Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Jörg Neumann regarding World Update 6 and future DLC

49 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

But, yes, generally speaking when someone feels the need to break out "sheeple" in conversation alarm bells go off in my head and I begin to consider whether they should just be tuned out.  It's fundamentally name-calling and indicates a disrespect for people who disagree with you, as well as possibly a less open mind.   I will admit my memory is weakening as I age, but I truly don't think I can remember ever getting into an argument with someone who talked about "sheeple" and getting them to recant... a single thing, really.

For goodness sake, I did not call anyone 'sheeple'. I said in general I don't follow the herd in life and always look at both sides. I am one of the most balanced, good natured people you could meet and always listen to others.

I am terribly sorry that I forgot that it was 2021 and you want to mix everything up suggesting I be turfed out due to your desire to take my comment hugely out of context. For what? Saying I don't follow the herd in life and try to think critically in general but talking in the context of a relatively insignificant in the grand scheme of things flight sim update. Yet here we are with people talking about red flags and trying to run me out of the forums because I used a benign word that was funny a few years ago prior to 2020 when everything has to be twisted to mean something else.

Please stop mixing everything. This is a conversation about a flight sim not some loonie political or anti-science argument as some seems to be trying to suddenly throw into the mix here for some bizarre reason. 

I can confirm I am not one of what you are trying to indicate I am!

Edited by steve310002
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Just now, kaosfere said:

It depends on what you're looking to do.   But, if it's delivered in the same way the Husky is, it will most likely include the encrypted fsarchive bundles, which makes the sort of modifications done for the 320 and the CJ4 more difficult.

Of course people will want to create liveries, but I was thinking more of things like the gyro pilot and the engine startup procedure in the DC-6. They seem very realistic to me, and what I would have expected to find on an aircraft from that era. 

3 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

This is a conversation about a flight sim

Agree! 

Your argument would be helped if you would focus your arguments on the sim, and not the users or the developers..

Most of the folks that have come in here and maligned the motives of either have ended up on my ignore list.. 🙂

• Like 8

Bert

I wonder if they'll add Helicopter AI when they add them in 2022.  Flightaware does track helicopters.

14 minutes ago, dobee51 said:

Will the community be able to enhance this aircraft as they have done and are doing with the A32NX?

The aircraft is payware, so no, as the files will be encrypted.

Edited by Tuskin38

27 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

What I meant by the word "sheeple" is that I don't just follow a crowd or what is popular. I figure things about myself using critical and dedutive thinking and by being open to both sides to come to a conclusion. I am not calling anyone on these forums 'sheeple'. It's just a stupid expression I used jokingly to say I don't follow the herd. I was speaking in general terms about how I personally think for myself in general in life...i.e. I don't jump on bandwagons.

I think calling that a redflag is a tad strong to say the least and certainly not at all representative of who I am or the point I was making. I always listen to the opinions of others and respect them.

I fully respect those that think MSFS since SU5 is the best thing since sliced bread. My issues have been more that some individuals are not 'listening' or being respectful to those that are having issues since SU5. I equally don't agree with those on here saying the sim is essentially rubbish as it is not even with all its issues. It still has many positives. But if someone is having CTDs all the time, I can understand where they might be coming from in being frustrated and fed up.

I wouldn't exactly say the approach I have just described is indicative to a lower likelihood of constructive debate as you earlier "redflagged" me as potentially having. That's a little strong and could be considered insulting. But I'll rise above it and won't take that way as I am guessing from your other posts that you are a good guy and most likely misunderstood me.

Blablabla

3 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

The aircraft is payware, so no, as the files will be encrypted.

They'll probably be able to do some stuff with it, because the Longitude is also encrypted payware, but there's a flight model improvement mod that makes it not suck in the flight levels among other things.

I will admit that while I'm generally supportive of the devs and their product, I find it a little annoying that they're making new payware aircraft before fixing the old payware aircraft that those of us who sprang for the top-end edition bought over a year ago. I'd really like to see them get those deluxe planes up to snuff before they devoted resources to building new ones from scratch.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eslader said:

because the Longitude is also encrypted payware, but there's a flight model improvement mod that makes it not suck in the flight levels among other things.

Yeah that mod used the CJ4's files as a base, rewriting it to fit the Longitude. So there was probably some guesswork in there.

Edited by Tuskin38

2 minutes ago, urthgental said:

Blablabla

How very mature of you. 

To be more light hearted, considering some folk on here got upset by a funny word popularised several decades ago and not only in 2020/2021 by crazy people that I have no time for, I respond to your 'blablabla' comment with....

