Sign in to follow this  
bosflo

now what's wrong with live traffic?

Speaking of live traffic, I was flying around in IDA this afternoon and saw a plane approaching in LittleNavMap .  Turned out to be a Hurricane Hunting P-3 Orion NOAA42.  Confirmed it was there in Flight Aware on a mission.  Impressed with how it created miserable flight conditions mimicing the real thing.  Not to make light of the terrible situation that the folks down there are now enduring.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

So can I.

Honestly, if there is one thing I wish in these situations, its that people asking for help keep in mind that them having an issue does not necessarily make it universal across all, or even the majority of users.

My traffic, after Su5:

How you achieve this I have no idea.  I have multiplayer off (due to general craziness around airports as folks are just going everywhere and trying to ram things).  However, all other AI sliders are maxed.  I just tested again just now at JFK 1:30 pm and saw 5 planes at the gates and only two moved on the ground (to the threshold then disappeared), this was after 45 minutes of viewing - 7 aircraft total with 2 movements.  Community folder empty. The entire time I have owned this sim,  I have never seen what you show here.  Is your video time lapsed over an 8 hour period or something??  

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

50 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

Is your video time lapsed over an 8 hour period or something??  

Nope, I was experimenting with the A320 at the time, going back and forth between New York and Boston, and I was regularly accompanied by fleets of aircraft, which actually got annoying because I would be told to follow a generic in to land, but the AI crafts would then routinely futz around on the runway, and I would be ordered to go around.

This happened to the point where I finally turned off the AI, because lots of times I couldn't even taxi, because I was ordered to hold for a generic coming in for a landing (KBOS), and then I would sit there forever while nothing happened, and then 10 or 15 minutes later (it felt like) the AI aircraft would finally appear and come in to land.....

I took this video, because I was sitting there pretty bemused, staring at all the traffic, and thinking about the slideshow that would have occurred if that much AI was moving around in FSX.

Ksea, is notoriously preposterous for me, because it seems like the AI planes are landing on alternate Runaways barely two or three minutes apart, constantly.

The question, as always, is why do we see such differences between users?

Edited by HiFlyer

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

4 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Nope, I was experimenting with the A320 at the time, going back and forth between New York and Boston, and I was regularly accompanied by fleets of aircraft, which actually got annoying because I would be told to follow a generic in to land, but the AI crafts would then routinely futz around on the runway, and I would be ordered to go around.

This happened to the point where I finally turned off the AI, because lots of times I couldn't even taxi, because I was ordered to hold for a generic coming in for a landing (KBOS), and then I would sit there forever while nothing happened, and then 10 or 15 minutes later (it felt like) the AI aircraft would finally appear and come in to land.....

I took this video, because I was sitting there pretty bemused, staring at all the traffic, and thinking about the slideshow that would have occurred if that much AI was moving around in FSX.

Ksea, is notoriously preposterous for me, because it seems like the AI planes are landing on alternate Runaways barely two or three minutes apart, constantly.

The question, as always, is why do we see such differences between users?

Yes, its because we dont call "ai traffic" to what you show in the time-lapse of your video. 

Ai traffic is 100 different ai models, and more than 1000 airliners, behaving from a goood taxi to a good approach. (at least) 

We dont want skies full of the same ai plane. 

Usually, what happens to me is that everytime i say we have no ai traffic, someone comes and says: yes, i have! And shows (not you), a terrible pic of generic model going  nowhere.

We are into the style of quality of fsx ai traffic behavior (as minimum) 

Sounds interesting xd. 

Hahaha i always imagine passengers behave like the planes they take. 

Just to be clear, it's not a time lapsed or altered in any way.

As an aside, if I was plane spotting or something like that, I might be a bit more OCD perhaps, regarding the numbers of different types of planes, but in reality the AI aircraft appear to me usually as dots in the distance or perhaps simply as labels if I have that turned on.

So it doesn't really matter all that much to me, what they look like.

All that being said, I think the planes in msfs, actually behave fairly well, as my memory of FSX AI was of  planes flying right through me as I came in to land! 😺

Edited by HiFlyer

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

11 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

So can I.

My traffic, after Su5

I've never seen this much traffic in my installed version well, ever. This goes to show you that the functionality which should work equally for everyone, isn't. Out of curiosity, where is this from and what time of day? I'd like to check it out myself, I also see you have some multiplayer users in your traffic too.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 hour ago, Drumcode said:

I've never seen this much traffic in my installed version well, ever. This goes to show you that the functionality which should work equally for everyone, isn't. Out of curiosity, where is this from and what time of day? I'd like to check it out myself, I also see you have some multiplayer users in your traffic too.

The video was done at Boston Logan, right around sunset, I believe.

