Sign in to follow this  
skully

FSX - Is Autogen Holding Me Back?

Guest wyoming

you can try RealSky 3 for FSX. It also shrinks the VASI and gives them a more "diffuse" aspect.

>>>>When I was using the stock scnerey, I had the mesh>resolution>>set at 38m. Now that I have the FSGenesis Mesh, it needs to>>be set a 10m to take advangtage of it.>>>>Only if you have 10m mesh installed. Most FSGenesis mesh is>76m or 38m. If you don't have any 10m products then there is>no point in setting your mesh slider at 10m.>>There was discussion some time back about how setting the mesh>slider lower when you had no need to, was harmful to>performance, but I have never tested this myself.>>Rhett>>AMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS>A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD>250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian caseNot the new US FSX mesh, which is suppose to be 9.6m in the US.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

>>Not the new US FSX mesh, which is suppose to be 9.6m in the>US. Well I did say "most" :) I forgot how detailed the new mesh was. 9.6 for the whole USA is getting pretty detailed!RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Seems like in previous versions, you could shrink the VASI with a few settings in your FS.CFG file. Am I way off here, or wasn't that the case?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I understand your dilema Joe.On my system I get ripping great frame rates and perfectly smooth operation from FSX with the autogen turned OFF. In fact with the autogen disabled FSX is the smoothest sim I've ever used.When I enable autogen FSX turns into a stuttering choppy mess and it runs about 7 to 9 fps average.This thread has enticed me to try some of the tweaks found at PMDG's excellent FSX FPS guide by Ryan Maziarz. Thanks for the links guys!http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/FSX_F...uide#CFG_tweaksI gained 7 to 8 fps by using these tweaks which may not sound like much but when your running at 7 fps and then have it go to 15 to 16 fps with autogen set at normal, that's a meaningful improvement effectively doubling my frame rates.The exact tweaks I used from Ryan's guide were,1. Fiber Frame Time Fraction2. Texture Bandwidth Mult3. Autogen Density4. AutogenDescriptions.spbThese have proven to be effective on my system. More tweaking and adjustments to do but so far so good.Cheers!Homebuilt:P4 Prescott 3.2 gigRadeon X800 Pro 256 mbASRock P4V88 mobo1 gig Corsair Pro Series RAM120 SATA HDAudigy 2 Sound19" CRT Monitor