Sign in to follow this  
WarBeer

Reading Route Description issue

When I enter a route in the "New Flight Plan from Route Description" I keep getting "Mandatory departure airport ________ not found." This happens no matter what airport I enter.

Sorry, missing a bit of information.

Can you post one of the not working strings?
And what simulator do you use?
What is the selection in the scenery library menu in sub-menu Navigraph?

Alex

On 8/31/2021 at 1:43 AM, WarBeer said:

When I enter a route in the "New Flight Plan from Route Description" I keep getting "Mandatory departure airport ________ not found." This happens no matter what airport I enter.

This message means you don't write correct airport code* in route description - when you type a route description the first element has to be always departure airport code** 
*In addition the departure airport code has to exist in LNM navigation database (loaded as AIRAC and/or simulator db depends on your LNM scenery library settings) - but you can always check the code by pressing <F4> and typing given airport code in field "Ident" under "Airports" tab.

Here is example correct route description for flight from Goteborg to Hannover:   
ESGG N0346F260 VADIN GODOG ADSEN ALS ALASA TUGDU EKERN RENSU ELSOB ESTAD EDDV
As you can see above - the first element is mandatory departure airport code, the last element is mandatory destination airport, the second element describing speed and flight level is optional at LNM.

Here is example of another route description, flight from Gran Canaria to Salzburg:
GCLP VASTO UN858 AKUDA DCT OBOLO DCT OSLEP UN858 OXACA UM30 HIJ UN10 CJN UL27 YAKXU UN871 DEGES Z2 XEBIX N871 BADVI L725 UNKEN LOWS

More information you can find in section 35 of LNM manual, especially in point 35.3 (route description format): 
https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.6/en/ROUTEDESCR.html?highlight=new flight plan

I hope above advice helps you 🙂

Regards,
Piotr

**it refers to default LNM settings.
It's also possible change interpretation settings to treat first and last element as navaids but not as airports - see last right button in "New Flight Plan from Route Description". 
In such a case you have to later manually add departure/destination airports to flight plan.

Edited by ppgas
  • Upvote 1

Never give up ...  - here are details of the whip-round: https://zrzutka.pl/en/pewr2d  -> to help my younger son fights against Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (blood cancer).