And I have a theory about the AI planes. I suspect that because I had multiplayer active, and there were so many players, there may have been no available parking spots on the ground.

I suspect that possibly because of this, tons of generic planes were put into a holding pattern, and brought in one by one as space became available......

Edited by HiFlyer

Devons rig

22 hours ago, Drumcode said:

I get plenty of ATC chatter in the air advising for traffic, but they are not there. It's an absolute mess ever since they released the software, period. I'd like to express what I think about this, but I would probably get banned from the forums, so I'll just shut up. 

Probably better than the sim your working on.

6 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

The video was done at Boston Logan, right around sunset, I believe.

And I have a theory about the AI planes. I suspect that because I had multiplayer active, and there were so many players, there may have been no available parking spots on the ground.

I suspect that possibly because of this, tons of generic planes were put into a holding pattern, and brought in one by one as space became available......

Ok, I have to try this myself just to be sure.  Can please please post your relevant sim settings and any mod(s) that you have that is utilized to achieve similar traffic to what I see in your video.  I understand that I may not get the same results due to multiplayer (if that is what I see) population.  However,  I would be completely blown away if I saw more then say 15 active moving aircraft at a major US hub.  I look forward to you posting of the settings/mods - thank you very much.

• Upvote 1

Yep. Zero live traffic. Before SU5 it was awesome.. Now the skys and VFR map are a vast wasteland 

Edited by styckx

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

1 hour ago, Mike S KPDX said:

Ok, I have to try this myself just to be sure.  Can please please post your relevant sim settings and any mod(s) that you have that is utilized to achieve similar traffic to what I see in your video.  I understand that I may not get the same results due to multiplayer (if that is what I see) population.  However,  I would be completely blown away if I saw more then say 15 active moving aircraft at a major US hub.  I look forward to you posting of the settings/mods - thank you very much.

Unfortunately there's no secret sauce coming from my side of the equation and my setup is conservative to the point of being pedestrian.

Settings are simply default ultra, and beyond a few sceneries, the Flybywire A320 and the usual suspects from Working Title, that's pretty much it for me.

I have a navigraph subscription that entitles me to monthly AIRAC updates, but honestly, I think the default AIRAC tends to work a bit better in displaying constraints and keeping the ATC engaged and active. (That's just my personal feeling)

All that being said, I just hopped into the sim, pulled my plane off the runway and took a look, and planes, including generics are everywhere.

u507qK.png

Edited by HiFlyer

Devons rig

Flew about an hour ago from Pensacola to Atlanta (KPNS-KATL) and on approach at Atlanta there were more in flight aircraft than I've ever seen. I think it's working again along with the PG. Obviously they were having some server/data issues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

Unfortunately there's no secret sauce coming from my side of the equation and my setup is conservative to the point of being pedestrian.

Settings are simply default ultra, and beyond a few sceneries, the Flybywire A320 and the usual suspects from Working Title, that's pretty much it for me.

I have a navigraph subscription that entitles me to monthly AIRAC updates, but honestly, I think the default AIRAC tends to work a bit better in displaying constraints and keeping the ATC engaged and active. (That's just my personal feeling)

All that being said, I just hopped into the sim, pulled my plane off the runway and took a look, and planes, including generics are everywhere.

I appreciate your response, I did not mean for a full litany of settings in case that is what you thought, just the effected ones, like what do you have for...

TRAFFIC

• aircraft traffic type?
  • ai aircraft traffic density?
  • show traffic nameplates?
  • use generic plane models (ai traffic)?
  • use generic plane models (multiplayer)?
  • traffic variety?

DATA 

• multiplayer?

6 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

I appreciate your response, I did not mean for a full litany of settings in case that is what you thought, just the effected ones, like what do you have for...

TRAFFIC

• aircraft traffic type?
  • ai aircraft traffic density?
  • show traffic nameplates?
  • use generic plane models (ai traffic)?
  • use generic plane models (multiplayer)?
  • traffic variety?

DATA 

• multiplayer?

Aircraft Traffic Type: Real Time Online

Show traffic nameplates: On

Airport Vehicle Density: 50%

Ground Aircraft Density: 50%

Worker Density: 50%

Leisure Boats: 50%

Road Vehicles: 50%

Ships And Ferries: 50%

Fauna Density: 100%

Use Generic plane Models (AI Traffic) On

Use Generic Plane Models: (Multiplayer) Off

Traffic Variety: Ultra

FLIGHT CONDITIONS!

Multiplayer = All Players

Air Traffic = Live Traffic

Weather and Time = Live

AS OF RIGHT NOW, THIS IS THE RESULT (FOR ME)

FdSxng.png

Devons rig

16 hours ago, Drumcode said:

I had it on for months and I've seen maybe two takeoffs and one landing.