Sign in to follow this  
KERNEL32

Just me - or no photogrammetry data?

Didn´t have this problem until today, Bing data is missing completely. France/Germany border flight.

• Like 1

Iñigo Bildarratz

I don't get it. I was flying off and on all day. Photogrammetry and Bing data were perfect. So just now for a test, I turn them off, and it immediately looked bad. But I just turn them back on and it looks glorious again. Have been flying many hours today and yesterday, more than in a long time. The problem just did not occur ever at all, everything was normal.

Server is Automatic, West Coast 26 and 28 ms in gamertag box.

Maybe there is an internet slowdown (perhaps an attack). Anyway, try West Coast Server. It has been solid, no issues last 2 days.

EDIT:  West USA server, not West Coast.

Edited by Fielder
  • Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

If you aren't sure, start at JFK in New York and fly  towards the skyscrapers. The brooklyn bridge is flat if you have no Bing/photogrammetry. I reduced the resolution to save loading time in the forum, quality is higher both images in reality.

West USA server right now Bing/photogrammetry on in top image.

AcikR8V.jpg

Y5yI0uc.jpg

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I had no satellite data imagery in game, tried all the suggested fixes, then reinstalled the game, no joy.

I'm afraid to say i resorted to reinstalling windows, this fixed it.

Try logging out of and uninstalling the xbox live app, rebooting, reinstalling it and logging back in again.

Edited by tyke1

12 minutes ago, tyke1 said:

I had no satellite data in imagery in game, tried all the suggested fixes, then reinstalled the game, no joy.

I'm afraid to say i resorted to reinstalling windows, this fixed it.

Try logging out of and uninstalling the xbox live app, rebooting, reinstalling it and logging back in again.

Ooof, I admire your dedication reinstalling Windows, but unfortunately I think sometimes it’s just a matter of timing. Today seems particularly bad: I had to log on four times before I got online streaming working properly.

• Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I see other forums and Facebook groups are also full of people complaining about no photogrammetry. 

Any word from Asobo or Microsoft on this?

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Seems to be hitting sporadically. I’ve logged on and used / am using Bing scenery without problem twice in the last 2 hrs.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

6 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Turn it off / on..?

Tried it, didn't fix it.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

According to fselite it seems that MS/AS is aware of the issues and is working on it.

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I'm wondering if some of the responses in this thread regarding "Multiplayer" are confusing the two separate options for turning multiplayer on and off.

First there is the Multiplayer option under the Data menu in the General Options menu. This is what will connect/disconnect you to/from the servers.

Then there is the Multiplayer options under the Flight Conditions menu accessed from the World Map. Options are either Live Players, All Players or Off. If you have the Multiplayer turned Off in the Data menu (as mentioned above) then this option will be grayed out in the Flight Conditions menu.

Some of the responses here I think maybe conflating the two.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Flypops said:

I'm wondering if some of the responses in this thread regarding "Multiplayer" are confusing the two separate options for turning multiplayer on and off.

First there is the Multiplayer option under the Data menu in the General Options menu. This is what will connect/disconnect you to/from the servers.

Then there is the Multiplayer options under the Flight Conditions menu accessed from the World Map. Options are either Live Players, All Players or Off. If you have the Multiplayer turned Off in the Data menu (as mentioned above) then this option will be grayed out in the Flight Conditions menu.

Some of the responses here I think maybe conflating the two.

I am talking about the multiplayer option under the data menu, I think others are too.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

4 hours ago, Fielder said:

If you aren't sure

... just zoom in on the world map. If it shows generic textures, than the data connection is lost. No reason to actually enter a flight.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yeah everything is just ugly blocks for me. No pretty buildings in the places I fly all the time. Still better looking than FSX, but man I am spoiled now lol.

5900X

32GB DDR4-3600MHz

ZOTAC RTX 3070 Ti

Game installed on 980 PRO

Main display Gigabyte M27Q X 27" 1440p 240Hz

No PG for me over Harrisburg, PA this AM until I shut down and restarted my computer.  Then PG was there.  I'm in Pennsylvania.