Sign in to follow this  
Guest DirtyHarry3033

Utility disables TrackIR in external views of FSX

Thanx, DH - you just made my day ( pun intended :) ) that's what I meant - no disrespect to Jacky - I've been a fan for a long time going back to the original gauge cleaner. :)Good point re Simconnect - I keep forgetting about that. I'm still thinking the DirectPlay interface which is NOT fun to program. I've just lightly glanced at SimConnect and it seems like it would be a heck of a lot easier.VicVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I'd like to thank you again for this great little utility. In my case I have all my buttons programmed just the way I want it and the keyboard out of reach. This does just the trick for my tracker ir-it would be nice if they built it in but you have increased the elegance of using it greatly until then. We appreciate your work!http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Guest DirtyHarry3033

Vic, ;)>Thanx, DH - you just made my day ( pun intended :) ) that's>what I meant - no disrespect to Jacky - I've been a fan for a>long time going back to the original gauge cleaner. :)Yep, Jacky rules! He did what NP kept saying can't be done...>>Good point re Simconnect - I keep forgetting about that. I'm>still thinking the DirectPlay interface which is NOT fun to>program. I've just lightly glanced at SimConnect and it seems>like it would be a heck of a lot easier.I've got no experience with DirectPlay, or SimConnect either. Been writing cobol business apps for 20+ years on a unix system, my Windows programming experience is limited to maybe 20 thousand lines of work-related VB6 code that I've written over the last 6 years. None of which is client/server related. But my common sense was screaming at me that SimConnect has got to be raising events, and making properties and methods and whatnot available to clients. Shouldn't be a big deal responding to these things ;)I think the reason why NP hasn't done this, and has kept saying it's impossible, is due to possible problems with 3rd party planes like my SF.260. There is obviously some strange code going on in the VC on that plane, with JAB running I cannot cycle thru the views using my CH yoke with Next and Prev views programmed on the buttons. All I can do is jump from whatever seat I'm in, to the other seat, then get stuck there :( Using the keyboard, pressing "s" does the same thing, I get "stuck". Using "Shift-s" on the keyboard does work properly, but I can't program it on my CH yoke either thru FSX or thru FSUIPC. That just leads back to the "stuck" problem, when trying to use the yoke buttons to cycle views.So anyway, I think NP is aware of these issues with certain 3rd-party planes as far as disabling TIR in spot view, and so they're denying it to everyone!However, JAB works great with the default FSX planes, and also with my DreamFleet planes. That's good enough for me, thanks Jacky!

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

>Jacky, thanks! Great utility :D I knew it could be done,>even though Vincent over at NP kept saying there was no way to>do it every time someone asked.>>I have a problem though, mostly I fly the RealAir SF.260 in>the left-seat VC and when I cycle thru the views, it jumps to>the right seat and I'm stuck there - can't get back to the>left seat, or outside, or any other view.>>With the default planes, it works fine. I think the problem>is because the SF.260 has two VC views. Any idea how>to get it working with the SF.260?>>DHI never said that it couldn't be done, just not through our software.....Basically this is a "macro" style application that performs several button functions when another button is pressed........

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

>While I would't call it hard work, it is annoying to have to>do compared to having to using TrackIR in FS9. Personally, I>would have preferred Natural Point to listen to us customers>and give us the option to have track IR used in non-VC views,>but nothing has eventuated so far. So thanks from me too>Jacky!>>Gary We try to listen to what the customer says, and try to add those features to our software.The issue is how the FSX SimConnect application sets the views, and what views are controlled.

>>Jacky, thanks! Great utility :D I knew it could be done,>>even though Vincent over at NP kept saying there was no way>to>>do it every time someone asked.>>>>I have a problem though, mostly I fly the RealAir SF.260 in>>the left-seat VC and when I cycle thru the views, it jumps>to>>the right seat and I'm stuck there - can't get back to the>>left seat, or outside, or any other view.>>>>With the default planes, it works fine. I think the problem>>is because the SF.260 has two VC views. Any idea how>>to get it working with the SF.260?>>>>DH>>I never said that it couldn't be done, just not through our>software.....>>Basically this is a "macro" style application that performs>several button functions when another button is>pressed........>Well, have tried out most of the ways with the new views and I must say it is a very clumsy and cumbersome view system. While there are many new view features, that mostly revolve aound outside views, the simple switching between VC and 2D panel is basically porked for those with TrackIR. There are roundabouts but they all lack simple convenience. Even now, using JAB, when I switch fast from VC to 2D, I still need to recenter TIR in 2D view (or stare at the tarmac) every once in a while. Vince and NatPoint are not to be blamed for the new inconveniences btw, nothing to do with them, it's the way it had been designed and carved in FSX code. Another question, why would they want to take away another neat little feature available in FS9 views, like possibility of fine tuning your Eyeposition in VC dynamically with the keys or your joystick assignements? I'm sure, had the guy in charge of the view features specification at Aces flown more himself he would have never left it out. I am dissapointed, sorry for negativism. It feels like a huge new system with lack of basic facility.PS: thanks to Jacky for his efforts, but even with his JAB it is not as simple and convenient like it used to be in FS9.

I've got the same problem that Ron had. When I go out of VC it goes to top down view. Clicking the Toggle doesn't seem to help.Jim

Make sure you have TrackIR pause programmed to f9 and align to f12.It only works with the default settings for TrackIR.Jacky says he is working on having it work with any reassignments.Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Going back to the default F9 & F12 fixed the problem, however, now I have no top down view. F12 was the default for it which is why I had changed from F12 to Space bar in TIR. I can't seem to get any other key or button to activate the top down view. Can't figure out why not. Any ideas on how to activate the top down view?Thanks.Jim

I have a button on my yoke assigned to cycle views forward and another one for cycle views backwards.Then I have my left toggle set to cycle thru the views of each.In other words,one view is spot plane,fixed spotview,top down and tower.Another cycles thru cockpit views.Works fine.Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Guest Glen Gordon

Hi Jacky,First off, I thank you for doing something about the head tracker issue in FSX. Lots of people complained about this issue and the response is generally the same over and over. Compound this with the fact that other users claim it isn't a problem for them so it shouldn't be a problem for anyone. Not true! The mere existence of your tool proves otherwise.The fix really should have been in the FSX code but alas I don't think we'll see it there any time soon.I did have a possible suggestion though I'm not sure how much it would bog down the code you've written.Rather than detect entry/exit from the VC view and toggle the head tracker on that case only, could you detect entry/exit from spot view, locked spot view and the 2D cockpit view and disable head tracking when any of those 3 cases are present? A bit more complex to be sure but I believe that it just might be possible.The reason I ask is because there are some outside views not associated with spot view and locked spot view that would benefit from head tracking. These views are not all the same for all planes so I thought it might be easier to test for the spot view and locked spot view which should be available to all aircraft.Cheers!Glen

Guest Glen Gordon

Thank you for this clarification Jacky :)Alas, this also means NaturalPoint would be constrained by the same issue if they incorporated it into their driver somehow.Been looking into the SDK myself but found that I couldn't compile with Visual Studio Net 2003. Too old. Perhaps time for an upgrade anyway for me.I really appreciate what you've done with JAB_FSX as it makes things a lot closer to the way they used to be in FS9 and that setup was very sensible to me.Cheers!GlenP.S. - Your English is fine. It's my French that's horrible!!! :)