Sign in to follow this  

Vista....I TOLD YOU SO

Guest iwantmydc3

I hate to say it, but, well, you know :)Next time maybe y'all will listen to me

Can you reference what it is you told us?

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Guest Kev_Is_Soaked

I really love these people who are all bashing Vista... not one of them have it or want it, yet talk as if they have the experience of a long-time vista user.I'll tell you what... I've enjoyed the Vista Beta's, and I'm enjoying my Vista Ultimate (retail). FSX runs better, CoD2, CoH, HL2, FC and other games seem to run better too... the NVidia drivers are almost there and performance is getting MUCH better.My machine is more stable (can you believe) than XP ever was for me... and XP was quite a hefty beast when it came to uptime, so thats pretty hard to beat. I say 'more stable' because so far I've crashed video and sound and fixed them both without a reboot... now that is stable.Besides a short glitch with my NAS, networking with Vista has been seamless. All my software seems to work. I've yet to find a a program (that I use) that has had any issues on the new platform.My desktop runs more like a modern desktop should. RocketDock (freeware) and Dreamscape (Ultimate Extra) bring the Windows desktop up to where Mac OS is currently, and does a great job of making the experience seamless and enjoyable.Security is TONS better than XP ever was. UAC isn't as annoying as it was in the beta's, as it no longer takes a second while blacking out the screen... and seems to be doing its job without being too intrusive... something I'm willing to sacrifice for some bonus notification that some jerk's software is trying to do something to my machine.WGA was quick and painless. Activation worked as planned, and of course... as I've been arguing for a long long time now, WGA did not send out anything other than a short burst of hardware and key hashes... nothing identifiable or even reverse engineerable.... its reference only. So far, the only comms with any MS server has been me downloading Updates... Bill has yet to come knocking on my door. (Yes, I've been monitoring the network using Wireshark and gathering lots of data on this.)Secondary to the "Spyware" issues that Vista has been accused of, I've also been logging all file accesses and HAVE identified the "Scan" that Microsoft talks about in their EULA. As I predicted, there are about 60-70 files that are routinely scanned (okay okay I predicted 10-20....) All files are part of the OS and are being having their checksums or hashes checked to identify any possible hack attempts.So there you have it. You sure told us didn't you....

>What... that you're a troll?Agreed. ##### is this post about?________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup