Sign in to follow this  
Guest DirtyHarry3033

Utility disables TrackIR in external views of FSX

I installed it to use with TrackerIR and as soon as I went to external view (spot plane) it immediately went to top down and I couldn't get it to do anything else.Had to go to window mode then close JAB.Tried several times with same result.Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Guest alfredmanning

Startup sequence is JAB_FSX, TrackIR, FSX. It is necessary to start JAB_FSX before TrackIR.

Thanks for the response.I emailed Jacky and I have it working.Ron

All you need to do is to 'Pause' Trackir to disable it in 'spot' view. Then you can use your 'hat' switch or other as normal.

Dave Taylor gb.png

>>All you need to do is to 'Pause' Trackir to disable it in>>'spot' view. Then you can use your 'hat' switch or other as>>normal.>>Thanks for the tip ! It is EXACTLY what my program does>automatically for you :-)>Jacky, I and others appreciate what you have done but clicking a 'mouse wheel' down is hardly hard work now is it?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest DirtyHarry3033

Jacky, thanks! Great utility :D I knew it could be done, even though Vincent over at NP kept saying there was no way to do it every time someone asked.I have a problem though, mostly I fly the RealAir SF.260 in the left-seat VC and when I cycle thru the views, it jumps to the right seat and I'm stuck there - can't get back to the left seat, or outside, or any other view.With the default planes, it works fine. I think the problem is because the SF.260 has two VC views. Any idea how to get it working with the SF.260?DH

While I would't call it hard work, it is annoying to have to do compared to having to using TrackIR in FS9. Personally, I would have preferred Natural Point to listen to us customers and give us the option to have track IR used in non-VC views, but nothing has eventuated so far. So thanks from me too Jacky!Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

I just programmed a rocker switch on the yoke for F9/F12. Just a quick thumb movement and TrackIR is paused. It would seem a lot easier to do than having TrackIR make a non trrivial change in their code. I realize that some people have all their extra switches programmed for other things and that's where Jacky's program will be a benefit.Just MHO,VicVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest Jacky Brouze

>Jacky, thanks! Great utility :D I knew it could be done,>even though Vincent over at NP kept saying there was no way to>do it every time someone asked.>>I have a problem though, mostly I fly the RealAir SF.260 in>the left-seat VC and when I cycle thru the views, it jumps to>the right seat and I'm stuck there - can't get back to the>left seat, or outside, or any other view.>>With the default planes, it works fine. I think the problem>is because the SF.260 has two VC views. Any idea how>to get it working with the SF.260?>>DHHi Harry,My program only gets warned by SimConnect.dll (the Microsoft interface with FSX) when the view changes to or from virtual cockpit. When it gets the signal, it sends F9 key to Track-IR.If you can make FSX tell "I am in virtual cockpit view" when in the right seat ... my program will do just fine what youwant.Sorry, I have no mean to proceed without this signal.A+Jacky (I hope that you understand my frenglish)

Guest Jacky Brouze

>>I just programmed a rocker switch on the yoke for F9/F12. Just>a quick thumb movement and TrackIR is paused. It would seem a>lot easier to do than having TrackIR make a non trrivial>change in their code. >>I realize that some people have all their extra switches>programmed for other things and that's where Jacky's program>will be a benefit.>>Just MHO,>>Vic>>Visit the Virtual Pilot's Center>www.flightadventures.com>>http://www.hifisim.com/>Active Sky V6 Proud Supporter>Radar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/Hi Vic,I am just amazed : Why do you believe that I "make a non trivialchange in their code" ?My program connects to FSX using the Microsoft provided interface and request for an event to be sent when the use changes from or to VC. When it receives this event, it sends a F9 key to Track-IR in order to make it pause / unpause. It is a small and trivial piece ofcode, not complicated at all.I would prefer NaturalPoint to do it inside their software, but,as this didn't come, I made it myself. Be quiet, I do not change anything in your Track-IR software nor in FSX.A+Jacky

Guest DirtyHarry3033

Jacky, I think what Vic was getting at is that a lot people are wanting NaturalPoint to make the change in the TrackIR code, and that it would be a major change - he wasn't saying that you changed the TIR code.Thanks for the ideas about getting it working with the SF.260, I'll see if I can come up with something.Vic, as Jacky points out the change would be very minor for NP to make - I've always suspected SimConnect would fire an event on view changes, and JAB_FSX proves that. It would be a simple matter for NP to add an event handler to the TIR software and generate the pause/unpause command whenever the view change event is raised. Assuming that is, that TIR is already using SimConnect and I'm about 99% sure it does ;) And a big advantage of NP doing it in the TIR software, it would work with whatever keys the user had assigned for Pause and Center (my FSX profile currently uses "x" and Joy2, changed them back to F9/F12 to experiment with JAB).

Jacky,I can't believe people are giving grief about your program.I think it is great although having the mouse toggle pause TrackIR was handy for setting gauges.I prefer your program because I switch to outside views more than I set gauges.I have programmed buttons to set alt,heading ajd .course adj.,speed adj.etc.Also I can have it set to start TrackIR and RC before starting FS.Thanks again for the program.Ron from Ottawa,Ill.

Guest Jacky Brouze

>Jacky, I think what Vic was getting at is that a lot people>are wanting NaturalPoint to make the change in the>TrackIR code, and that it would be a major change - he wasn't>saying that you changed the TIR code.Ok, sorry I misunderstood.>Vic, as Jacky points out the change would be very minor>for NP to make - I've always suspected SimConnect would fire>an event on view changes, and JAB_FSX proves that. It would>be a simple matter for NP to add an event handler to the TIR>software and generate the pause/unpause command whenever the>view change event is raised. Assuming that is, that TIR is>already using SimConnect and I'm about 99% sure it does ;) +1 !