Sign in to follow this  
patricksurry

G3: open source s/w for steam gauge panels

Looking for feedback on something I've been working on.  It's part of a quixotic pandemic project to build a DHC-2 cockpit, but I got a little carried away with the instrument panels...

G3 is a flexible Javascript framework for building steam gauge instrument panels that display live external metrics from flight (or other) simulators.  Easy to connect to X-Plane and FS2020 example coming soon.  Here's a screenshot of some of the example gauges, or try this live demo.  Read more at https://github.com/patricksurry/g3.

flightpanel.png

Nice, crisp and very smooth. Outstanding job.

Would be possible to incorporate an HSI and RMI, or an option to chose a different order layout? 

👍

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

For sure, it's a toolkit for building your own custom gauges and panel layouts.  I included a bunch of examples (a few shown in previous screenshot), but the aim is to be very flexible for customization, and hopefully collecting contributions from others.   As an example of the flexibility, I built an example gauge that simulates the famous omega speedmaster watch (screenshot below, or see live demo here)

speedmaster.png

• Upvote 1

It looks great. I would love to try this but I don’t  have a lot of experience with JS and HTML. 
I spent more on Air Manager than for the flight Simulator itself, which I find odd given that air manager is a 5 people project and MSFS has over 1000 developers (or so they say in their Q&A iirc). 

Edited by wohnlich

A great job I must say! Hope to learn how to create some gauges. Can't find the g3-examples.js file in github. Has it been removed?

Thanks anyhow.