Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas Jackson

Textures degraded. New ISP?

All,

• I have had a sudden drop in the quality of my textures, to the point where it would appear I am off line, however I am not.
  • Also under my log i name I have the online /offline status greyed out as well as the selection for the servers.
  • The only thing I have done is to have gone with another ISP (Sky Fibre).
  • Bing world graphics are on.

I have not investigated Networking as I don't really know what I am looking for in relation to anything that may have changed with my new provider.

Any help would be appreciated to an old andnot so computer literate guy.

Thank You

Nic

There's forming a pile of users experiencing the same over at the other forum - obviously some server boo boo, even though the servers seem to claim good health.

I noticed that already this very early morning (Sa. 3:00-5:00am UTC) when trying to explore Portland from KTTD - Bing couldn't keep up loading textures fast enough for the H135 cruising @75kts.  Now photogrammetry is completely out and Bing orthos are loading in slow motion if at all.  Of course this is happening on the weekend, when most regular people may spare a bit of time to enjoy Flight 2020.

Edit:  Try closing and restarting the game, maybe that takes you off the whatever part has gone bad there, it just did for me.

Edited by Captain Nuts

I have constant spinning circle atm. And ATC gone. Definitely something on server side

• Like 1

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

At FL3000 1 blurry tile loads every 5 seconds but my internet speed is poor so I'm not a good indicator.

I've gone offline for now.

Try deleting your cache file also.

bs

Edited by bean_sprout

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

42 minutes ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

Have you ruled out the SU5 issue where the sim has reduced graphics for everyone despite what it says in the menu?

That is not it..

Bert

Thanks for the replies everyone further looking at other posts here and across other forums would suggest this issue is an on-going thing with a lot of users.

Regards Nic