Sign in to follow this  
737_800

ORBX has released Volanta Premium

3 hours ago, captain420 said:

No thanks to subscription model. That's something I will never support.

So you also have no Amazon Prime, no Netflix, no Navigraph?

ok….

People spending 1000$+ on GPUs and cheap out on a 6$/month subscription. Nice 🙂 hard times for developers. 

Edited by swiesma
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Republic3D said:

I don't get all the negativity. 

I don't need this tool, I don't have it, but why so much negativity for extra features if you don't need them and enjoy the free version?

Welcome to Avsim. The home of the grumpiest community ever know. Right after 9GAG…..

If you get a dollar for every negativ post or personal attack here you could afford to lease an A320neo in real life. 

Edited by swiesma
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, styckx said:

Anna Cicognani

Well you know what do you expect hiring Australians.

Unreliable lot, drink too much beer and there wildlife is too obstreperous,

17 minutes ago, swiesma said:

ok….

People spending 1000$+ on GPUs and cheap out on a 6$/month subscription. Nice 🙂 hard times for developers. 

That's right. I already have to pay for mandatory subscription services, like internet, telephone, insurance, water, gas, electricity, etc. It adds up you know.

Edited by captain420
  • Like 3

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

7 minutes ago, swiesma said:

ok….

Let me answer. I spend tons of €€€'s every month for MSFS addons, mostly sceneries, but I hate all sorts of subscriptions and will not get that Volanta thingy either. And no, neither do I have Amazon Prime nor Netflix, or Navigraph. Live is still possible without all this.

I think, developers have a good time with me, despite.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 4

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

From what I can see it is targeting twitch streamer types and such like and only the host needs premium.  Might be also useful if you have a regular group that flies together but even then only one premium sub is needed amongst the lot of you, not everyone.

Pricewise it works out at about $US4.00 a month if you pay annually, so for the target market it is probably priced OK.   

The PM50 guys get this reaction as well for the gtn750, you only need to sub if you want to import METAR and Navigraph charts on the fly - but there are threads full of people that never use METAR and have no Navigraph (and hence only ever need the free gtn750)  loudly announcing they refuse to sub to the paid one.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

Here is the thing...People don't want to pay for a subscription that is not valuable to them. If the price was lower or more valuable to them, then yes they would get the subscription. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

12 minutes ago, iFlySimX said:

Here is the thing...People don't want to pay for a subscription that is not valuable to them. If the price was lower or more valuable to them, then yes they would get the subscription. 

Yep exactly that.

The weird thing about flight sim addons however is so many people feel a need to announce they are not buying a particular aircraft or subscribing to a particular service.  Not really a thing so much in the real world. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, swiesma said:

Welcome to Avsim. The home of the grumpiest community ever know. Right after 9GAG…..

If you get a dollar for every negativ post or personal attack here you could afford to lease an A320neo in real life. 

I should viciously attack you for that post ...

... just to help you making your point. 😉

Cheers,

Peter

The detractors here may explain why the forum is only half way to it's donation target. I mean, what do you get for paying? Other than supporting the continued existance and on going improvements which in turns allows for it to stay free for everyone else.

I don't mind chucking a bit of money at a service or creator. Especially if it's not a barrier to entry for those who don't.

Currently circumnavigating the world in a mix of Cessna and Piper aircraft. 

My Default Setup; MSFS, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster Hotas X, TrackIR, Samsung Galaxy Tab, JustFlight Piper Arrow. Simworks Quest Kodiak 100. 

Wishlist; Honeycomb Bravo, Honeycomb Charlie.

1:400 Airline Model Collector.

9 hours ago, steve310002 said:

Hmm...I can't say I'm a fan of subscriptions so I'll pass. 

9 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

As soon as I saw it was subscription based, I left.

6 hours ago, 6297J said:

Oh dear, I think they have been working on this for a long time. Not a good day for ORBX. 

6 hours ago, captain420 said:

No thanks to subscription model. That's something I will never support.

5 hours ago, Chock said:

Not for me. The only subscriptions I'm interested in are the ones people do on my youtube channel, and they're free anyway.

5 hours ago, 787flyer said:

Same here. I avoid subscriptions. The only one I have is the Navigraph FMS Data but thats because I fly regularly enough to make use of it in multiple aircraft.

5 hours ago, iFlySimX said:

No thank you, not even close to being worth $6 per month. SimToolKit Pro is free and a lot better.

So much for actually looking at the product and just going by the OP post. Majority of it is free and it tracks all your aircraft fleet by type and registration, all your flights (sortable by aircraft, month, etc...) including route flown, length, landing data, etc..., integrated aviation map for all of the US, Low and High airways for the whole world, NAT tracks (airways and NAT tracks if you have Navigraph subscription which many do), weather radar with like 6 different radar options and online map for Vatsim, IVAO and PilotEdge. All of that for free (save for Navigraph subscription for just two of the aforementioned features, rest are free). Some of you need to do a little research and not be lazy and merely go off the OP post. Wow..... 

Edited by B777ER
  • Like 2

Eric 

Yeah, a lot of people don't seem to read past the title.

And I thought that was just an issue with millennials and Gen Z.

Edited by Tuskin38

28 minutes ago, B777ER said:

So much for actually looking at the product and just going by the OP post. Majority of it is free and it tracks all your aircraft fleet by type and registration, all your flights (sortable by aircraft, month, etc...) including route flown, length, landing data, etc..., integrated aviation map for all of the US, Low and High airways for the whole world, NAT tracks (airways and NAT tracks if you have Navigraph subscription which many do), weather radar with like 6 different radar options and online map for Vatsim, IVAO and PilotEdge. All of that for free (save for Navigraph subscription for just two of the aforementioned features, rest are free). Some of you need to do a little research and not be lazy and merely go off the OP post. Wow..... 

I think some know what the feature list is and still have made their judgment call to pass. They have a right to. In my case if i haven't even got a navigraph sub then anything else is a non essential.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

3 hours ago, swiesma said:

ok….

I don't have any of the subs you mentioned above. 

Ill pay for a program at the purchase price . Subs are not for me.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

4 hours ago, swiesma said:

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea