Sign in to follow this  
Pilot_Kayden

Modifying Radio Section

Hello,

I have seen many developers such as Airfoil Labs Modify the Stock GTN 750 to remove the on screen radio option as there is already a separate radio panel on board. Is there a way I can modify the GTN 750 to do this for aircraft such as the Carenado FA50 or Citation II?

This is an example of what I'm referring to, as you can see there is no radio option on top, is this implementable in the GTN 750?

2019-12-MK-Image-GTN-Active-Flight-Plan-

HI,

This is one of the possible device and this is documented p6 of the RXP GTN User's Manual!

In addition, I'd suggest you also review the other options in the "Settings" chapter to further enable of disable some of the items located at the top!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi @RXP So I went ahead and read the document, let me just tell you what I am trying to accomplish so I can better understand. I fly the Carenado FA50 which has an integrated RXP GTN 3D model already. I wanted to change the 3D 750 to a 725. As far as I know the only difference is that the 725 it has no integrated radios, just like the image I attached above. What would be the best way to go about this, as there are many aircraft I want to do this to. 

I'd suggest as the first step, to select a GTN 725 instead of a GTN 750 in the RXP GTN menu maybe?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

@RXP In the event of doing this, the 3D GTN disappears and the 2D panel pops up, how can I change it so that way I can get the 725 to show up in the 3D model? 

This would mean Carenado has hard coded the 750 model in their detection, instead of a any 7XX. If there have just coded the visibility of the 3D bezel based on our published datarefs in the 3D model only (not in any additional plugin/logic), you might be able to manually edit their "cockpit" .obj file with a text editor. This should look like something along these lines:

ANIM_BEGIN
ANIM_HIDE 1 1 RXP/radios/indicators/gtn_unit1

But I believe there are 2 sides usually: the 3D model hide/show logic like above, and the plugin logic for the rest.

Edited by RXP