BahBahBah

That was a joke before any one gets offended. Please laugh. It's just a flightsim afterall.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

Yet here we are with people talking about red flags and trying to run me out of the forums because I used a benign word that was funny a few years ago prior to 2020 when everything has to be twisted to mean something else.

Dude, no one's trying to run you off, and you'll note that @VFXSimmer and I were both careful to note that we were not affixing our comments to you specifically.   If you want to complain about having things you say taken out of context, you can at least acknowledge that. 🙂

However, this is a textual forum, and all we have to go by when it comes to shades of meaning are the words in front of us and any background knowledge we have of the person who is writing.  You cannot deny your initial posts here were... let's say "assertive" for now... even without bringing "sheeple" into it: talking about calling people out, "marketing spiel", accusing MS of being all about the money and not having any respect for the community, and of course "calling a spade a spade".

It doesn't really comport with the balanced, open-minded person you say you are.  And now you've had feedback on that.   I admit I'm just a random schlub on the internet, and there's no particular reason you should put much stock in anything I or VFXSimmer have say, but if you're open minded you might want to at least take some of the comments on board and think about how you present yourself if you seek to project stability and open-mindedness.

Or you could blow them off and complain about being misconstrued and how everyone has to twist everything you say.   (In which case, maybe throw in a bit of the ol' "Everything is so PC now" / "Why is everyone so sensitive these days?" too for good measure.  😄 )

Edited by kaosfere
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

Please laugh. It's just a flightsim afterall.

Now THAT, on the other hand, is a sentiment I can fully support.  🙂

16 minutes ago, urthgental said:

Blablabla

Such an intelligent response.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

23 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Most of the folks that have come in here and maligned the motives of either have ended up on my ignore list.. 🙂

I would really love to see a data dump on the ignore lists of users in this forum to get some idea of who the most-ignored people are and what portion of active commenters ignore them.   Because I have a feeling, Bert, that you and I probably have pretty high overlap, and I'm sure we're not the only ones. 🙂

Another thing that would be interesting would be seeing how much time the most ignored people spend currently posting in the forums for other sims.   Are the folks that the community finds most unpleasant P3D or XPlane fans who decide to come over here and stir the poop?    Or do we have our own native-born collection of trolls?

OK, done serial posting now.   I got work to do.  😄

• Like 2

What really bothers me is that MS puts out paid aircraft without fixing aircraft that I bought with the 'Premium Deluxe Version' or other default aircraft that are not up to snuff. I am not talking about study level, but just fixing basic things....

Call me picky, but it leaves a really bad taste in my mouth....

The respect for Joerg and team that I had, is really dwindling fast. There are bugs that never got fixed since birth of MSFS ONE YEAR ago clearly take a back seat in favor of marketing hyped 'improvements', such as Reno Air Race, Top Gun etc, yet I get attacked by

- Kamikaze airport vehicles

- have wrong weather

- broken ATC,

- no replay function,

- 'melted' Photogrammetry cities

- water creeping up coastlines, 'water bumps' in lakes/rivers

- green highways/freeways in parts of Europe and other parts of the world

- pixelated clouds, even on ultra

etc etc

Don't get me wrong, I love the sim, but there is something wrong with the priority of improvements. I know the teams that do bug fixes are not the teams that work on the eye candies, but there is not a healthy balance, in my humble opinion. But what do I know..... 

Edited by Silicus
spelling
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

6 minutes ago, Silicus said:

What really bothers me is that MS puts out paid aircraft without fixing aircraft that I bought with the 'Premium Deluxe Version' or other default aircraft that are not up to snuff. I am not talking about study level, but just fixing basic things....

I can assure you that the dev team are aware of the issues in the default planes, especially the premium ones, and they haven't been abandoned.

I can't argue with your opinion of the priorities being put on things, because that is purely a matter of opinion.  But please don't think that those issues are being ignored just because there is no visible progress on them at just this moment.

Edited by kaosfere
  • Like 15

25 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

I can assure you that the dev team are aware of the issues in the default planes, especially the premium ones, and they haven't been abandoned.

I can't argue with your opinion of the priorities being put on things, because that is purely a matter of opinion.  But please don't think that those issues are being ignored just because there is no visible progress on them at just this moment.

🤣

Thank you for the laugh.  You have a real  future in politics. 

The team is aware, the issues are not ignored, yes then what ? What good does it do to us ? 

What you call our "opinions" on priorities are not opinions at all, there are both observation of facts and attentive reading of what your head honcho has said to FSElite.... and what he has not said. 

We , the users, observe that the actual priorities, the priorities which are on Neuman's roadmap, the priorities that have gotten a concretisation are new DLCs now the the Xbox version has been completed, these are not improvements of the existing aircraft, corrections of the bugs, completions of features (weather). These are facts not opinions.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam