... so that's all you have is 5). Very authentic and in my opinion kind of fun! (SimSkunkW gives you an app to load the instrument from map coordinates on LilNavMap, GoogleEarth, SkyVector, etc. But you can't just load a flightplan, electronic flightplans did not exist in the '50s). The 'PHI' is the thingee that looks like an RMI.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

That collimateur gunsight is also absent on the MSFS marketplace version, but it's there in the simmarket version.

FWIW, I always use Paypal to purchase on Simmarket or MSFS marketplace. With Paypal your critical personal numbers all are handled on the Paypal site instead of the seller's site. Seems much safer to me.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

2 hours ago, Fielder said:

That collimateur gunsight is also absent on the MSFS marketplace version, but it's there in the simmarket version.

FWIW, I always use Paypal to purchase on Simmarket or MSFS marketplace. With Paypal your critical personal numbers all are handled on the Paypal site instead of the seller's site. Seems much safer to me.

Thing with the MS marketplace, as I mentioned elsewhere, is you get no receipt detailing what addon you actually bought just a generic receipt for the "flight points" or whatever thy call them.

I bought my G91 at Orbx - mainly because updates of Orbx products are pretty painless, just run Orbx central occasionally and it is automatic for all your products.  Plus, non marketplace  you get the gunsight, ordinance tool which swaps out ordinance and changes weights and balance accordingly and can even drop iron bombs and crater the terrain (not that you bother dropping bombs after the first few times just for the rort of it,  but being able to change out the ordinance is nice. )

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

On 9/1/2021 at 4:30 AM, Dominique_K said:

Nice clip. Where is the difficulty ? The aircraft seems a little  laterally unstable, is that it ? Your climb rate is rather strong, contrary for instance to the L-39 where you have to make a flatish climb after leaving the ground to gain speed.. 

The 104 is scheduled for a release in two weeks from what I read. 

The climb rate is partly because you dial in serious nose up trim and the thing leaves the ground with quite a high nose up attitude until you get the trim back to neutral.

I think the biggest thing for reliable take-offs (other than correct trim and minimal flap) is to resist the temptation to pull back on the stick until it pretty much hits the rotation numbers. I suspect a lot of people with take-off issues are just applying too much back stick too early.  if you do that it just ploughs on off the end of the runway and keeps going emulating a rocket sled at Bonneville.

Landings are a different matter, energy control is crucial or you drop like a rock and the thing comes in really fast and almost needs to be flown to the ground - it is not easy to land at all .

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

@Dominique_K I have to say I'm curious if you've picked any of these up yet or if you've decided to wait for the JF Hawk ?

I have not yet picked one for various reasons  including waiting the confirmation of a compatibility with the last updates and.that I am curious about the 104 which is scheduled to release mid-September. Any sim needs a good 104 😉.

But I am very much inclined towards the G91 and Glenn's last post confirms that it is my kind of aircraft.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Just now, Dominique_K said:

I have not yet picked one for various reasons  including waiting the confirmation of a compatibility with the last updates and.that I am curious about the 104 which is scheduled to release mid-September. Any sim needs a good 104 😉.

But I am very much inclined towards the G91 and Glenn's last post confirms that it is my kind of aircraft.

Good choice, though I'm afraid to say it looks like the TF104 has been pushed back a little to End Sep-Mid Oct.

• Like 1

I think I had a Gina from Lago when they were  a big name in flight simulation (who remember them ?) 😃 and FS2k2 was the sim of the day.

Dominique

57 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Landings are a different matter, energy control is crucial or you drop like a rock and the thing comes in really fast and almost needs to be flown to the ground - it is not easy to land at all .

Thanks !

Landing with an aircraft with short wings is always an interesting proposition.

Dominique

After few hours in the Gina and some terrible landings (things are improving on this front 😁). I reiterate my thanks to the above posters. This is a good aircraft to have in one's hangar. 

• Like 1

Dominique

Gotta give a belated shoutout to the T45 here.  I am extremely happy with mine but then again I have a very strong bias toward anything that flies in carrier ops.  😄

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

On 9/22/2021 at 7:42 PM, Dominique_K said:

After few hours in the Gina and some terrible landings (things are improving on this front 😁)

I am also a Gina pilot since some weeks (and I agree it's great, especially the "ambiance" in VR) and I also struggle with the landings.

Especially the spiralling approach as presented in the English manual on page 75 and in this video. In my opinion something has changed between the original version shown in the video and the current aircraft. I think the landing behaviour is a bit unrealistic now. Banking the aircraft as shown in the video is hardly possible anymore close to the ground. Many times the Gina just dropped out of the sky. Elevator authority becomes nearly zero even at speeds higher than shown in the video. In the flight model cfg file, I see that the authors changed the parameters quite a bit when new MSFS versions appeared. Has somebody else also noticed this behaviour?