Sign in to follow this  
Alec

Get Ready for the Queen! 747 arriving to X-Plane

Day 1 purchase here... I recently got his Tu-154 and it's awesome! (as well as the An-24 and Yak-40!)... Also purchased FlyJSim's 727 and 737, so this will go well with the old-school airliner theme I have going in XP! 

• Like 3

It's OUT at the ORG

Go get it!! 😃

• Like 1

Alexis Mefano

1 hour ago, Alec said:

It's OUT at the ORG

Go get it!! 😃

only if we race boeing vs boeing ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

This is a marvel😍! I've to open my CIVA books to remember me how to properly use them😂!

• Like 1

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

Wow !  In my PREFERRED colours !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcPhZn_K6ps

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I made my first flight following the FCOMvol1-NP downloaded from Boeing line by line, the aircraft behaves exactly as the manual says throughout the per-flight except some different option. very impressive.

• Upvote 1

Is this very different to the SSG 747 which I have? And it what way. Thanks for any reply.

33 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Is this very different to the SSG 747 which I have? And it what way. Thanks for any reply.

It's completely different. Everything in the plane is analog- CIV-A INS navigation is standard (the default FMC is included as a 'cheat', but a more realistic early-model FMS is apparently in the works). Flight Engineer panel, steam gauges... almost nothing is the same compared to the 747-8. Even if you're familiar with the 747-400 and -8 this plane needs a lot of studying to fly from A to B at all, let alone to fly it 'properly'. If you're familiar with the 727 then maybe the transition will be easier.

And that's just the aircraft itself. From a simulation standpoint the Felis -200 is way better than the SSG -8. It has much more attention to detail- it seems to be as close to the real thing as you can get in a sim, while the 747-8 has a lot of corners cut and unrealistic behavior. The SSG is really a medium-level simulation. If the Felis -200 isn't "study level", then nothing is. (I do own both aircraft btw).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, avgaskoolaid said:

It's completely different. Everything in the plane is analog- CIV-A INS navigation is standard (the default FMC is included as a 'cheat', but a more realistic early-model FMS is apparently in the works). Flight Engineer panel, steam gauges... almost nothing is the same compared to the 747-8. Even if you're familiar with the 747-400 and -8 this plane needs a lot of studying to fly from A to B at all, let alone to fly it 'properly'. If you're familiar with the 727 then maybe the transition will be easier.

And that's just the aircraft itself. From a simulation standpoint the Felis -200 is way better than the SSG -8. It has much more attention to detail- it seems to be as close to the real thing as you can get in a sim, while the 747-8 has a lot of corners cut and unrealistic behavior. The SSG is really a medium-level simulation. If the Felis -200 isn't "study level", then nothing is. (I do own both aircraft btw).

Thanks for the reply. I will certainly consider it once XP12 has been released and when a realistic FMS has been implemented.

Edited by jarmstro

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

Thanks for the reply. I will certainly consider it once XP12 has been released and when a realistic FMS has been implemented.

Keep in mind the realistic FMS won't be like a 747-400 or 747-8 FMS. It will be an LTN-92. It's basically a CIV-A INS with a digital screen. Very basic and primitive, just like the real plane.

2347623426_be6aaa2282_b.jpg

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, avgaskoolaid said:

It's basically a CIV-A INS with a digital screen. Very basic and primitive, just like the real plane.

Actually sounds like music to my ears. Think I’ll have to get this. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Ahem... I just thought I should point out that the original aircraft required a flight engineer, making it a three-crew operation. A colleague, who actually flew the real thing for years, doubts that he could realistically fly this one solo. No doubt it is a masterpiece in simulated re-creation, but it could turn out to be like the Mona Lisa - a lost and lonely, lovely work of art...

31 minutes ago, Brian Mackie said:

Ahem... I just thought I should point out that the original aircraft required a flight engineer, making it a three-crew operation. A colleague, who actually flew the real thing for years, doubts that he could realistically fly this one solo. No doubt it is a masterpiece in simulated re-creation, but it could turn out to be like the Mona Lisa - a lost and lonely, lovely work of art...

Pretty sure they would have some automation in it, like as you said, it needed 3 people.

If it contains automation that makes it flyable by one person then, although it might look like the real thing, it can't be realistic in flying terms. Nevertheless, a possible collector's item, if you're into that sort of thing.